Cafe Diem (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HousePK Perfumes
PerfumerPaul Kiler

About Cafe Diem

Cafe Diem is a shared / unisex perfume by PK Perfumes. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Paul Kiler

Reviews of Cafe Diem

Wow. This stuff is really good.

There's a backbone of clary sage and coriander that reminds me of X For Men, but made rich with cedar and frankincense, while a roasted coffee smell gives a dark uplift to everything. Over time, it fades to creamy frankincense and leathery, smoky burnt woods.

Smelled blind, I would have assumed this was a Clive Christian or a better-than-average Amouage. For those of you who scour these reviews looking for hidden inexpensive gems, this is definitely one. You can get a little bottle of Cafe Diem for under $20 and you can see I'm comparing it to $350 perfumes...

PS: I know I've said this about two PK Perfumes now - I swear I'm not affiliated! I'm just a new fan!
05th August, 2016
I am always vastly disappointed when a perfumer uses a plethora of ingredients for a scent, receives praise on the expert mix, and then my nose experiences but one note, and an unpleasant one at that.

Such is the case with Paul Kiler's Cafe Diem - 24 ingredients and all my nose can detect is a very harsh, very dry, very sharp cypress note.

From other praiseworthy reviews of this scent on the internet, I know it must be my nose and not the scent itself, but my rating must be based on my own experience.

Hence the neutral.

I have a sampler pack of ten scents from PK Perfumes and do hope the rest of my experience is better than my first.
06th January, 2015
This is a very nice scent. I don't usually like scents with food notes, but this is very well done. Starts with accurate sage and wormwood herbal notes. Subtle dry spices develop, mostly of a peppery nature. The cinnamon is well blended (thankfully) and is not a strong note. Attractive resins from the cypress, olibanum, and incense base. The dry aspects are counterbalanced by some opulent boozy notes of the absinthe and smokey whisky. The vanilla is not problematic at all (thankfully). Almost a leather note at times in the dry-down. Pleasant woods emerge from time to time. Incense notes develop in the later dry-down. Well done!
10th November, 2014

Add your review of Cafe Diem

Shop for Cafe Diem products online

Member images of Cafe Diem

There are no member images of Cafe Diem yet. Why not be the first?