Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend (2013)
by Phaedon

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend information

Year of Launch2013

HousePhaedon
PerfumerAnne-Cecile Douveghan
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend is a shared / unisex perfume by Phaedon. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anne-Cecile Douveghan

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend fragrance notes

Reviews of Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend

Tabac Rouge reminds me of 18.21 and Tobacco Vanille but that cinnamon and ginger do standout and differentiate nicely. It is lighter and I'm not sure that's a good thing with this kind of scent. Feels kinda thin, like a watered-down drink. Actually, comes off kinda like a tea scent at times. The drydown gives way to a little bit more smoke but this is not a smokey scent. It's all tobacco and spices.

Projection and longevity are both above average.
09th January, 2018
Huh. At first all I could smell was Play-Doh and then after a month I tried it again and it smelled like L'artisans Tea for Two, which is also a kind of a watery chai like this ends up being. Either way, dated and kind of slapped together. Sillage.. weak and nondescript ... sort of like dusting yourself in McCormick's cinnamon and then spraying yourself with windex. Maybe in a month I'll appreciate it
22nd November, 2017
Received a free sample with a purchase. This is definitely not my kind of fragrance as it's heavy tobacco, spice and benozin. The opening is a hot honey, ginger and cinnamon, but then a cigar humidor tobacco and incense kicks in and for me ruins what could have been. I don't think it's so much the tobacco but the musk and benozin base. Benozin reminds me of cough drops and gives a metallic, medicinal tone that I don't care for. I would have preferred something sweet, and I don't really see a comparison to Tobacco Vanille. At times it reminds me of Amouage Memoir Man, in that it's so heavy and sour it becomes a challenge to wear. I will say I like the tobacco note here, as it reminds me of a high end cigar humidor, with a rich deep somewhat woody undertone. As nice as the tobacco is, overall Tabac Rouge is just too heavy for me to wear comfortably, but it could be pleasant for a tobacco lover. Masculine and great performance, but just a neutral for me.
29th October, 2017
So my sample arrived today. It is true what they say.....It is very similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille but I think I prefer this one. Here's why!! It's just more wearable. Plus it's 30% cheaper. It actually smells like I thought TV would smell like. There are a few more notes going on so I find it more interesting.

Honey, Cinnamon, tobacco.....Its all here. Not as strong as TV but lasts a good 7 hours+ on me.

Smells very manly and comforting at the same time. Has the potential to become a favorite of mine!!!

Big thumbs up!!
19th October, 2017 (last edited: 23rd October, 2017)
Mint and honey - an immediate blast, morphing with a light tobacco background. There's not enough tobacco here to justify the use of it in the name of the scent. Where's the Rouge part? That would have suggested a rose somewhere in the back ground. Or at least a pink carnation?

How can such a dominant note of mint not be in the note tree at all?
The impression here is of mint jelly and honey on toast.

Definitely a gourmand for me and not that attractive. Neither Tabac nor Rouge in my book.
06th December, 2016
Many people prefer Tabac Rouge over Tobacco Vanille because it is much lighter, has ginger instead of clove, and more honey than heavy vanilla. Oh, and the price, of course – although not massively cheap, Tabac Rouge costs far less than Tobacco Vanille.

I agree that Tabac Rouge smells like Tobacco Vanille. But as with Meharees (Musc Ravageur clone) and Dolcelixir (Ambre Narguile clone) and yes, even Oud Black Vanilla Absolute (SDV clone), the resemblance is skin-deep really, based on a superficial reading of the notes. The biggest difference between these clones and their source material is texture and weight. And a whole world of difference can be found in the small detail of texture and weight.

Tabac Rouge catches all the notes of Tobacco Vanille, but in a kind of “skim-reading” type of way. The difference is, like I said, in the small matter of texture and weight. Tabac Rouge has the texture of hot, clear tea. A sparkling ginger note is an improvement over the (frankly) awful, metallic clove note in TV, but that contributes further to the feeling of spicy, lively winter tisane rather than the thick duvet feeling I get from TV. It is as sweet as TV, but derives its sweetness from honey rather than from dried fruit. (Honey is yet another element that makes me think of tea).

I think that it smells great, though, and I would certainly buy this. It would suit warmer weather than Tobacco Vanille, due to its relative sheerness, and for this reason alone, it is by far the more versatile fragrance of the two.
26th September, 2016

Add your review of Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend

Shop for Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend products online

Search Amazon for Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend

Member images of Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend

There are no member images of Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend yet. Why not be the first?