Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle (2013)
by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle information

Year of Launch2013

HouseEditions de Parfums Frederic Malle
PerfumerBruno Jovanovic
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle is a shared / unisex perfume by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bruno Jovanovic

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle fragrance notes

Reviews of Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle

How gorgeous!

Citrus, pear, vanilla, balm, spices. Love at first sniff! Longevity is great. Sillage is average. I need a full bottle already!
29th April, 2017
Vanilla pods and saffron steeped in milk, wafer biscuits, rice pudding, eggnog, zabaglione - all these could be positive associations, especially for lovers of lactonic gourmands. It's possible that some people might even want to actually smell like one of the above custardy confections (although I'm not one of them).
Much less do I want my wrists smelling of a baby's breath when it's just finished breastfeeding.

DVN does have an accord of skin at times - there's saffron and a faint rubbery note in common with L'AP Skin On Skin and a furriness that's also present in Dzing! These are, once more, positive associations.

But then there it is again - milk-sweet babybreath, except this time the baby's on the changing mat with a damp diaper.

I'll be the one in the shower.
M.Malle, you disappoint me.
26th April, 2017
Galanthus Show all reviews
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Skins in Rotterdam offered me a sample of Dries van Noten par Frederic Malle. I didn't like it at all, reminds me too much of beer since i am not a huge fan of it i wouldn't buy a fragrance that smells that way. I am quite sure that more people will agree with me on this one. Pretty expensive niche fragrance from Dries van Noten glad that i only got a sample of it. Because smelling like beer is IMHO not so sexy.
24th February, 2017
So tonight I tried Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle. I applied one full spray to my left hand and the inside of my left elbow. I'm telling you that I almost scrubbed it off, lol. Big alcohol & citrus on the open, mainly lemon to my nose and then shortly after get some of the saffron and Jasmine popping through. I know there is Musk in there too, and the mix gave me a barnyard smell. It was here that I was so tempted to scrub it, but after 30 min or so I got more musk and jasmine and it's much more tolerable almost creamy smelling, but not great...just more tolerable.

I've been enjoying musk fragrances for a few weeks now, but this one is completely different. Not a sharp animalic musk, but softer which I'm assuming is due to the jasmine and Santal mysore popping through after about an hour. Says there's vanilla but I'm not getting much of it yet and I'm about an hour in. Okay, I walked away from the computer for about 40 minutes and I must say that I'm getting much more vanilla and the musk is still going strong, and I'm really digging it, and I find it far less if at all creamy, which I didn't really care for. The wife, well...she hates it, no surprise there. I'm curious as to how long the musk will hang around? I'll report back later in the evening or tomorrow on the longevity of the musk and the overall fragrance.

If I were to buy a bottle of this, I'd not leave the house until this fragrance hits it mid note stride. All in all I'm not sure if this is full bottle worthy...maybe a decant so that I can spend some more time with it, but I'm glad I didn't scrub it off. As far as projection, a little goes a long way, so be careful. I'll report back on longevity tomorrow, as I said earlier.

EDIT: Over a month has passed and I've completely squeezed every drop of juice from my FM sample of Dries Van Noten. I have fallen for this fragrance since my initial assessment of it. So much so, that a 100ml bottle of it arrives at my home tomorrow. What's changed, you ask? The alcohol that I detected in the open must have been a fluke that helped to taint my enjoyment of the opening, now I just get the citrus, saffron and a touch of jasmine. The initial creaminess of this juice was off putting at first, but now I quite enjoy it. I'm also getting more sandalwood in the base and throw in the hints of musk and the warm vanilla, well I love it. Changing my rating to "Thumbs Up", but I'd certainly recommend sampling this before buying.
15th April, 2016 (last edited: 10th June, 2016)
Soft-in-the-head woody that could have done with a bit of slapping into shape. The premise is of a soft, sweet, creamy wood scent – and Dries van Noten delivers on that account. But proper sandalwood was also promised and if there’s any in here it is smothered under a big dump of tonka and vanilla, and those gusts of woody musks that keep going woo-woo around this composition.
Otherwise, it is on one’s first impressions quite an appealing mix of light spicing (nutmeg mainly), a rich boozy tonka and gourmand vanilla, and woods. It has the feel of a CDG woody put through a soft-focus filter. Somehow its attempted cosiness seems more appropriate for a stuffed toy than for me.
But when it has settled into its dense sweet base where those woody musks seem to be all the action to be had, it gets intensely monotonous.
18th March, 2016
When visiting the Barney's in SF I described some of my favourite scents to a salesperson in their fragrance department and he steered me towards Frederick Malle.

This one has all the notes I love, and on first spray I loved it so much that I bought it right away. I should have waited a day because the drydown just makes me nauseous. There's something about the creamy note that just becomes so cloyingly sweet that I feel like I need to shower it off a few hours into wearing it. Such a shame, because I love how it smells after first applying, but all the sweet notes just get stronger and it loses it's complexity.
22nd February, 2016

Add your review of Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle

Shop for Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle products online

Search Amazon for Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle

Member images of Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle

There are no member images of Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle yet. Why not be the first?