Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe

Perfumer Sarah McCartney says of this fragrance:

The one thing that makes it stand out (IMHO) is the raspberry leaf absolute, a deep, sticky green material which is very hard to work with and pretty expensive. You don't get it in 99% of fruity florals - raspberry in perfume is usually a creation, a good one but somehow it doesn't feel the same. This natural material settles down to a beautifully jammy fruit jelly raspberry scent in Urura's Tokyo Cafe at about the same time that the tolu balsam and aopoponax start to take you by the hand and lead you to a lovely place.

At the top I put mandarin and grapefruits because I find them so hard to leave out. I love my citrus fruits. You'll probably get the violets and rose too, with rose geranium (a geranium that smells half way between the two flowers).

Oddly enough I didn't know this when I named it by my friend Urura told me that her names means the breeze through spring blossoms, which is exactly what Jo Fairley said it smelled like to her. I love it when that happens.

Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe fragrance notes

Reviews of Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe

Very pretty scent - lightly sweet, bold, fresh and joyous. It's so well named, evoking that pleasure of being happy out in nature, just after a spring rain.
The raspberry leaf is gorgeous and sharp - literally bittersweet - and tones nicely with the mandarin. The bitterness is still apparent behind the jammy centre with an earthiness from the geranium. Powdery balsam at the back, shining on top of wood.
Smells amazing and lasts forever on fabrics. I've learned not to be shy with 4160 fragrances - their atomisers deliver quite lean sprays, so I generally double up the sprays to get a 'normal' amount.
29th January, 2017 (last edited: 16th March, 2017)
kitsch Show all reviews
Not one to buy without testing it first because there's something in this house's scents that simply doesn't play nicely on everyone's skin or on their clothes.

It gave off an insistent and persistent metallic fug on me, and I'm sure it wasn't meant to do that! Very hard to clean off as well.

09th September, 2015
This is a very pretty scent-full of fruit, floral and lots of promise! This is fairly strong and lasts well too. Only problem for me is that something I can't yet identify brings me to the verge of a headache, which is a shame as this is otherwise enjoyable.
16th July, 2015
illyria Show all reviews
Beautiful!

This is just gorgeous. It's pretty, uplifting and makes me think of spring. And not just because it is described that way on the site. :-)

I put it on, breathed in and felt that sense of hope and optimism spring can bring. It doesn't shout, it whispers, and it makes you want to lean in to hear what it's telling you.

05th September, 2013

Add your review of Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe

Shop for Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe products online

Search Amazon for Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe

Member images of Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe

There are no member images of Tokyo Spring Blossom / Urura's Tokyo Cafe yet. Why not be the first?