Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne (2013)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne information

Year of Launch2013

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne

Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne fragrance notes

Reviews of Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne

I have been obsessed with this fragrance since I first tried it at Barney's and was thrilled when my 3 ml spray sample arrived today.

I find this edgy and contemporary. I definitely get a strong caramel and gunpowder that keeps me wanting to smell my wrist over and over. I don't really detect the cedar or orchid but get something nutty or coconut.

29th April, 2015
Another subverted gourmand from L'artisan. This one is interesting! When I first applied it I got some sweetness with a strong, bitter, rough note that reminded me almost of pepper or some other bitter spice. After reading the notes I totally recognize the gun powder accord. Yknow on the 4th of july, when the last few fireworks are launched off and theres just a slight haze over everything with that smoky smoldering scent? bingo. Shortly after the firecracker opening, a warm, smooth, sweet caramel note starts to wake up (no milk for me.. Im not really sure how one would be able to detect milk when theres a prominent caramel note anyway ). It grows and grows, and then right before it gets too sweet I suddenly notice that theres a nice, peppery cedar note. Was that there the whole time? I don't know..but it keeps getting more and more prominent. Eventually I was left with a slightly bitter cedary caramel fuzz that I really enjoyed. This is not a fragrance for everyone, its definitely unisex and almost unpleasant at first. I feel like this would greatly appeal to fans of Dzing who are looking for something else from the 'strange and sweet' corner of L'artisan. It definitely is not worth the ridiculous retail price but seeing as how it can be found at discounters for less than the normal l'artisans its worth a look! 8.5/10
26th April, 2015
Along with Deliria and Skin on Skin, I tried this a while ago but never bothered to write about it. I’m only returning to it now as its been haunting my inbox for far too long.

This is a milky, dusty, floral thing; quite figgy, and there’s a tinge of rose, but it smells more like a scene than anything recognizable as notes. In my mind, it’s an antiqued space—a sort of weathered Victorian-meets-cape cod affair. I can picture hues of pink, greys, and whites; faded wallpaper, distressed wood finishes, a ratty-by-design chaise with vintage teddy bears, strings of pearls, silk ribbons, old portraits in flaked-paint frames. It’s basically a Pottery Barn catalogue in scent form.

It’s a maudlin thing really—a sort of faux-old aesthetic designed for the mid-30s urban crowd. Musty and dry, slightly rubbery, vaguely nostalgic, generally washed out. It has some sweetness, but it’s more like sweetened tea (although it doesn’t smell like tea). Given that there are a few cheap chemicals sticking out of it, I’m not convinced that it’s worth the asking price, but it does accomplish a dusty thrift store-chic thing effectively. Merciful, really, considering what it could have smelled like.
05th December, 2014
Just a brief chance to sample all three of of the offerings in this line. I'd say this is the most feminine of the three, and comes across as beautiful and calming.
30th December, 2013

Add your review of Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne

Shop for Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne products online

Search Amazon for Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne

Member images of Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne

There are no member images of Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Explosions d’Emotions : Amour Nocturne