Gris Montaigne (2013)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Gris Montaigne

Gris Montaigne is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Gris Montaigne fragrance notes

Reviews of Gris Montaigne

This is one of those perfumes that combines all sorts of complex flowers and fruits and somehow ends up smelling like watered-down purple fake-grape Gatorade. Given time, it's joined by vanilla and pink pepper and freshly-sawed lumber, but the overall effect is always fruity and sweet and artificial. This is also one of those perfumes that achieves a sort of 3-d cloud effect where it smells weak on the skin, but simultaneously billows out lots of sillage (you know, the way Aventus does).

I was fully prepared to pan Gris Montaine for being intentionally inoffensive and relying on on that cliched grape drink smell and dumb vanilla drydown, but I've never gotten so many compliments - people on the street, everywhere, told me how great I smelled (which almost NEVER happens to me) so I guess that has to earn this perfume enough points to soften my hardened heart and earn a thumbs up for being such a crowd-pleaser.
06th October, 2015
With GM, I get a dark grape or fruit vibe. Must be the rose jasmine and bergamot combo in this one. Unisex indeed, even though it's noted as a feminine fragrance. While at the boutique, I sprayed New Look 1947 and Gris Mintaigne on the same card. Now that was a fragrance. I would give GM 7/10
17th March, 2015
I am totally enthralled by Gris Montaigne - on my skin, the warm ambery patchouli woody facets shine more with just the right amount of floral. I would say its perfectly unisex.

As with the colour of the juice and the genesis behind this scent, Gris Montaigne is perfect when the sky is gloomy with leaves rustling and when one is in a contemplative mood either taking a stroll down a quiet street or simply staring out a window.

It works as wonderfully in a social event which befits a distinguished aura. Always feel relaxed, calm and composed when I have it on.

29th January, 2015 (last edited: 30th January, 2015)
Jubal Show all reviews
Lovely in Grey

I am a chypre lover and try to sample all of those new to the market. Sadly, 90% of the newest have been underwhelming, however, Dior's new Gris Montaigne is all I could hope for. Rose and woods predominate in this to my nose and it is oh so lovely and dry. Definitely an elegant scent though I think it works as well with jeans as with a grey silk evening outfit.

I think I'll wear it even more frequently in the cooler months, it seems to be what I reach for on any kind of a cool rainy day. Well done, Dior!

Pros: Beautiful Chypre, long lasting, good sillage
Cons: Price

28th May, 2013

Add your review of Gris Montaigne

Shop for Gris Montaigne products online

Shop for Gris Montaigne at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gris Montaigne

Member images of Gris Montaigne

There are no member images of Gris Montaigne yet. Why not be the first?