Le Speculoos
by L'Antichambre

Le Speculoos information

HouseL'Antichambre

About Le Speculoos

Le Speculoos is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Antichambre.

Reviews of Le Speculoos

There is one review of Le Speculoos.
drseid Show all reviews
Le Speculoos opens with a very natural smelling light cinnamon spiced melted butter accord. The gently spiced butter remains into the heart, as it is joined by relatively sweet nutmeg and clove-laced vanilla that grows in strength as the scent develops. The vanilla is more of the extract slightly boozy variety and not powdery at all. As the fragrance reaches the late dry-down the spice and butter all but fade away, leaving the vanilla in a heavily subdued solo state. In general the scent is very linear in its progression from start to finish. Projection is below average and longevity is average to slightly above average at 8-10 hours on skin.

Le Speculoos is supposed to mimic the fragrance of Belgian Speculoos cookies. I confess I have never smelled or even heard of them before, so I have no idea if the fragrance succeeds at its goal. What I *can* say is that if the cookies smell anything like Le Speculoos, I will make it my life's goal to track them down and get my hands on some because they must smell (and I dare say taste) absolutely heavenly. The spiced hot butter opening of the scent is the best part as it almost reminds me of hot buttered rum. I usually dislike gourmands with a passion, but that open already had me hooked from the get-go and the high quality mildly spiced vanilla used here sealed the deal. If I had any minor gripe with Le Speculoos, it would be while the smell is absolutely delicious, I am not quite sure it is something I would want to wear all day. This is more the kind of fragrance a high-end bakery should use to make sure people salivate over the smell of their fine goods, clinching the sale. Versatility aside, there is no doubt in my mind that Le Speculoos should top the sampling list of just about any gourmand fragrance lover, earning a strong 4 star out of 5 "excellent" rating. With Le Speculoos, I finally have a relatively sweet gourmand I can recommend without reservation!
15th April, 2013

Add your review of Le Speculoos

Shop for Le Speculoos products online

Search Amazon for Le Speculoos

Member images of Le Speculoos

There are no member images of Le Speculoos yet. Why not be the first?