Falling Into the Sea (2012)
by Imaginary Authors

Falling Into the Sea information

Year of Launch2012

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Falling Into the Sea

Falling Into the Sea is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Falling Into the Sea fragrance notes

Reviews of Falling Into the Sea

rbaker Show all reviews
This is an opening that includes citrus, bergamot with a lovely lychee note, but soon all these are enveloped by an ozonic sea and beach impression that is uplifting and refreshing.

Over time the citrus recedes, and the lychee grows stronger in my skin.
The fruity and the ozonic balance each other very well. I do not get any distinct base note phase.

The performance is excellent with moderate sillage, very good projection and a longevity of over ten hours.

This is a well-blended delightful take on the fruit&beach species of scents, and the ingredients are if good quality. Now I must be off to have a swim in the sea! 3.75/5
12th October, 2015
I'm doing a completely fun and stupid thing that has everything to do with my OCD and ADD; I'm reviewing TWO fragrances (one on each hand) simultaneously. Don't ask why. This is me.

Anyhow, I want to eat my left hand. Why? Because that is where the fragrance I am reviewing right this second is located. It smells like Lychee fruit - fresh, on the branch you buy at the Korean grocery store across the city and it is worth the traffic and all the nonsense to get there. GOOD LORD! I want to eat my hand.

As a general rule, I do not like fruit on me...I like it in my mouth. I don't like to smell like fruit...lets see where this little lovely will take me....

30 minutes...I think I smell some Neroli...very light. Lychee fruit is still powerful - it honestly triggers my salivary glands! Pretty spot on!

Still get tiny whiffs of a floral, but nothing really powerful. This is only the second IA frag I've tested. I loved An Air of Despair. This one seems more one-dimensional. Linear, but not bad. I still want to eat my hand.

After my horrible Pledge-like battle with Luxe today, I'm hyper-sensitive to lemon, and while it's in here, it is nothing like the hot mess I encountered earlier.

I think I'll buy some lychee tomorrow.

So, it's been about 2, maybe 2.5 hours, and I now smell the florals more prominently. They're nice, and I no longer wish to eat my hand.

I think this would make a nice mid-summer decant. I shall think on it.
23rd August, 2015
Falling Into the Sea opens with a blast of mixed citrus and lychee, and the floral side comes out more in the drydown. It's a pleasant scent that isn't cloying citrus-y, sweet, or floral, so I imagine this should be pretty agreeable lighter, summer scent within the Imaginary Authors collection.

Fruity (even citrus) and floral usually ring for me, and the case is the same here, but only slightly. A man could certainly pull this off as a summer day scent, as (although I cannot detect the sand note per se--it may be a bit of a joke like "tennis ball" in The Soft Lawn) it does remind me a bit of the beach, just not as much as Kramer's The Beach.

Longevity-wise, it falls between Mosaic, which was disappointing (especially for an EDP), and the more wintry fragrances of Cape Heartache and Memoirs of a Trespasser, both of which showed great longevity. After 7 hours, a workout, and a shower, FITS still has some projection on my skin, albeit less than a foot. Not one I'll be buying, but still a good entry.

6 out of 10
02nd February, 2015 (last edited: 05th February, 2015)
Review by Buysblind

Falling Into the Sea opens with a big litchi note--juicy and robust. If you've never smelled litchi before, it kind of falls somewhere between pear, apricot, and peach. The litchi is backed by exotic flowers along the lines of mimose and lotus. As a result, this fragrance has a very tropical feel, and perhaps to call it a "tropical aquatic" is most appropriate. While I never detect a specific "sand" note, there is definitely a salty, beach-like quality that emerges about 20 minutes in to complete the picture. What you're left with is something of a fantastical impression of a tropical beach--a place close to one's imagination though somewhat displaced from reality. This works because for the most part the ingredients used in Falling Into the Sea feel natural enough to permit such an imaginative leap--your impression isn't jarred by harsh synthetics or scratchy aroma chemicals that remind you immediately that what you're smelling is fake. Yes, the notes are somewhat fantastical, but they are not so much chemical. In turn, the ingredients allow space for your mind to wander.To that extent, I think this fragrance is a success.

As the fragrance hits the one hour mark, the litchi subsides to a degree and the florals become more apparent.

Although labeled as unisex, I'm more inclined to consider this a feminine fragrance. The exotic florals and big litchi note just seem better suited for a woman to wear. Though I don't mind smelling it on my arm at the moment, I probably wouldn't feel completely comfortable wearing this out in public. However, for women, I think this is a viable option in this category and definitely worth exploring.

Projection is quite powerful and longevity is solid.

Pros: Alluring tropical aroma, Quality ingredients, Unique aquatic
Cons: Too feminine for the average guy, Not truly "unisex""

05th October, 2013

Add your review of Falling Into the Sea

Shop for Falling Into the Sea products online

Search Amazon for Falling Into the Sea

Member images of Falling Into the Sea

There are no member images of Falling Into the Sea yet. Why not be the first?