Memoirs of a Trespasser

Average Rating:

Memoirs of a Trespasser Fragrance notes

Madagascar vanilla, Guiacwood, Myrrh, Benzoin, Ambrette seed, Oak barrels

Memoirs of a Trespasser information

Memoirs of a Trespasser is a unisex fragrance by Imaginary Authors.

Reviews of Memoirs of a Trespasser

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Memoirs of a Trespasser opens with a really pleasant, radiant, dusty and sweetish accord of amber and incense with vanilla, perhaps aniseed or licorice, and an odd but comfy and mellow breeze of something like sugar that same kind of dry, dusty and silky sweetness - on a darker base with a tiny animalic hint, almost unperceivable but providing a nice dark shade on the base (it may also be some benzoin, or a dark and dry wood, or also simply a darker note of ambrette). A synthetic and quite simple texture as it seems typical in US contemporary perfumery these days, but nice and pleasant, versatile and inoffensive, quite safer than it may appear it's basically a woody-amber scent dry and sweet with a really aromatic breeze ranging from green to grey. Not amazing but nice enough to wear, and with also a remarkable persistence.

6,5-7/10

10th September, 2014

ClaireV's avatar

Ireland Ireland

It dries down to a nice woody vanilla, but you have to wade through a bunch of odd notes to get there, and at the end of the day, I am not sure that the payoff is good enough. It opens on a weird pairing of what seems to be an intensely sweet candy note, like candyfloss, the bitter rind of either a grapefruit or an orange, and raw wood. There is also a musky feel to it, from the ambrette seeds, which combines with the raw plank of wood smell to conjure up a sort of ghost note of vetiver (to my nose, at least). The first half of this, therefore, smells like musky, raw woods, with a candied grapefruit rind note. I don't get any vanilla.

Halfway through, there is a truly skanky moment, like smelling a spot on your arm that someone has licked. It is still a predominantly woodsy smell, but there is now a flat, stale note like dried saliva. Not enjoyable, not even to a lover of animalics like me. Also, the ambrette seeds add not only muskiness but also a note of alcohol, like grappa, which I also noticed in Chanel No. 18, where it used to great effect when paired with rose and iris. But here, the high-pitched whirl of alcohol combines with the raw woods to create a type of wood rubbing solvent smell.

The vanilla, once you finally get to it, is nice but quite synthetic in feel. It is quite sheer and diaphanous a vanilla, not heavy or creamy. People describe this one as a smoky vanilla, but I would describe it more as woodsy or boise vanilla. I know it is very popular around here, but I neither like nor understand it. To me, this is not a proper vanilla.

18 August, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

On the initial spray I was not such a big fan. Got a slight skankiness the first 5 minutes. After that the fragrance morphed into a great gourmand. A nice woody vanilla which is very unique. 8.5/10

03 August, 2014

Jack Hunter's avatar

Wow this is gorgeous and complex!

On first application to my skin I'm getting a wonderful smoky woods and dried vanilla. And I have to say it smells absolutely great.

Shortly after a melody of different resins, amber, spices interact with the main smoky vanilla and woods. This slightly changes the smell so every-time you take a sniff your picking up something new.

As it dries down you can smell a resinous Mryhh note mixing in with the dried vanilla. And even at this stage you will be picking up different nuances to the scent.

I have to say I'm so impressed with this wonderful fragrance that I will be buying a full bottle.

Nine out of Ten.

17 June, 2014

Tonyprince's avatar

Excellent

I'm not usually a gourmand fan nor am I somebody who wants to walk around smelling of cake batter, so I don't usually go for vanilla fragrances. This one is a great exception for me. The vanilla and the ambrette seeds blend very nicely with the oak-like note to create a very comforting fragrance that lasts all day and blends very well with my natural sweat so that I catch it later in the day and think, "What is that? Is that me? I really smell good!" Definitely one to check out.

Pros: Not too sweet, good balance of vanilla and wood (oak)
    Cons:

10th June, 2013

teardrop's avatar

England England

Top-notch Vanilla.

A deliciously boozy, woody vanilla with plenty of smoke in the drydown, & l loves me a bit of smoke! There isn't much development other than that, but there doesn't need to be. This is one of the loveliest vanillas l've tried; not too cupcake-sweet, but comforting & addictive. The projection is moderate, & it lasts a good five hours before fading. Recommended for vanilla lovers of both genders.

07 June, 2013

Add your review of Memoirs of a Trespasser

Search for on eBay United States

Memoirs of a Trespasser by Imaginary Authors Unisex (EDP, 60ml)
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 3 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)