Perfume Calligraphy Rose (2013)
by Aramis

Perfume Calligraphy Rose information

Year of Launch2013

HouseAramis
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Perfume Calligraphy Rose

Perfume Calligraphy Rose is a shared / unisex perfume by Aramis. The scent was launched in 2013

Perfume Calligraphy Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Perfume Calligraphy Rose

Aramis’ Calligraphy Rose… interesting opening: part synthetic oud, part saffron, part mutated oregano, part floral-sweet honeysuckle… it would be intriguing if it lasted longer, but it’s gone quite quickly. The oud and saffron were merely the surface frosting over a somewhat dense heart platform of rose absolute, myrrh, Styrax, and a dark lavender. This opening / heart are very different from about everything else I’ve experienced in fragrances. There’s rose there, but it’s at all flowery – it’s a dark red, almost-visceral rose. The heart’s myrrh and Styrax each join in with their individual throaty, vibrations. And the lavender is medicinal. For its depth, this accord sits quietly on the skin. I find it a remarkable accord…

The base, dominated by labdanum and incense, quietly continues the primary rose accord; and the resinousness becomes more apparent. The base introduces a touch of truer sweetness with a diminutive dusty amber – but the accord does not come across on my skin as much as I would like. The base could stand to last a bit stronger, but it does hold as a skin scent for a decent length of time.
I really like Calligraphy Rose.
22nd December, 2016
This is what you wear on the coldest nights out. This is what you wear to a formal event. This is how a you want to smell on date night. So you were told that men can't wear a rose based scent or that rose fragrances smell like little old ladies. So wrong. Sophisticated and regal. This one doesn't have to try hard to impress, it just does. You can easily get this for a song on one of the discount sites. Compared to....Rose Flash- it's kinda like comparing your Audi to a Mercedes. Which is what this is- an Audi. Not over the top, safe and does everything well without yelling that you're in the building. I'm so glad that the fall is here so I can get this on my skin. Great juice.
12th October, 2016
Sweet Rose & Myrrh...

What a performance! This fragrance opens with a bang of sweet, jammy rose surrounded by myrrh and amber and frankincense, with a big hit of saffron.

It reminds me a lot of the original Aramis - Perfume Calligraphy but with the oud turned down and the rose turned up. I personally don't really get any oud wood in this but the rose is full and sweet and juicy, albeit surrounded and supported by an ambery, honey-like vibe.

The fragrance feels syrupy, like rosewater used in a dessert. Ambergris, labdanum and musk linger in the dry-down, and the sweetness of the opening turns dark, muted and resinous towards the end.

I think this is one which, if you are a rose lover, you will adore. I find the opening a little sweet to my taste, but that comes from the myrrh, which is prominent throughout. I get a syrupy jam feeling with the rose but the incense and resins give it depth the more it stays on skin.

Try this out if you love rose style fragrances and Oriental/Arabian style perfumes done right. I highly recommend the Aramis Calligraphy range, especially as value for price. I like this syrupy rose!
15th September, 2016
Dr. Z. Show all reviews
Greetings

I'm a huge rose fan with quite a few "rose" fragrances.
Some have It mingled with some woods... some patchouli.. musk.
Some are slightly more masculine and some (most) aren't.
I'd have more but apparently it's become trendy to release a "rose" fragrance that smells like Pine sol. My point is- I love rose.

My wife's name is Rose (actually it's Michelle).

Read these reviews.
Most are spot on.
I'm only going to add one thing. On my skin this fragrance is far from linear:

To my nose, I get an initial whiff of a pale rose that has help from some spicy-saffron lending some tanginess to it- a molecule or two of Oudh cannot be ruled out.
A dusty Oudh.
A Turkish (mostly) rose- "sharp-ish" and resinous at the same time yielding a well balanced blend as it progresses.
This rose has some help, however the intrusion by the spice/ saffron (et al) here is not overshadowing and the base pulls it all together quite nicely.

"Rosita" is a queen and she's Oriental.

It more or less goes right on grooving in this manner ( a bit tamer) but somewhere it begins to "morph"- several factors play into the "when" but on my skin, eventually it does.

However, when the "cocoon" opens (usually in 2-3 hours) and the "butterfly" slowly emerges , I'm plagued by some over active limbic emotions, so the eb & flow required to clinch this review, gets a bit daunting.

An innate flaw. Nevertheless , the show must go on.

At the 4 hour mark it continues to sweeten up as more nuances in the base (Aramis kept this from being a potential catastrophe by adding the perfect base notes) emerge.
I'm perceiving notes that I wouldn't have prophesied, based on the initial aromatic presentation - almost as if I had scrubbed off the first fragrance and applied another. A frag that's sweeter and more powdery with that dusty Oudh still hanging around.
I can't list all the notes that emerge but lavender and amber are among the more detectable ...at least to my nose.

Still...in spite of all this mumbling the rose is still at center stage.

Still... it's projecting, albeit less.

Still... I'm elated & constantly barraged by that happy feeling that one gets when one knows they've scored.

I really like this gem.
Add the fact that it's $38 on line... there's still hope!!!
I would say this is unisex and suited more for evening wear.

All things related to performance are above average as it's been 9/10 hours since the initial application.
However, for Rosita, the time has come that she must pass on.
But she won't lay in a coffin. Instead she gradually disappears beyond the horizon.

Thankfully, this horizon is sitting in a nice box where she's enjoying a perfectly controlled climate.

-have back up bottle... will travel.

8.75/10

Ciao

PS now that I look at the bottle.. It does resemble a coffin ;)
05th September, 2016
A sweet, jammy, Turkish Delight of a rose, this smells very much like Lush's cult limited edition Rose Jam shower gel, laid over an ambery, woody base. I get this effect much more clearly by sniffing my arm from a foot or more away, though. Sniffing up close, for the first three hours, I get a kind of "off" note; perhaps this is the saffron and/or the myrrh, as I'm still not sure what these smell like. After this, it softens into a fuzzy, musky rose, & six hours in I get a little incense in the base. Eight hours in it's still going as a skin scent.
All in all, very nice, if not hugely long-lasting, & if you love Rose Jam, you have to try this.
31st May, 2016
Turkish delight in a bottle. Thick and syrupy. I can see why it has its fans but from my point of view it is a bit too straightforward and it is crying out for another dimension. The Turkish rose absolute and supporting sweet notes dominate so for men like me who are weary of rose, this will automatically be a no. I will stick to my Lyric Man and Rose 31. Packaging is ho-hum.
26th May, 2016

Add your review of Perfume Calligraphy Rose

Shop for Perfume Calligraphy Rose products online

Search Amazon for Perfume Calligraphy Rose

Member images of Perfume Calligraphy Rose

There are no member images of Perfume Calligraphy Rose yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Perfume Calligraphy Rose