Aoud Cafe (2013)

Aoud Cafe information

Year of Launch2013

HouseMancera

About Aoud Cafe

Aoud Cafe is a shared / unisex perfume by Mancera. The scent was launched in 2013

Aoud Cafe fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud Cafe

I don’t get much coffee in here honestly, but I do appreciate the fact Aoud Cafè is not a sweetish, cloying Starbucks-like artificial coffee bomb like most of (allegedly) coffee-based scents. I smell something vaguely reminiscent of dry, roasted coffee beans, actually a more generic sort of earthy-roasted note quite salty, synthetic and musky, somehow ambery and somehow woody, with a hint of dark and sweet licorice feel (I guess the blackcurrant with something else creates that feeling), and a load of Iso E. Overall, this accord feels like an attempt to build that coffee note: it doesn’t really succeed in my opinion, but it smells nice. The same for oud, which I don’t really get, not even the usual Montale’s “synthetic oud”: just a dry, artificial woody note closer to birch wood. Anyway despite being quite far from its name, I can’t say Aoud Cafè smells bad: oddly enough, and perhaps involuntarily, it shows an unexpected and pleasant sort of “contemporary synthetic blackness”, this meaning a kind of “urban-modern” refinement à la Comme des Garçons Black and that type of scents; the notes are a bit different (more salt here, and also something more flowery), but somehow I thought of that. It has a nice, clean, solid and polished smoky-dark gloominess with a nice hint of colorful grace (the floral note), which is quite pleasant to wear. I bet that re-labeled with some nonsense name under one of those whatever trendy-avantgarde brands (like nu_be’s and that segment of niche) it would be more appreciated.

6,5/10
31st December, 2014
Pretty good gourmand. If you like the coffee vibe, then this is pefect for you. I'm not big on coffee vibe fragrances, so I gave this a neutral rating. 7/10
12th March, 2014
vawallpa Show all reviews
Definitely smells of a coffee shop. A truly unique fragrance :)
01st March, 2014
AC reminds me of Espresso Shot, rich & dark aroma. It has the best coffee note I have ever smelt, almost like the smell of fresh ground coffee.
29th December, 2013

Add your review of Aoud Cafe

Shop for Aoud Cafe products online

Search Amazon for Aoud Cafe

Member images of Aoud Cafe

There are no member images of Aoud Cafe yet. Why not be the first?