Intense Cafe (2013)

Intense Cafe information

Year of Launch2013

HouseMontale

About Intense Cafe

Intense Cafe is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2013

Intense Cafe fragrance notes

Reviews of Intense Cafe

I really like bitter coffee's smell in fragrances. considering the name, I said OK, Intense coffee along with rose? if coffee is the dominating note as the name says and rose is more as a supporting note that shouldn't be a problem because I hate rose! but the truth about this fragrance is something else. a fragrance based and dominated completely by sweet rose is what you will get out of this fragrance.

The opening is a sweet vanilla scent mixed with rose and a little fresh floral notes and noticeable amount of patchouli that gives the scent a damp and a little pungent aroma. where is coffee here? you tell me! it's a completely feminine scent. nothing masculine at all. not even one percent!

As time passes I'm getting exactly the same smell. sweet vanilla and rose and some patchouli and this is where coffee shows up. a weak and completely in the background coffee note that gives the scent slightly bitter aroma but it doesn't have a chance against vanilla and rose. the scent is still quite feminine to my nose.

Projection is strong as always and longevity is around 7-8 hours on my skin. it's a good scent for ladies that like rose in their fragrance but guys ...... STAY AWAY!
17th March, 2015
powerful concoction which should have been named "biscottino" or "chocolate chip cooky", powerhouse of a gourmand, is actually an oddball more on the masculine side..Ladies swoon over it!
21st November, 2014
I've been trying to get hold of a sample of this scent here in the UK ever since I first heard about this new Montale release and only recently managed to get hold of a sample.

The opening is definitely floral, strong, potentially medicinal and yet this is FINALLY a scent by Montale where oud is not the main focus of the evening. There is meant to be coffee in this scent according to its name, but the coffee is too creamy to describe as 'black coffee' and has too much vanilla to call it anything but a vanilla milk-shake note. It definitely smells of a standard high street coffee chain producing vanilla latte's and sweet pastries, but this is not your classic dark, black coffee.

Now onto the rose. If it is anything near enough to rose, this is a very dirty rose, quite un-feminine I might add and rather badly done. It's definitely there. It blends with the sweetness of the vanilla and the other notes there (perhaps a bit of patchouli), but this is a fragrance that to my note can only be described as organised chaos. The notes do not follow through to each other smoothly, often clashing with each other on the way to total olfactory domination.

One description of this scent was that it smells like Greek Orthodox incense on Easter Sunday, known as 'thymiama'. The description isn't far off, but it isn't quite that to my nose. The incense in question has a much purer rose scent and even though that is burnt on a censer, the smell is much more pleasant.

All in all, Intense Cafe is yet another disappointing scent from Montale, with very little to offer the fragrance world, given that I can get superb rose scents out there (Amouage Homage Attar) and scents with perfect coffee notes (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Eau des Iles & Santal Noble).
14th April, 2014
Sweetish, artificial, musky, kind of nauseating opening, a bit similar to Mugler's Angel. I detect some whiskey notes, and no coffee at all, at any point. It evolves then in a more pleasant flower accord with a light gloomy and dry base, which recalls oud although I don't see it in the notes listed. After just a bit more than one hour, I get a debris of oud-like smell on dark vanilla. Globally I get the intense, I don't get the café, and it's another "no" for Montale to me.

4/10.
04th April, 2014 (last edited: 14th June, 2014)
This is a truly lovely scent – and it really does smell like coffee! It has the potential to be very seductive/interesting on the right person. However, the musk kills it for me.
06th March, 2014
I'd give this one 3.5 to 3.75 stars. I do like it but I'm not sure if it's too gourmand for me. I seem to vacillate quite a bit on this one. I know a lot of people seem find it very pleasant though.
12th February, 2014

Add your review of Intense Cafe

Shop for Intense Cafe products online

Shop for Intense Cafe at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Intense Cafe

Member images of Intense Cafe

There are no member images of Intense Cafe yet. Why not be the first?