Rive d'Ambre (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Rive d'Ambre

Rive d'Ambre is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2013

Reviews of Rive d'Ambre

When I spray it on, it smells very soapy and clean---a lot like Irish Spring, but with some powdery rose behind it. Some citrus, but not until it starts to dry.

When my wife sprays it on, BAM!!! ---orange blossom like crazy!! !!

I suppose I expected it to be slight more masculine based on some reviews I've read, but it wasn't a total letdown for me. Didn't seem to last very long, so next time I wear it to work, I'll apply lightly once more halfway through the day. Sillage is mild for something that is nearly overwhelming when you first apply it, but it mellows out nicely.

Wear it with brightly colored clothes, people will seem to notice the aroma more, and you as well. 8/10 for me, because I love how multifaceted it is.
28th March, 2015
I just finished mauling my bf when I smelled this on him. I could smell citrus but something else drove me absolutely wild about it. I could not control myself and I pounced on him in a fury. I've decided we have to get this in bulk for him from now on. It was very expensive but I don't care. I somehow got it on me now, though the one wearing it was him. And I'm kinda digging me. It smells like money, importance, prestige, a paradise from which you never want to leave, and comes over like some pheromone tsunami.
29th June, 2014
Blind buy and blind review.

Haven't a clue what the claimed notes are.

I get a really nice soft Orangey (non citrus blast) opening and soft amber.
Uncomplicated. Great to wear comforting, uplifting, sort of motivating .

It feels bang up to date, but somehow reminds me of being a kid in the 70's-80's.
Dunno how, but it does.
09th November, 2013
It's all About the Bergamot

This opens with a very good bergamot top note which dies down to a subtle bergamot skin-scent and then... nothing.

How Tom Ford can justify charging such a high price for this kind of thing is beyond me. I admit that the bergamot is extremely well done but the fragrance as a whole is so one-dimensional and short-lived that it amounts to little more than a luxury version of Boss Orange.

Another disappointment from the Private Blend line which really needs to return to the early promise of Tobacco Vanille, Amber Absolute and Oud Wood et al if it to retain any credibility.

Pros: Very good bergamot note.
Cons: One-dimensional and short-lived."

20th October, 2013
Natural smelling citrus scent.

Let me start by saying that Rive d'Ambre is probably my favorite Tom Ford release of the past few years. However, that's not saying much when there have been so many duds released. Upon application, I get a burst of natural citrus notes reminiscent of a freshly cut orange or tangerine. However, within a matter of a couple hours, the scent is gone. Even when I do smell it, it projects very poorly.

Rive d'Ambre smells very similar to Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree. I much prefer the Malle.

Pros: Smells of natural oranges
Cons: Fleeting. Poor projection & longevity."

07th October, 2013
A Poor Effort

It opens with a slight minty citrus freshness with a touch of amber and floral musk. It's very light and non descript and does not last. A poor effort.

05th August, 2013

Add your review of Rive d'Ambre

Shop for Rive d'Ambre products online

Shop for Rive d'Ambre at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rive d'Ambre

Member images of Rive d'Ambre

There are no member images of Rive d'Ambre yet. Why not be the first?