L.12.12 Noir / Black (2013)
by Lacoste

L.12.12 Noir / Black information

Year of Launch2013

HouseLacoste
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About L.12.12 Noir / Black

L.12.12 is the name of Lacoste's original polo shirt, and in 2011 the company launched three fragrances inspired by the shirt: Blanc (White), Vert (Green) and Bleu (Blue).  Rouge (red) arrived in 2012 and in 2013, Lacoste added a Noir (black) edition to the range.

Reviews of L.12.12 Noir / Black

“Not sure about this one,” is a good way to begin a review of Lacoste Noir. I kinda like this and I kinda don’t. I don’t get clearly defined notes, I get a sort of watermelon note and a sort of lavender note… I get something like chocolate and a definite coumarin. I’m not at all sure about the patchouli; I get no verbena, or basil. What notes I perceive have something in common – their tendency to be rather synthetic, but the synthetics are not disagreeable.

L.12.12 Noir is a bit of an enigma to me. I can’t place it in any kind of logical pattern or design or purpose, unless it was meant to be everything for everyone of a certain age (but certainly not mine!). I don’t find much to like about it, but then I have no inclination to rail about how bad it is, either – because it certainly isn’t bad. Guess I have to go neutral… moderate sillage and OK longevity.
10th March, 2015
Watermelon? Cocoa?? Where??

First and foremost.. this is a copy more or less of Cool Water Game, another fragrance I can't stand. Game is a synthetic watermelon/patchouli fragrance, a bad combination in my opinion, but hey, some people must like it. Noir is the same, only the watermelon note doesn't last as long, and there's no patchouli in the dry down, rather leather. Patchouli is listed in the base, but I don't get it at all.

What I get here is cheap watermelon/apple opening, that disappears quite quickly. It becomes more lavender, with a soapy/slightly herbal/slightly floral vibe, before a hefty dose of leather takes over from the middle to the end. Leather is nice, but not with cheap fruity notes.. not my thing. There's too much of a contrast here with the notes, they don't mix well.

I just don't like it.. but maybe you will.
01st April, 2014
Erok32 Show all reviews
Not sure about this one

L 12 12 Noir smells fantastic. It's slightly sweet, yet fresh, and is suitable for all occasions. However, the longevity is pretty poor. If I spray this on my arm, it's undetectable within an hr or 2.

Pros: Scent
Cons: Longevity

22nd May, 2013
Modern with a twist of retro

Not bad at all. It has retained the bits of prior versions and yet there is this distinctive smell that reminds me of Denim Black aftershave. There's the catch, very retro scent but also somehow contemporary. Lacoste did a nice job with this one. Could have been better, mayhaps a bit stronger, but really a job well done.

Pros: stylish, distinctive
Cons: sillage

22nd May, 2013
nyguy Show all reviews
Watermelon! A bit sweet and like Lacoste Essential. Longevity is pretty good, was a blind buy that I end up liking quite a bit. Would buy again.
04th May, 2013
I tried this at a Carson's when I recently visited Chicago. It is definitely the best Lacoste in this line. It smells great and I almost bought it on the spot...I will probably order this online within the next few days. The best way I can explain this fragrance is that it is blended very, very, well and smells of Lavender, Coumarin and Berries. It has a WOW factor about it and I could see this being a big compliment getter for sure!

30th April, 2013

Add your review of L.12.12 Noir / Black

Shop for L.12.12 Noir / Black products online

Shop for L.12.12 Noir / Black at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L.12.12 Noir / Black

Member images of L.12.12 Noir / Black

There are no member images of L.12.12 Noir / Black yet. Why not be the first?