The Great Randello (2013)
by 4160 Tuesdays

The Great Randello information

Year of Launch2013

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About The Great Randello

Created as part of the crowd-funded 10 Scents' Worth project.

Reviews of The Great Randello

This smells typically like a 4160 Tuesdays fragrance with dry raspberry, lavender, and vetiver. Ambergris is listed for some others from this house, but I might actually be detecting it in this one, a warm, salty note.
04th August, 2017
Unifex Show all reviews
I'm not a fan of gourmands in general, but I liked the look of the mid- and basenotes.

There is an initial blast of tangerines and key lime pie, which fades slightly to let the medicinal lemon myrtle and lavender cut through.

After about 15 minutes or so, the smell of scones, strawberry jam and cream appear. Proper job! This creaminess is echoed by the vetiver and sandalwood, which arrive after about an hour. The opoponax and vetiver then become a little clearer and greener, with the smooth cream sensation moving into the background, as the oakmoss and patchouli assert themselves. A nice classic chypre base.

Minimal sillage (on me, after the initial citrus), moderate longevity.

To sum up, if you like gourmands, you will love this. If you don't, you won't. If you are curious, you could do a lot worse than this as your opening foray. I appreciated the artistry, but it wasn't quite what I wanted. I was curious, but am now decided. A horizontal thumb from me. If all you want is the creamy-green base, something like ELdO's Fat Electrician would suit.
21st April, 2014
Beautiful! Can't stop sniffing my wrist...

This starts out very unusually, in the immediate opening, and I thought I perhaps wasn't going to like this one of Sarah McCartney's magnificent range of creations, but there was enough in the opening to hold my interest, and soon enough, a dark fruitiness began to emerge, which is at the heart of this unisex scent.

As it develops, it begins to take on a similar character to one of my favourites, 10 Corso Como, with echoes of the sandalwood and fruitiness used in that, but this is very much its own fragrance, with a deep, dark, raspberry/strawberry/toffee heart.

As Illyria says in her review, a delicious gourmand, but with nothing cloying or sickly sweet about it.

In short, wonderful stuff!

I highly recommend buying one of Sarah's taster packs. For £20 (if you're in the UK... she currently can't post abroad due to silly UK laws), you'll get an amazing variety of her scents, and all of those I have tried so far have made each day a delightful journey through a fragrance, all beautifully crafted, all unusual, all deliciously, non-stoppably sniffable.

Treat yourself, before the prices go up!
29th December, 2013
illyria Show all reviews
A gourmand for people who don't like gourmands

Sarah's site describes this as including "an amazing fruity cinder toffee scent." And it does! It also smells, on me, like a very good sherry. (But that's probably just me....)

I don't want to walk around smelling like cake or sweeties or a fruitbasket, so gourmands are normally not my style. But this is not any of those. It's delicious without the cloying part. And the chypre base grounds it as a grown-up scent. Recommended!

05th September, 2013

Add your review of The Great Randello

Shop for The Great Randello products online

4160 Tuesdays The Great Randello Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz 65% Full EDP

End Date: Friday Dec-14-2018 6:37:53 PST
Buy It Now for only: $44.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of The Great Randello

There are no member images of The Great Randello yet. Why not be the first?