Sexy Amber (2013)

PerfumerHarry Fremont
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Sexy Amber

Sexy Amber is a feminine perfume by Michael Kors. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

Sexy Amber fragrance notes

Reviews of Sexy Amber

Amber with a bit too much aldehyde for my liking.
05th November, 2016
Rich with amber and heavy, this is very unusual and can be unisex in my opinion. This could be the lighter version of Chanel No.5 (in my opinion) with less bitter and powdery notes. The amber is predominate at first, then the white flower kicks in then it becomes a warm and cozy scent with a hint of sandalwood on the background. The scent is quite classic in my opinion, yet beautiful and seductively sultry in some way. I can see how some may not like this but my chemistry works beautifully with this fragrance.

To be honest it wasn't love at first sight for me. I received a free miniature when I bought a full bottle of MK Glam Jasmine. Perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me as I've smelt too many perfume on the day I bought Glam Jasmine.

My love for Sexy Amber grew when I put it on right after shower one day. And after that I am just hooked entirely! I'll get a full bottle for sure one day!

I can't wear this all the time. it's perfect for an evening wear but you can also get away with it for daily wear. It makes me feel sophisticated, elegant and attractive!
08th January, 2016
Michael Kors Sexy Amber is a soapy/cosmetical honeyed lipstick type of amber dominant aroma with a touch of opening bergamot, orange blossoms (I suppose), a wet/herbal/rooty/waxy-honeyed central core, faint undiscerned floral notes (mostly rose, mimosa and jasmine I guess), a stout earthy patchouli and a soapy dry down mastered by powdery woods and resinous myrrh in my humble opinion. The aroma is powerfully ambery since the beginning, radiant, projecting a sort of toilette type of "feminine Victorian balminess" and kind of dense, vanillic and balmy/neutral (I mean mastered by a typically cosmetic-cremy, rosey, "hand foam-type" approach). I detect points of connection with the Dior Addict's resinous radiancy but Sexy Amber is less sweet and more properly honeyed/chypre (old school) in structure. The floral notes rise up marvellously as sophisticated undertone supported by patchouli and kind of a green spicy and earthy background. Sexy Amber is sensual and visceral in spite of its (in the average) synthetic approach and elicits an undeniable level of chypre old-school elegance re-interpreted in a modern/chic, finally sweeter, less satisfactory way. A pleasant glamour new generation amber.
P.S= I detect till the end an herbal/dry spicy/hesperidic/rooty undertone (with a persistent patchouli throughout) which renders this juice perfectly unisex in my humble opinion.
02nd October, 2014
Michael Kors - Sexy Amber
A very averse perfume with a sharp fantasy flowery start - heavily aldehyde-overdosed, that ends in a sharp synthetic 'liquid' gourmand/amberous-way with a dreadful 'high-pitched' sweet tonality and a nasty, chemical warfare cloud-like radiation. Definitely not sexy, more like Slutty Amber...
08th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Generic amber

An amber it is from the start, generic with a nonspecifically flowery background note; it attempts a sandalwood drydown with limited success. Silage and projection are, however, not bad, and the longevity quite decent with four hours on my skin. Very predictably unexciting - maybe that's the sexy bit?

19th October, 2013

Add your review of Sexy Amber

Shop for Sexy Amber products online

Search Amazon for Sexy Amber

Member images of Sexy Amber

There are no member images of Sexy Amber yet. Why not be the first?