Memoirs of a Trespasser (2012)
by Imaginary Authors

Memoirs of a Trespasser information

Year of Launch2012

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Memoirs of a Trespasser

Memoirs of a Trespasser is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Memoirs of a Trespasser fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoirs of a Trespasser

This reminds me quite a bit of Margiela's By the Fireplace. It's a dry smokey vanilla with a lot of woody notes. From reading the description I was worried there would be a boozy cognac note. As much as I love a nice drink, boozy fragrances seem to turn sour on my skin for some reason. So I was pleased to find that instead we get the impression of cognac from an oak barrel accord. I like the composition of the notes quite a lot (though I do think I still prefer BtF a little bit). My only complaint is that I don't really get much projection out of this one. Everyone's skin is different, and I think it can even come down to the notes sometimes (Cape Heartache was a beast on me). I will try to overspray a bit on my second wearing to see what I can get out of it. But, for now its a nice albeit underperforming scent.
08th October, 2019
From January, 2015:

The gem of the Imaginary Authors line, Memoirs incorporates the smoky, ashy components of guiac wood and myrhh to create a dark, dry, dusty vanilla with great contrast between its bitter, burnt notes and their sweeter and softer counterparts. The vanilla itself is deep and warm, and provides a solid, encompassing foundation for the base. This is a great treatment of vanilla. It's different and takes on the challenge of focusing just as much on other elements than the simple allure of an edible, gourmand vanilla note. At the same time, it's so easy to wear and could even work as a signature scent, at least in the fall and winter. With very good projection and longevity, I wouldn't be surprised if this achieves some kind of cult status among the fragrance community. Judging by the reviews, it already has.

Jan
2015

13th August, 2019
Instant hit of vanilla and smoke makes me smile! Not normally one for very sweet fragrances, but this one takes off immediately and is tempered with the woody aroma. Very autumnal to go with a tweed jacket, wool tie and brown brogues.
09th June, 2019
Sparkles and bubbles. Liquid candy. Hyper-thin sucrose vibe with its vanilla, myrrh, and ambrette seed notes. Artistic frag - not an everyday wearable thing. The woods remind me of something - maybe I'll think of it later.. It's a memory of campfire, at the old cabin. Wood and paper refuse burning. I get sweetened, smoked bourbon, almost like barrel staves. It's evenly resinous and balsamic. It's a straight highway of aroma - linear. It stays linear for its wearing on my skin. It's pretty good. I couldn't wear this with any frequency though.
04th May, 2019
The smokey-vanilla scent in the opening lasts from beginning to end. Has a resinous, almost oily feel.

Feels best for cold-weather, casual wears.

Good projection and longevity, lasts 8-10 hours.
22nd October, 2018
Opens very sweet and slightly smoky. There is something sharp that follows after the smoke is gone, which is quite soon and with the sweetness amplifying more and more it starts to get annoying. Then the same theme going until the end, a sharp sweetness.
24th September, 2018

Buy It Now for only: $14.49

Buy It Now for only: $23.49

Buy It Now for only: $8.49

Member images of Memoirs of a Trespasser

There are no member images of Memoirs of a Trespasser yet. Why not be the first?