Polo Red, White & Blue (2009)
by Ralph Lauren

Polo Red, White & Blue information

Year of Launch2009
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseRalph Lauren
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Red, White & Blue

Polo Red, White & Blue is a masculine fragrance by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 2009

Polo Red, White & Blue fragrance notes

Reviews of Polo Red, White & Blue

rbaker Show all reviews
The cucumber and then the lavender constitue the opening duet on my skin, fairly restrained though. Only after the first couple of hours do I get an apple note that is nothing great buy not bad. The base notes are the most disappointing parts: a very generic and dull light wood note with a hint of forgettable musk. Sillage and projection are limited, and the total longevity is a good six hours. Neutral, then, all in all.
28th August, 2014
Polo Blue + fresh cut apple

Well, I must agree with a previous review: It's Polo Blue + fresh cut apple. Nothing to write home about. I actually regret buying it, because I've already owned Polo Blue.

Blue is way better in its simplicity.

Pros: Lightly sweet and refreshing, good for casual situations
Cons: Too similar to Polo Blue"

25th October, 2013
Another Polo with no relation to the original.

It’s named "Red, White, and Blue," I suppose, with the RED being "apple," the WHITE being white musk, and the lavender being (a stretch, I know) …BLUE. Personally I think it should be labeled "White, White, and White" because everything is "white" in here. I don’t really smell the apple, I do smell the cucumber – they are white inside, aren’t they? As far as I’m concerned, the sage and lavender are very, very soft, so they provide very little color to the fragrance. Light wood, and White musk speak for themselves. This is a very neutral… very "white" fragrance. I rather like it, but then I rather liked Polo Blue except for its longevity, I have the same objection to RWandB, so I consider this "RWandB" redundant.

Pros: Pleasant, clean.
Cons: Longevity."

13th September, 2013
Boring, a scent for when you want to smell nice but not impress anyone.

R, W, and B opens with a very watery herbal/lavender combination. I wish I could detect the apple/cucumber notes, but I simply cannot. They sound like they'd be lovely.

Something like musky pepper emerges, despite pepper not being in the pyramid, before turning into a bland musky paper smell (which I found with Polo Blue as well).

Then it's gone, and it's only been about 45 minutes.

R, W, and B is a pretty basic aquatic, nothing to write home about and it seems almost a pointless addition to the Polo line. *yawn*

I guess it's something you can wear when you don't want to smell like sweat but don't have anyone to impress... a lawn work cologne?

Pros: The bottle is nice
Cons: Pretty boring, not as good as other aquatics"</p>

Update:

Wearing this today, I can detect the "tonic" note, which I suspect is actually just mint and/or calone.

RW&B certainly hasn't grown on me, and the vegetable/aquatic vibe is actually kind of gross now. I only put this on to do some yard work, but I'm thinking of washing it off nonetheless.

Reducing my rating from a Neutral to a Thumbs Down.
19th August, 2013 (last edited: 17th May, 2014)
If you enjoy Polo Blue, this one should please you because it is essentially Blue with the addition of fresh cut apple. That said, if you already have plenty of Blue laying around, you might not need to rush out for this one. Nothing very groundbreaking here but a nice scent that stays pretty linear and is more of a daytime, casual use only for me. Not too much projection (maybe 1.5 feet at best) and longevity is about 5 hours on average. Pleasant, Good (7/10).
25th March, 2013
Tony T Show all reviews
STIll has that great fresh/fruity/cucumber opening. very slight spicy accord after a few minutes and light musk and woods give it it's depth. great to sample but i prefer polo blue instead. both are great spring/summer scents with average longevity. pick me up scents when you are not feeling your best.
16th March, 2013

Add your review of Polo Red, White & Blue

Shop for Polo Red, White & Blue products online

Search Amazon for Polo Red, White & Blue

Member images of Polo Red, White & Blue

There are no member images of Polo Red, White & Blue yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Polo Red, White & Blue