Dior Homme Sport (2012) (2012)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Sport (2012) information

Year of Launch2012

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Sport (2012)

Dior Homme Sport (2012) is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy.

The fragrance is a relaunched version of the 2008 fragrance of the same name.

Dior Homme Sport (2012) fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme Sport (2012)

Lemony with a little spice and something kind of "greasy"? The great iris note is there throughout giving it the Dior Homme DNA, making it feel refined and classy but I keep getting hints of something just slightly unpleasant like I was in a restaurant earlier in the day that fries food. I know that sounds crazy but that's what it reminds me of.

Linear throughout. Average projection. Casual or office, should be good in closed spaces. I get longevity that lasts all work day.
05th March, 2018
Ginger winds blow through
Citrus powder-covered trees
In Dior's snow-cube.
22nd June, 2017
This isn't all it's cracked out to be. Granted it smells nice.. performance is very very poor. I have much better "Sport" fragrances in my wardrobe. This one literally has to be reapplied every 2 hours, as I only get 2 hours on my skin. Yes this is DHS 2012, from an authentic dealer.

I suspect the overwhelming support is from Dior brand enthusiasts. I would probably not recommend this to anybody, because it lacks so much in performance. Smells great though.

Shame.
17th May, 2017
A great feel-good scent from Christian Dior. Dior Homme Sport retains a slight bit of the oriental character of the original Dior Homme, with a freshness and spice that makes it a great scent to wear at any time or occasion. It has the wonderful iris and cedar notes that are present in Dior Homme Eau, a big favorite of mine.

I see Dior Homme Sport as being midway between the sweetness of Dior Homme and the vetiver greenness of the other great flanker, Dior Homme Cologne, kissed with the cleanness of Dior Homme Eau. Yet, this fragrance definitely has its own solid character and is decently in line with the others.

11th February, 2017
I have to state that among my vast collection of colognes this is my favorite for everyday wear. I of course love YSL Nuit, Dior Homme, Sycomore, etc, but this scent just makes me feel better when I'm wearing it. It's sporty but at the same time interesting. Dior has had some misses recently (Sauvage anyone) but this flanker has impressed me at least.
21st January, 2017
I have to first start by saying that I will do my best to stay neutral when reviewing this fragrance because in my personal opinion it is one of Diors best including their higher end line and that is saying quite a lot.

Dior Homme Sport unfortunately had to bear the name "Sport" but in actuality this is far from a sports fragrance. This is too good to wear doing strenuous activity. Maybe adding the word "Sport" was a DIOR inside joke. Like saying "DIOR DOESN'T PLAY". But no...I know they just wanted to capitalize off the "SPORT" craze at the time of the release.

DHS is elegant while playful, interesting while having wide appeal, and is a fresh scent that can be worn in any season. What blows my mind about this is the way DIOR took HOMME and made it more versatile and youthful. While you could wear DH in warmer weather it lacked freshness which the ginger and citron add to DHS in spades. This is the real answer to BLEU DE in my opinion. I can't see Sauvage over this.

While I like the smells of EAU and COLOGNE i can't understand why Dior would create an Homme flanker that competes with DHS. They are very redundant if you own DHS and DHS is arguably the superior fragrance of the trio. It's also the most interesting of the three to my nose as well.

DHS's only downside is it's performance. It lasts 5 hours on my skin which I hate. If it lasted 8 hours I would love it more than DHI which is my favorite of the Homme line because it's a more versatile fragrance. One may question wearing it during the winter but its a great indoor scent to wear and in the cold most of us are indoors a lot anyway. And well hey, any serious frag head owns empty atomizers and the smell of this is worth the chore of decanting and reapplying it. If they did an intense version of this I'd probably do flips tho...

There is a place for light scents too and DHS fills all those occasions for me. It really works when you want to wear multiple scents in one day. While its highly loved and known within the fragrance community its very overlooked by the broader public. I get more compliments wearing DHS than any other from the HOMME line. Women for some reason aren't as fond of DH and DHI on us as much as so many of us are but DHS receives a lot of love from the opposite sex in my experience when it's noticed.

Simply Put: A versatile top shelf smell which will go fast in a smaller collection. To me the smell of DHS is worth its small inconveniences but others may not agree.

8.5/10- Would be a perfect fragrance if it performed...but that smell tho...
27th April, 2016

Add your review of Dior Homme Sport (2012)

Shop for Dior Homme Sport (2012) products online

Search Amazon for Dior Homme Sport (2012)

Member images of Dior Homme Sport (2012)

There are no member images of Dior Homme Sport (2012) yet. Why not be the first?