Perfume Directory (2013)

Advertisement information

Year of Launch2013

HouseBond No. 9
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

The inspiration for Bond No. 9's latest location-themed scent is the digital village, 'the world's most populated neighborhood'. Only available online. fragrance notes

Reviews of

Certainly the likening of Bond No. 9 HTTP to a middle ground between Creed Aventus and Bond's own The Scent of Peace for Him is quite valid, as HTTP embodies the pineapple and blackcurrant of each, though both are more reminiscent of Aventus, and the apple and juniper of The Scent of Peace for Him.

For these reasons, the top notes and heart notes of HTTP are more complex than either Aventus or The Scent of Peace for Him, but is this more complicated mix better than either of the two abovementioned similar fragrances? I'd say no, as both Aventus and The Scent of Peace for Him come of as more interesting and more refined in their own rights.

Performance is decent but one certainly wouldn't buy this for the performance. I find its freshness and fruitiness to be its strengths, but the blend still isn't as great as the ones that came before it.

I like HTTP but it doesn't do anything special for me. I already own Aventus and would consider buying The Scent of Peace for Him due to its relative distinctness rather than HTTP.

7 out of 10
23rd September, 2016
No, sorry but this is a blatant copy of creed. And not done as well I should add.
17th July, 2016
I bought 3 samples directly from Bond, because I cannot find anyone selling decants, at least not yet.

At first, my initial impression is that this is similar to good ol' "Z01" batch Aventus, but with underripe pineapples and too many apples. In fact, this fragrance is actually a bit closer to Afnan Supremacy Silver, which is a known Aventus dupe; less if any smoke, and brighter fruit notes.

This scent is very "green" and crisp; there is the prevalent pineapple sweet-tartness and also the sourness of green apples as the opening act. For me personally, the notes come somewhat out of sequence, as I get the musk up second, to mellow the tartness a bit and then the cedar brings up the rear with just enough patchouli to be impactual.

BEAUTIFUL fragrance, and I genuinely cannot get enough of it. It's fun, and I feel it is a great aroma to represent the bustling virtual world. 10/10, I'm hooked.
16th October, 2015
Nice & Fruity.

08th February, 2014 (last edited: 03rd October, 2014)
Chartreuse Nectar is a very potent green fragrance that dries from a screecher to a very pleasant to wear leafy green scent. Is it an Aventus clone? No, definitely not. Should it be a flanker to Chez Bond? No, it starts out similarly but ends up very different from Chez Bond too. HTTPBno9 may have been inspired by the success of these two pineapple green fragrances but the differences are clear and this fragrance takes a different path towards its eventual redemption.

The opening is very green and also very fruity pineapple yellow. I don't know what new synthetic has this pinneapple freshness seen in Aventus, Chez Bond too but this odor is well deployed in this fragrance as well. I think of this opening phase as the bright green chartreuse segment which goes for awhile depending on strength of application. I recomend a light spray for best effect. The harshness of the opening bright yellow green wears down a bit and reveals heart notes that remind me of freshly cut wild brush or weeds. If you've ever followed a big brush cutter that is clearing wild weeds off the side of a country road you will recognize the scent. It is very green, liquid and alive smelling. It smells of country grasslands in the middle of summer. As this wears down the green scent becomes drier and smells a little like the freshness is tempered with a little patchouli or moss notes of some type.

There is an overall synthetic aspect to the scent here that just doesn't want to go away. But, I think I like the green smell of it. If there were not the high mark set by Aventus this fragrance would probably have many fans. I continue to enjoy it whenever I catch a whiff.

Opening: pineapple green and harsh - best to not encourage this part

Middle: green saplings and fresh cut greens

Base: dry green leaves turning to hay

From Bond's website this is how they describe the notes: "The starter notes are a high-energy mix of bright yellow bergamot, pineapple oozing with flavor, and juniper berry—evoking the outdoors. Then come the heart notes: not a traditional floral bouquet, but rather apple and blackcurrant, which usually appear as top-notes, along with fresh, clean cedarwood, which combine to underscore HTTP://’s lightness, and which also suggest a new approach to fragrance architecture. By contrast, the base notes—a blend of forest-y patchouli and moss with warm and sensual musk and amber—add seduction, durability, and depth."

I agree with this selection and description of notes and Bond has done a good job of fragrance crafting here. Following a proven pathway, yes, but the fragrance design and results have substance.

Pros: Green, potent, unique
Cons: too potent?"

20th August, 2013
Really nice fragrance, but too similar to Aventus.

I purchased an official sample of (aka HTTP) from the Bond website. Overall, I really like this scent. The pineapple note stays throughout the fragrance - from top to bottom. It also has good projection and longevity.

What I dislike about the fragrance, are two things:

1. This is too similar to Creed's Aventus. Bond already has a track record of ripping off other fragrances, especially from Creed. This just further adds to that. HTTP is basically Aventus, but with an amped up pineapple note and no smokey note. Since HTTP's price is around the same price as Aventus, to me it's a no brainer to just go with Aventus (which IMO is the better fragrance).

2. After about 10 hours, HTTP's base notes were okay, but nothing impressive. I much prefer the dry down of Aventus.

I'm still giving this fragrance 4 out of 5 stars, just because it overall smells nice and I'm rating it independent of other fragrances (such as Aventus).

Pros: Nice pineapple note that stays throughout.
Cons: Possibly another Bond ripoff of Creed, base notes not nearly as good as Aventus"

28th July, 2013

Add your review of

Shop for products online

Search Amazon for

Member images of

There are no member images of yet. Why not be the first?