Rive d'Ambre (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Rive d'Ambre

Rive d'Ambre is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2013

Rive d'Ambre fragrance notes

Reviews of Rive d'Ambre

Citrus (seems like orange) with a nice amber note, accompanied with light musk. Not bad, just not worth the price. 7/10
18th August, 2016
This is a good citrus fragrance to my nose, similar to Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree. This one may be slightly more wearable, something I would be more comfortable wearing into the office, whereas Bigarade Concentree is more of a citrus statement, something to wear to start a sunny weekend morning.
18th August, 2016
Kotori Show all reviews
This is utterly gorgeous. On my friend's skin, the orange really came out. On mine, it was the Amber. The result was a candy orange smell on me, but lovely, bright, and complex. I was ready to pull the trigger, but a handwashing and about an hour's wear removed it completely. Since it was the only thing on my skin, it wasn't fatigue. My friend lost it in the same time frame.
30th December, 2015
Rive D'Ambre might best be summed up as "spicy citrus" but its depth is undermined by the misleading name, which emphasizes the amber rather than the citrus. I haven't much to add to the general consensus, which is that Rive D'Ambre is at the intersection of fresh and spicy, with orange and amber and standouts as the top and base, respectively, with cardamom somewhere in the middle as the spiciness. There's something sweet at the base, as well, but I can't really tell what it is.

In the Tom Ford Private Blend line, I liken this mostly to Azure Lime as far as the "citrus with depth" categorization goes. Projection and longevity are disappointing for a TF Private Blend, though, so I can't say that I'd consider buying this. Certainly a very pleasant fragrance, preferably used in the warmer weather day/night, but just not one worth the price.

7 out of 10
26th May, 2015
When I spray it on, it smells very soapy and clean---a lot like Irish Spring, but with some powdery rose behind it. Some citrus, but not until it starts to dry.

When my wife sprays it on, BAM!!! ---orange blossom like crazy!! !!

I suppose I expected it to be slight more masculine based on some reviews I've read, but it wasn't a total letdown for me. Didn't seem to last very long, so next time I wear it to work, I'll apply lightly once more halfway through the day. Sillage is mild for something that is nearly overwhelming when you first apply it, but it mellows out nicely.

Wear it with brightly colored clothes, people will seem to notice the aroma more, and you as well. 8/10 for me, because I love how multifaceted it is.
28th March, 2015
I just finished mauling my bf when I smelled this on him. I could smell citrus but something else drove me absolutely wild about it. I could not control myself and I pounced on him in a fury. I've decided we have to get this in bulk for him from now on. It was very expensive but I don't care. I somehow got it on me now, though the one wearing it was him. And I'm kinda digging me. It smells like money, importance, prestige, a paradise from which you never want to leave, and comes over like some pheromone tsunami.
29th June, 2014

Add your review of Rive d'Ambre

Shop for Rive d'Ambre products online

Search Amazon for Rive d'Ambre

Member images of Rive d'Ambre

There are no member images of Rive d'Ambre yet. Why not be the first?