Intense Cafe (2013)

Intense Cafe information

Intense Cafe is a unisex fragrance by Montale. The scent was launched in 2013

Shop for Intense Cafe products online

Reviews of Intense Cafe

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

rum's avatar

Greece Greece

I've been trying to get hold of a sample of this scent here in the UK ever since I first heard about this new Montale release and only recently managed to get hold of a sample.

The opening is definitely floral, strong, potentially medicinal and yet this is FINALLY a scent by Montale where oud is not the main focus of the evening. There is meant to be coffee in this scent according to its name, but the coffee is too creamy to describe as 'black coffee' and has too much vanilla to call it anything but a vanilla milk-shake note. It definitely smells of a standard high street coffee chain producing vanilla latte's and sweet pastries, but this is not your classic dark, black coffee.

Now onto the rose. If it is anything near enough to rose, this is a very dirty rose, quite un-feminine I might add and rather badly done. It's definitely there. It blends with the sweetness of the vanilla and the other notes there (perhaps a bit of patchouli), but this is a fragrance that to my note can only be described as organised chaos. The notes do not follow through to each other smoothly, often clashing with each other on the way to total olfactory domination.

One description of this scent was that it smells like Greek Orthodox incense on Easter Sunday, known as 'thymiama'. The description isn't far off, but it isn't quite that to my nose. The incense in question has a much purer rose scent and even though that is burnt on a censer, the smell is much more pleasant.

All in all, Intense Cafe is yet another disappointing scent from Montale, with very little to offer the fragrance world, given that I can get superb rose scents out there (Amouage Homage Attar) and scents with perfect coffee notes (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Eau des Iles & Santal Noble).

14 April, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Sweetish, artificial, musky, kind of nauseating opening, a bit similar to Mugler's Angel. I detect some whiskey notes, and no coffee at all, at any point. It evolves then in a more pleasant flower accord with a light gloomy and dry base, which recalls oud although I don't see it in the notes listed. After just a bit more than one hour, I get a debris of oud-like smell on dark vanilla. Globally I get the intense, I don't get the café, and it's another "no" for Montale to me.

4/10.

04 April, 2014 (Last Edited: 14 June, 2014)

warmlightsunsea's avatar

This is a truly lovely scent – and it really does smell like coffee! It has the potential to be very seductive/interesting on the right person. However, the musk kills it for me.

06 March, 2014

ItalianoVero's avatar

I'd give this one 3.5 to 3.75 stars. I do like it but I'm not sure if it's too gourmand for me. I seem to vacillate quite a bit on this one. I know a lot of people seem find it very pleasant though.

12 February, 2014

1luckyguess's avatar

Belgium Belgium

I love Intense Cafe by Montale. I do have to say that the coffee note is more of a Starbucks coffee than the die hard stuff (But to me that is a good thing ). The coffee is the boss for a few hours on my skin than gives it up to rose, amber, vanille (borderline chocolate vibe) but than the coffee note apears again more in front and than back to the background ... and so it plays around on my skin. To me this fragrance has beautifull depth and keeps me interested. It last all day long and it projects with only 2-3 sprays average towards great (I will probably going to overspray it in time so it will be beast ). Intense cafe is very sexy, sensual and comforting all at the same time and dirty enough for me (because I am not a lovely dovey fragrance girly girl). To me/on me Intense Cafe is a work of art but never go just on a review always test a fragrance on your own skin.

13 January, 2014

noideawhatimsaying's avatar

A generous 3.5 stars here.

It's almost like they took Chocolate Greedy, added sludge, and made it darker - I simply don't get it.

Pros: Strong, thick smell
    Cons: A scent I don't care for."

23 August, 2013

MONTALE INTENSE CAFE 100ML NEW IN BOX 85 SPECIES RANGE
    • Time Left: 19 days
    (* converted from GBP 79.99) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Azerbaijan)
    Montale Intense Cafe 20 ml, Travel size.
    • Listing Type: eBay Store