Beloved Man (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseAmouage
PerfumerBernard Ellena

About Beloved Man

Beloved Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bernard Ellena

Reviews of Beloved Man

The thumbs up is as a result of my maturation on this forum showing my ability to appreciate something that is done very very well despite the fact I would not buy it. This is probably the best barber shop fragrance I have smelt. Deliciously refined and subtle which is unusual for Amouage quickly becoming slightly powdery and edgy, although back on form it projects and lasts well although bear in mind this is not beast mode, this is finesse. The edginess keeps it in the realm of day wear.
Sean Connery in polished brogues and a bowler hat springs to mind.
That said I have bought another decant maybe there is still room for further maturation.
If you want one for day and evening wear then Memoir Man is the way to go but this is beast mode. You can easily avoid the brutal mustiness described in another review by keeping it to ONE spray only. Two will get you noticed and three will clear the room.

Fragrance: 8/10
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10
20th October, 2019
I love the scent I hate the performance
When I over apply and anyone notices it, he gets impressed
Once a perfume enthusiastic guy noticed it and complemented me on that and he was a polite enough that he didn’t ask me what was it and he made it his next challenge to discover it by himself.
30th May, 2019
I will start off by saying that Amouage are most probably my favorite house. But.....Beloved is not for me!! Maybe one of if not their worst offering. The quality isn't here. It smell of a cheap lemon cleaning product.

Come on Amouage.....You can do way better than this!!!
06th March, 2018
Well, not entirely dissppointed but Beloved Man is all that Jazz from Yves Saint Laurent ... It used to be one of my favourites back in mid 90's alonge with Heritage ... and life goes on, I suppose ...
02nd February, 2017
Beloved Man has a sweet opening. I smell an almost honey like note in the opening that is pleasant. There's a floral sweetness as well and a slight bit of incense. At about two hours in, it's still sweet and is somewhat linear so far. At 5 hours in, I'm picking-up more of an incense note. It's pushing it a little more towards the Amouage house "vibe", but is not nearly as overpowering on the Amouage vibe as Memoir Man or Interlude Man which are both brutally musty. I like Beloved Man better than most of the main Amouage line. Reflection Man is also not too bad. However, the Amouage fragrance that I love is Bracken Man...far and away, Bracken is the best Amouage. However, Beloved Man is not a bad fragrance. I've rather enjoyed it today. Longevity and sillage aren't bad either. I'll keep testing it out over the next few months.
23rd December, 2016
Amouage Beloved Man is one of the less-touted fragrances amidst some of the giants that the house boasts, but I'd nonetheless heard enough good things about it from respected reviewers (and the overall consensus on it seems mostly positive) that I wanted to try it out, as I really like to the try the full spectrum of fragrances from respected houses (i.e. Amouage, Tom Ford, Creed).

Beloved Man is an aromatic with woody and citrus elements. The grapefruit and orange are, as identified, very much more evident in the opening, and it's in the opening of only a few minutes, maybe fifteen minutes at most, during which I enjoyed this the most.

After that it dried down into a woody, spicy, aromatic mix. It actually turns a little feminine (to me) with the iris and jasmine together, but the base is a little more masculine with patchouli, leather, and guaiac wood.

Unfortunately what turns me off to it slightly is the "stinky fruit" or "stale fruit" effect that I receive from it. There's a lot I like about it but too much I dislike. This is a good example of one that needs to be tried to be understood, as I cannot analogize it to anything else off of the top of my head.

Performance is decent, better than some of the lighter Amouages (but scents that I nonetheless love, like Ciel and Lyric) but certainly not on the Interlude level.

6 out of 10

AMOUAGE BELOVED MAN EAU DE PARFUM 10ML SAMPLE - TRAVEL SPRAY ATOMISER -

End Date: Tuesday Dec-17-2019 11:13:41 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.88

Member images of Beloved Man

There are no member images of Beloved Man yet. Why not be the first?