Vanille & Narcisse (2013)
by L'Occitane

Vanille & Narcisse information

Year of Launch2013

HouseL'Occitane
PerfumerKarine Dubreuil

About Vanille & Narcisse

One of four fragrances that launched the La Collection de Grasse range.

Vanille & Narcisse fragrance notes

Reviews of Vanille & Narcisse

kitsch Show all reviews
Tested from a dab on sample vial, which may account for why I didn't get any smoky or spicy notes.

Put me in the vanilla creme anglaise/custard camp for this sweet and creamy floral fragrance. Delicious, and long-lasting for a dabbed on sample (which I applied quite generously).

It wore quite close to the skin after a few hours, which is reasonable for dabbed on edt, but it was still delicious when I sought it out, with a golden quality, like warm sunshine. One to investigate further.
29th April, 2015
I am currently addicted to this scent. and although it ain't cheap, I have two 75ml bottles because I know I will get through them all too soon. It's marvellous for Autumn.

I spritzed some on my arm in duty free last month and it didn't make much of an impression on me at all until...... I caught a whiff of the deliciously smoky-spicy drydown before going to bed that night! I thought the fragrance must have mingled with some other scent I'd sampled, and was determined to track down the origin of what I've seen described on another forum as a "smoky bacon and maple syrup" aroma. Sure enough Vanille & Narcisse was the culprit. So I quite understand if you're looking for a custard-creamy white floral vanilla and don't find that V&N fits the bill, but if like me you like spicy orientals that veer towards gourmand territory, like Bond No 9's Chinatown, and if you like smoky perfumes like Miller Harris' La Fumee, you might like this.
30th September, 2014
Narcissus & Vanilla delight

The initial freshness of the bergamot soon gives way to floral notes, with daffodil and gardenia combining to a delightful duo. In the drydown a vanilla-tonka note arises that is well blended, rich but not heavy and neither too sweet nor cloying. Whilst maybe not super-exciting, this is awell-executed composition. Good silage, very good projection and, rare for such a brighter floral mix, a very good longevity of over seven hours in my skin. Quality product.

Pros: Longevity
Cons:

12th October, 2013
Old school French in the best way. I fell in love with the vintage Je Reviens by Worth as a little girl, and I know now that I was responding mostly to the narcissus in the blend. Holy cow! This L'Occitane does narcissus right, and perfectly balances it with a mellow, languorous, smoky vanilla. I love this scent all the way through, though there's a phase where you can smell a realistic narcissus and a complex, realistic vanilla in equal measure, and the effect is more than the sum of its parts - divine! Comes as an EDT, and I find that it wears almost like an EDP, so the longer I own a bottle and have most of it left, the less I'm feeling like it was relatively expensive.

I had been peeved at L'Occitane because they kept introducing sharp, fruity, watery new scents after abruptly discontinuing my favorite - Notre Flore Neroli, a wonderful headshop-y Oriental. With the release of Vanille & Narcisse, I can find love with them again.
03rd July, 2013 (last edited: 18th April, 2014)

Add your review of Vanille & Narcisse

Shop for Vanille & Narcisse products online

Search Amazon for Vanille & Narcisse

Member images of Vanille & Narcisse

There are no member images of Vanille & Narcisse yet. Why not be the first?