Memoirs of a Trespasser (2012)
by Imaginary Authors

Memoirs of a Trespasser information

Year of Launch2012

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Memoirs of a Trespasser

Memoirs of a Trespasser is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Memoirs of a Trespasser fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoirs of a Trespasser

The smokey-vanilla scent in the opening lasts from beginning to end. Has a resinous, almost oily feel.

Feels best for cold-weather, casual wears.

Good projection and longevity, lasts 8-10 hours.
22nd October, 2018
Opens very sweet and slightly smoky. There is something sharp that follows after the smoke is gone, which is quite soon and with the sweetness amplifying more and more it starts to get annoying. Then the same theme going until the end, a sharp sweetness.
24th September, 2018
Oh bubba, I am really put off by this one. A cloud of something halfway between candyfloss and scented eraser finally relaxed into a synthetic vanilla with the nose feel of paste. Some vague woody tones (oddly singed by a chlorine-aspect) and the merest whiff of a myrrh-like resin sadly failed to provoke interest. The question I kept asking myself was, why would I want to wear something like this? And failing to come up with a halfway satisfactory answer, it fell into the pit of ‘never again’.
18th June, 2018
Another IA scent that comes across as sickly sweet and cheaply constructed. Reminds me of a scratch and sniff or some sort of Easy Bake Oven flavoring. I love the branding, packaging, and stories of these scents, but the scents themselves are downright unpleasant. Hard pass.
14th June, 2018 (last edited: 15th June, 2018)
Woods...smells more like a dry cedar to me than oak barrels, but VERY nice! Caramel, and some type of nutty note to my nose. This is extremely nice in my opinion. I'd love to have a bottle sometime. I love a good woody, resinous scent and Memoirs of a Trespasser definitely fits that bill. I'm appreciating Imaginary Author/Josh Meyers work more with each one of his olfactory creations I try. A definite thumbs up for me.
06th July, 2017
I am almost always 99% in sync with the estimable ClaireV's opinions -- and 100% entertained by her witty writing.

And in the case of this scent, she is absolutely accurate in every description of its components and effects. But in a Bizarro World twist, every element of it that she finds objectionable I find utterly enchanting. Opening of "musky raw woods and candied grapefruit rind"? Check. Midpoint of "skanky moment...grappa...wood solvent"? Check. Ending of "woodsy or boise vanilla"? Check. And I love every second of it.

Vive la difference! Or perhaps: One woman's meat is another woman's poison?

I do seem to be getting a much greater smoky effect and much less sweetness than other wearers. In fact, the very rough vanilla is to me much more like a burning vanilla-ish pipe tobacco than a foody vanilla. And the sweetness, rather than candy, smells to me more like the smoke that wafts up from burning sugar, which I think does bear some resemblance to the sweet/bitter bite of candied grapefruit peel. Rough, harsh, and cozy, all at the same time. Plus: a staggering 18 hours of longevity. Straight to the top of my FBW list.
19th January, 2017

End Date: Friday Dec-21-2018 15:37:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Memoirs of a Trespasser

There are no member images of Memoirs of a Trespasser yet. Why not be the first?