Fetish pour Homme (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseRoja Dove
PerfumerRoja Dove

About Fetish pour Homme

Fetish pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Roja Dove

Fetish pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Fetish pour Homme

Men's scents owe a lot to the iconic and legendary Bel Ami by Hermes. For many of us the benchmark leather scent, it is one I have come to love and think of as something as close as possible to a signature scent as a frag-head can get to.

Fetish by Roja Dove fails to impress on originality right away. Its opening notes are a relatively good interpretation of that original smoky-leather-chypre called Bel Ami that we all know and love. I for one wouldn't be able to distinguish the two early on in a side-by-side comparison.

The similarities unfortunately end there. The heart contains bucket loads of cypriol - perhaps Roja Dove's scent DNA - which makes the scent reminiscent of moth-balls. By the dry down, the smooth and crisp vetiver note joins the party and the curtain draws to a close. There is sadly no encore.

There is a well-known obsession among niche perfumers recently to rip-off classic scents and this reeks of a lack of originality. Uninspired is an understatement. What else could they do? Roja has intentionally borrowed the top from Bel Ami and then made a complete hash of the rest. Surely if you're going to make a copy, you should do it right? Or improve it at the very least?

I am surprised a house that is obsessed with bling is able to create a fragrance with such a bland and uninspiring heart and dry down. With this level of cypriol, it makes me wonder who Roja thinks he's kidding.

The current edition of Bel Ami should be in every man's wardrobe and costs a fraction of Fetish. Fetish (and it's not too distant cousin Puredistance M) are redundant in this sense and all fragrance enthusiasts, including any millionaire readers, should steer clear of this one.
10th April, 2019
Splendid woody-citrus-leather creation from Roja Dove!!

Man, this thing is rich and lasts eons on my skin! Comparisons to Puredistance's M scent is on point, though Fetish pour Homme smells more prestigious and high-brow with its fine ingredients.

Gorgeous citrus opening goes quickly into a great mix of fig and florals plus spices, consumed by an addictive leather-musk heart that dominates this EdP. The leather is so lovely, and elements like rockrose, cinnamon, oakmoss, and other aromatic notes accent its solid presence in an almost purposeful way. And the resins deliver additional depth and darkness overall. There's no mistaking this for anything but a masculine fragrance!

Thick scent on the skin that exudes class all around. Excellent performance and memorable trail from yet another forebodingly attractive creation by Roja Dove! :-)
07th January, 2019
Been playing with this for about a year now and it's the only scent I've ever tried from this house. Longevity is nuclear, I sometimes smell this on my skin two days and two showers after applying it.

RD is not necessarily known for this as far as I can tell but one thing that blows me away about this scent is how natural this smells. I guess this is a tart citrus scent dirtied up with spices as it goes on in a way that emulates a sweaty, animalic leather? Paradoxically, this is one of the cleanest scents in my collection that I would reach for on bright, hot day. It doesn't say night time adventures to me as much as it says "summer at the beach."

Perhaps its that dirtied up lemon-lime grounded in castoreum and ambergris that makes me feel like this is the perfect way to smell on a day trip to Fire Island or Venice - or even walking down the boardwalk in Brighton. Fetish pour Homme does what a lot of those powerhouses of yesteryear from Drakkar to Azzaro and all the rest in between were attempting to do - but it is playful and parodies the chest-beating masculinity of 70's and 80's male scents, all the while taking a turn for the sublime instead of wallowing in cliche. Seems like it's all been done right here by the master with a wink, a little sleight of hand and a delicate twist of the wrist. Stirred, not shaken. Nice job.
06th June, 2018
Resins. I like me some resins.

When I glimpse opinions on BelAmi, Puredistance M, Moschino pH, and Fetish pH (parfum) I always look to see if similarities among and between are noted for I like 'em all and definitely sense overlap.

Spice, leather, moss, amber, with resinous feel.

Moschino is closest to Fetish is closest to M is closest to BelAmi. This grouping is the absolute pinnacle. Sublime.
26th November, 2017
Fetish could be a prototype for oriental style leather fragrance that is bold, masculine, dry spice, cognac booze and castoreum. This leather has a rich flourish to it that requires testing before purchase, but I have not tried a finer example of leather fragrance of this particular type, anywhere. Other reviewers have well described the details of its development, so I will not try to recreate what is already laid to bare.

Fetish edp is very similar to the smell of M by Puredistance which to my nose has slightly more oriental opulent quality than Fetish which is the more "down to earth" of these two Roja Dove creations. The leather aspects to both fragrances are almost identical, which has kept me from jumping to purchase a bottle as I already have M, and don't need a clone. Fetish is a leather I might associate with royalty - more french in style than others. I rate Fetish EDP: 8/10. There is a stronger Parfum Fetish version available and I hope to try it soon.
31st December, 2016
Masculine, spicy and borderline sweaty. Yikes! Monsieur Roja, what's up with that? It smells like the odorous armpits of the playground bully who caught you in a headlock all those years ago! Fetish, huh? Think about it..

I'm exaggerating, of course. It's not all that unpleasant to my nose but it borrows heavily from the 'macho' colognes of the last century with its herbal-spicy-leathery facets. Like something Charles Bronson would wear before he goes about his day breaking heads and kicking arses.

If that particular image appeals to you, be my guest and get yourself a bottle. But don't go looking for me when that credit card bill shows up in your mailbox.
14th March, 2016