Enchanted Forest (2012)
    by The Vagabond Prince

Enchanted Forest Fragrance Notes

Shop for Enchanted Forest products online

Reviews of Enchanted Forest

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

Jack Hunter's avatar
    Jack Hunter

On the opening you can smell a very realistic accord of blackberry's & green leaves like your smelling them from a bush in a garden. This smell is underpinned by a candy jelly baby type of scent and it does smell very nice.

As time passes it gets sweeter by the vanilla which is soon joined by patchouli and other notes.

There is no denying that this smells good and I can appreciate it. But this is just not to my taste and I do think it would smell better on a lady.

30th December, 2013

tigrushka's avatar
    tigrushka
    Finland Finland

I like the opening, there's vegetation, woods, rotten leaves, and all this is crowned with the darker side of blackcurrants: juicy and tart, but with a hint of cat pee. Very interesting indeed.

Sadly the drydown is disappointing: the realistic blackcurrant turns into industrial creme cookie filling made out of chemical blackcurrant essence, bland and boring.

15 November, 2013

TOONS1200's avatar
    TOONS1200

Love this fragrance. Amazing for spring. A fresh leafy green/wine type feel is what I get on my skin. love it.

05 April, 2013

knit at nite's avatar
    knit at nite

This is a neutral review with the thumb climbing ever so slightly up. I was lucky enough to be gifted a sample. This is definitely a scent to clearly illustrate the difference between dab and spray.

Dabbed- I smelled fir balsam, fir balsam, and did I mention fir balsam? A very refined balsam, but I got nothing else. Not very exciting.

Transferred to a atomizer and sprayed: It transformed to crisp Blackcurrent, a little booziness, and finally (you got it), fir balsam.

The effect was a little like drinking a ribena syrup with seltzer, or some fruit wine in a deep forest. I enjoyed it enough to use every drop of the sample but it didn't move me emotionally at all. I would love to smell this on a musky man. I think muskier skin would really amplify the character of the scent.
    Your mileage may vary.

04 April, 2013

hedonist222's avatar
    hedonist222
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

An epic failure.
    Its an anti-Bertrand perfume.

Its a mess.
    Absolutely no complexity. Muddled.
    No smooth rendition between notes & accords.
    Reminds me of when I get stuck in sand when I go off roading. Agonizing.
    Complexity is not an opinion, nor is harmony of transition between top, middle and base. Not all perfumes are intended to be complex, nor should they be. But it's clear when Enchanted Forest was intended to be complex but failed miserably. Then there's the muddled transition.

Don't get me wrong. I love B. Duchafour. Heck I own 15 of his creations.

But iit's like a mangled walrus freeing itself from quicksand. It's not a graceful sight.

01st April, 2013

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

I'm afraid I can't say I'm "enchanted". The fragrance opens with a sort of Kir Royale/winey vibe and boatloads of black currant giving birth to an original accord that while smelling interesting it's far from what I usually like to apply on my skin . Green-ish elements provide nice but not completely successful sweet-and-sour, fruity-fresh facets enhancing, somehow, the sparkling-winey notes. The fragrance then quickly evolves into a woody-resiny oriental which feels a bit formulaic and, in the end, not much intriguing.

I'm a big fan of Duchaufour but I'm afraid I can't compare Enchanted Forest to the huge amont of masterpieces he delivered so far (Mohur, Trayee, Jubilation XXV, several Comme Des Garcons, several L'Artisans...to name only a few). Not bad but far from beng a winner in my book. Sorry.

31st March, 2013