Memoirs of a Trespasser
    by Imaginary Authors

Memoirs of a Trespasser Fragrance notes

Madagascar vanilla, Guiacwood, Myrrh, Benzoin, Ambrette seed, Oak barrels

Reviews of Memoirs of a Trespasser

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

Tonyprince's avatar
    Tonyprince

Excellent

I'm not usually a gourmand fan nor am I somebody who wants to walk around smelling of cake batter, so I don't usually go for vanilla fragrances. This one is a great exception for me. The vanilla and the ambrette seeds blend very nicely with the oak-like note to create a very comforting fragrance that lasts all day and blends very well with my natural sweat so that I catch it later in the day and think, "What is that? Is that me? I really smell good!" Definitely one to check out.

Pros: Not too sweet, good balance of vanilla and wood (oak)
    Cons:

10th June, 2013

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

Top-notch Vanilla.

A deliciously boozy, woody vanilla with plenty of smoke in the drydown, & l loves me a bit of smoke! There isn't much development other than that, but there doesn't need to be. This is one of the loveliest vanillas l've tried; not too cupcake-sweet, but comforting & addictive. The projection is moderate, & it lasts a good five hours before fading. Recommended for vanilla lovers of both genders.

07 June, 2013

BradW's avatar
    BradW

I got a sample of this one from the Imaginary Authors website. This one is a smokey, woody vanilla fragrance. It kinda reminds me of cocoa, since it is very dry and has a bittersweet smell to it. This is unisex, but I see it as more masculine. It is quite strong, and I learned the hard way that maybe 1 or 2 sprays is plenty. I can see Tobacco Vanille fans liking this one. It is semi-gourmand, but instead of tobacco, uses guiacwood and myrrh to give it the smoke smell. I want to like this one, but it just seems kinda dusty to me. Perhaps a bit daring for my taste, but it certainly is worth checking out if you like daring vanilla scents.

14 May, 2013