L.12.12 Noir / Black (2013)
by Lacoste

L.12.12 Noir / Black information

Year of Launch2013

HouseLacoste
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About L.12.12 Noir / Black

L.12.12 is the name of Lacoste's original polo shirt, and in 2011 the company launched three fragrances inspired by the shirt: Blanc (White), Vert (Green) and Bleu (Blue).  Rouge (red) arrived in 2012 and in 2013, Lacoste added a Noir (black) edition to the range.

Reviews of L.12.12 Noir / Black

Kaern Show all reviews
A birthday present -- ouch, but bless them!

Actually I have the 'Intense' version which isn't yet listed here. This is neither 'noir' or 'intense' though.

I don't like any Lacoste fragrances -- they seem to mirror their rather tacky clothing -- all show but dubious quality -- a bit like Boss.

This fragrance -- well it's a sort of 'generic guy' fruity, woody, sweetish one.

However, like F by Ferragamo others seem to like it on me more than I do.

It's not a bad fragrance per se and the smell isn't unpleasant -- it's also not a rasping, harsh, nose-tickler like others of this ilk.

Very long smooth drydown elevates this one but I still haven't decided whether to wear in public yet -- I probably will.
11th January, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A fruity start - I get the melon impression with a drydown that turns floral and ends in a patchouli with leather. Not bad overall but very synthetic-generic and suite middle-of-the-road.

The performace is nonetheless acceptable with side rate sillage, adequate projection and five hour of longevity. Versatile but on the dull side.
08th November, 2015
In my collection of about 300 bottles I have many classic colognes from the past, and this new fougere reminds me of many legendary men's fragrances at once. Fancy official notes aside, this smells like a modern take on the idea of classic men's fougere - that's why it "feels both familiar and safe", as people often write in their reviews of L.12.12 Noir / Black. Try it without prejudice, it's actually better than many other current releases. Longevity? Depends on skin, I guess, as my sample performed quite well in this regard.
21st August, 2015
Salutation.

Another popular scent by LACOSTE.First when i saw the bottle,i expected a dark and heavy scent but when i tried it,i found that the bottle is absolutely deceptive. An inoffensive scent in a dark bottle!what a paradox! Soft,Simple, Pleasant,Modern,Youngish and Aromatic.

L.12.12 noir has a blend of watermelon and aromatic notes with a subtle yummy undertones like dark chocolate, cashmere and patchouli to make a scent that is not bad at all.the If the white has better opening than this one,the dry down noir is better for me.

I recommend that you wear it in bed,as it has that slightly cool, slightly warm feel of a just worn white cotton T-shirt which drives young girls crazy. suitable for any time.Ideal for a modern character(20/30 years old).easy to wear. Totally the white and then this one are my favorites in the L.12.12 collection.

Sillage&Longevity?Average.

6.5/10
02nd June, 2015

“Not sure about this one,” is a good way to begin a review of Lacoste Noir. I kinda like this and I kinda don’t. I don’t get clearly defined notes, I get a sort of watermelon note and a sort of lavender note… I get something like chocolate and a definite coumarin. I’m not at all sure about the patchouli; I get no verbena, or basil. What notes I perceive have something in common – their tendency to be rather synthetic, but the synthetics are not disagreeable.

L.12.12 Noir is a bit of an enigma to me. I can’t place it in any kind of logical pattern or design or purpose, unless it was meant to be everything for everyone of a certain age (but certainly not mine!). I don’t find much to like about it, but then I have no inclination to rail about how bad it is, either – because it certainly isn’t bad. Guess I have to go neutral… moderate sillage and OK longevity.
10th March, 2015
Watermelon? Cocoa?? Where??

First and foremost.. this is a copy more or less of Cool Water Game, another fragrance I can't stand. Game is a synthetic watermelon/patchouli fragrance, a bad combination in my opinion, but hey, some people must like it. Noir is the same, only the watermelon note doesn't last as long, and there's no patchouli in the dry down, rather leather. Patchouli is listed in the base, but I don't get it at all.

What I get here is cheap watermelon/apple opening, that disappears quite quickly. It becomes more lavender, with a soapy/slightly herbal/slightly floral vibe, before a hefty dose of leather takes over from the middle to the end. Leather is nice, but not with cheap fruity notes.. not my thing. There's too much of a contrast here with the notes, they don't mix well.

I just don't like it.. but maybe you will.
01st April, 2014

Add your review of L.12.12 Noir / Black

Shop for L.12.12 Noir / Black products online

Shop for L.12.12 Noir / Black at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L.12.12 Noir / Black

Member images of L.12.12 Noir / Black

There are no member images of L.12.12 Noir / Black yet. Why not be the first?