Dark Kiss (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseBath and Body Works
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands

About Dark Kiss

Dark Kiss is a feminine perfume by Bath and Body Works. The scent was launched in 2010

Dark Kiss fragrance notes

Reviews of Dark Kiss

Dark Kiss is one of my favourite Bath and Body Works fragrances. This review is primarily for the body spray.

Top Notes: Incense, Bergamot, Blackberry, and Mirabelle.

Heart Notes: Geranium, Amber, Musk, Rose, and Peony.

Base Notes: French Labdanum, Vanilla, Resin, Vetyver, and Musk.

As with all of my B&BW fragrances, I layer the matching products. I begin with the shower gel followed by the body spray and a bit of body creme and/or lotion. Layering easily gives me twelve to fourteen hours of longevity, which is better than many of my much more expensive fragrances, and this fact never ceases to astound me.

Dark Kiss opens on my skin with delicious, rich incense, juicy blackberry, and fragrant mirabelle. I do not detect the bergamot, but mine is not a highly tutored nose, so others may be able to detect it. It smells wonderful from the very first spritz.

As Dark Kiss dries down, the incense, blackberry, and mirabelle persist; and, vanilla, musk, and a bit of rose join in. I do not detect any of the other notes, but once again I would point out that mine is not a highly tutored nose, and you may be able to detect more of the notes.

Dark Kiss is deliciously sweet, fruity, incensey, and, well, a bit dark. It is a wonderful Autumn and Winter fragrance, but I wear it any time the fancy strike me. I even wear it during the hottest weather months, and it works on me because I am indoors most of the time in air conditioning. It may not work as well in hot weather if you are out of doors a lot. I often choose Dark Kiss as my bedtime fragrance because it imparts a soothing, restful feeling in me. I love smelling it as I drift off to sleep.

The shower gel smells just like the body spray to my nose, and using it scents the loo beautifully. The fragrance carries through the rest of the house in fact, and it smells lovely. I have not purchased the EdT because I cannot see how it could be better than the body spray which is a divine scent, almost spiritual in character. I find that the body creme and lotion do not impart as much scent as the shower gel and body spray, but they do help add a bit of depth whence combined with the shower gel and body spray.

If you like sweet, incensey fragrances, you will likely love Dark Kiss. I have used more expensive incense fragrances such as Piguet's Casbah, and whilst I like Casbah and would recommend it, I think I like Dark Kiss even better. Dark Kiss, of course, is much less expensive, so that is an added bonus.

I never cease to surprise myself by how much I enjoy my B&BW fragrances. I enjoy the entire aesthetic experience of bathing with the shower gels, followed by a liberal spritzing of the body sprays and application of the body cremes or lotions to areas that tend toward dryness such as elbows. Using my B&BW products is much more of an "experience" than simply spritzing an EdT or EdP all by itself. Layering the shower gel, body spray, and body creme and/or lotion is an act of lavish self-pampering for me, and I highly recommend you try it.

Fragrance: 10/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 10/10 (if you layer the matching products)
03rd May, 2016
Can’t believe nobody else has reviewed Dark Kiss yet. It is marketed toward females, but I consider it to be unisex. Bath and Body Works own website says Dark Kiss is: A tempting blend of black raspberry, Mirabelle plum, amber, dark vanilla bean, and sensual balsam. I made the mistake of trying the shower gel first, and assuming the EDT would be similar, I was wrong. The shower gel has a nice cherry vanilla vibe, but the EDT smells mostly vanilla to me. VERY disappointing because the shower gel is actually awesome. But still, Dark Kiss is a nice berry/vanilla fragrance. Nice, but certainly not worth seeking out.
28th February, 2014 (last edited: 18th January, 2015)

Add your review of Dark Kiss

Shop for Dark Kiss products online

Search Amazon for Dark Kiss

Member images of Dark Kiss

There are no member images of Dark Kiss yet. Why not be the first?