Vanille & Narcisse (2013)
    by L'Occitane

Average Rating:

Vanille & Narcisse Fragrance Notes

Vanille & Narcisse information

One of four fragrances that launched the La Collection de Grasse range.

Reviews of Vanille & Narcisse

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Sniffmonkey's avatar

I am currently addicted to this scent. and although it ain't cheap, I have two 75ml bottles because I know I will get through them all too soon. It's marvellous for Autumn.

I spritzed some on my arm in duty free last month and it didn't make much of an impression on me at all until...... I caught a whiff of the deliciously smoky-spicy drydown before going to bed that night! I thought the fragrance must have mingled with some other scent I'd sampled, and was determined to track down the origin of what I've seen described on another forum as a "smoky bacon and maple syrup" aroma. Sure enough Vanille & Narcisse was the culprit. So I quite understand if you're looking for a custard-creamy white floral vanilla and don't find that V&N fits the bill, but if like me you like spicy orientals that veer towards gourmand territory, like Bond No 9's Chinatown, and if you like smoky perfumes like Miller Harris' La Fumee, you might like this.

30th September, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Narcissus & Vanilla delight

The initial freshness of the bergamot soon gives way to floral notes, with daffodil and gardenia combining to a delightful duo. In the drydown a vanilla-tonka note arises that is well blended, rich but not heavy and neither too sweet nor cloying. Whilst maybe not super-exciting, this is awell-executed composition. Good silage, very good projection and, rare for such a brighter floral mix, a very good longevity of over seven hours in my skin. Quality product.

Pros: Longevity
    Cons:

12th October, 2013

babsbendix's avatar

Old school French in the best way. I fell in love with the vintage Je Reviens by Worth as a little girl, and I know now that I was responding mostly to the narcissus in the blend. Holy cow! This L'Occitane does narcissus right, and perfectly balances it with a mellow, languorous, smoky vanilla. I love this scent all the way through, though there's a phase where you can smell a realistic narcissus and a complex, realistic vanilla in equal measure, and the effect is more than the sum of its parts - divine! Comes as an EDT, and I find that it wears almost like an EDP, so the longer I own a bottle and have most of it left, the less I'm feeling like it was relatively expensive.

I had been peeved at L'Occitane because they kept introducing sharp, fruity, watery new scents after abruptly discontinuing my favorite - Notre Flore Neroli, a wonderful headshop-y Oriental. With the release of Vanille & Narcisse, I can find love with them again.

03rd July, 2013 (Last Edited: 18th April, 2014)

Add your review of Vanille & Narcisse