Enchanted Forest (2012)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 21 ratings

Enchanted Forest Fragrance Notes

Enchanted Forest information

Enchanted Forest is a unisex fragrance by The Vagabond Prince. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Enchanted Forest products online

100ml EdP

Reviews of Enchanted Forest

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.

Ceecee474's avatar

While the dry down is okay, the opening gagged me. And the opening lasted quite a while. This is the kind of perfume where you can tell the individual components are high quality, but somehow (at least on my skin) it never really comes together.
    I love the true forest smell....and I hate the true forest smell. This is like a mixture of Christmas wreath and cat piss. We used to have some kind of evergreen in our yard when I was a kid and it always smelled like our cats had been marking it. The opening of Enchanted Forest smells the same to me.
    So I give it points for realism; thus the neutral rating instead of a thumbs down.
    Do not want to smell this way.

10th November, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Enchanted Forest is a Douchaufour's complex (initially) greenish/fruity-sour (really balanced) combination of fruity/boise, woody, herbal aromatic (heady rosemary, coriander and juniper berries) and resinous patterns from the deep dark-green "dreamy" forest. The aroma performs a final semi-oriental resinous twist. The fragrance starts with a "wine/pomegranate-raspberries-blackberries-like" type of (vaguely liquorous) tartness evolving in to a more soothed woody oriental wave rich of nuances (spicy/floral/woody/resinous). You can detect the woodsy resins all around of course and a final mossy animalic (vaguely ambery, more properly vanillic) base which holds on to be influenced by red berries, black currant and dark woods. Actually, while I find the first stage really interesting (with its almost fizzy boise dark fruity approach- so cool and realistic) the following (decidedly warmer, more soapy and somewhat vanillic) evolution sounds pale and banally warmer in a less compelling way (I detect in this phase points of reference with several Douchaufour's appointments for Neela Vermeire for instance). I'd have preferred endly more oakmoss and less resins/balsams. In this dark soapy-spicy final stage several floral sparks provide a more eastern/modern/glamour/synthetic ordinary trail. Anyway an interesting concoction finally missing its initial promising veritable woodsiness.

18th October, 2014

RUDOLFO512's avatar

Enchanted Forest is a very complex fragrance. I love the opening and you can instantly smell the blackcurrant. The dry down is a mild spiciness, on me I can really smell the rosemary and vanilla. It is sweet but powerful enough to get a whiff now and then. Perfect for the Fall and Winter.

26th September, 2014

Allen-on-Holiday's avatar

Enchanted Forest opening is very similar to an old cheapie, Liz Claiborne’s Spark for Men. I loved Spark when it first came out, but soon that honey and rum accord got old, and I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. EF isn’t any different, it smells nice enough at first application, but soon, VERY soon, becomes sickening. Overall, EF smells like rum and chili peppers; heavy, stuffy, choking. Give me some air!

24th July, 2014

Jack Hunter's avatar

On the opening you can smell a very realistic accord of blackberry's & green leaves like your smelling them from a bush in a garden. This smell is underpinned by a candy jelly baby type of scent and it does smell very nice.

As time passes it gets sweeter by the vanilla which is soon joined by patchouli and other notes.

There is no denying that this smells good and I can appreciate it. But this is just not to my taste and I do think it would smell better on a lady.

30th December, 2013

tigrushka's avatar

Finland Finland

I like the opening, there's vegetation, woods, rotten leaves, and all this is crowned with the darker side of blackcurrants: juicy and tart, but with a hint of cat pee. Very interesting indeed.

Sadly the drydown is disappointing: the realistic blackcurrant turns into industrial creme cookie filling made out of chemical blackcurrant essence, bland and boring.

15th November, 2013