Moon Bloom (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseHiram Green
PerfumerHiram Green

About Moon Bloom

Moon Bloom is a shared / unisex perfume by Hiram Green. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Hiram Green

Reviews of Moon Bloom

Extremely lovely, photo-realistic tuberose.

Goes on green - not sweet, at all.

Then, fairly soon, becomes far sweeter via pure nectar; not sucrose.

You can tell it's all natural, as there is absolutely nothing cloying, or jarring, or hollow about it, as it flits gracefully between the three white floral notes (tuberose, jasmine and ylang ylang) and back.

Maintaining a pleasant, but not overwhelming, level of sweetness from then on.

This is not, in any way, a gourmand.

There are subtle hints of the coconut, the spices and the resins, but they are only very subtle hints.

The main story is the white flowers, all the way and especially the tuberose.

It is like sitting in a summer garden, at night.

No, I take that back - it is (at its height) like being the flowers in a summer garden, at night, yourself.

As it is so utterly focussed on the flowers, unless perhaps you are a bee, it's not really a sexy kind of fragrance.

Sensual, yes, but not what most would call sexy.

It's not at all cold, or icy, but it's not hot, either.

It's warm.

I would say it is significantly more traditionally feminine than it is masculine.

For comparison, it's less feminine than Love Tuberose, but more so than Carnal Flower (with its eucalyptus).

It is as good as Love tuberose, in a less sweet, far less gourmand way and it is better than Carnal Flower.

Or better than the latter was on me, anyway.

Sillage is not huge - probably only an arm's length, at most.

However, you will just keep on getting gorgeous little wafts of fragrance and they will always be slightly different, every time.

Meaning it's virtually impossible to get sick of it.

Longevity is good for a natural fragrance.

Maybe 12 hours, or more, to the very end; but, it will increasingly become a skin scent for the last five, or six.

So, you're probably looking at reapplying it every six, or seven, hours to maintain any real projection.

If you truly love tuberose, the completely real kind, you should definitely give this one a go.

A masterpiece.

How anyone can compare this to a suntan lotion, I have no idea?

All I can think is that their skin amps the coconut way more than mine does?

Or they only tested it, very briefly, on a paper strip and only got the green opening act?

You have to test natural fragrances on skin and for far more than five minutes.

They take you on a journey.

This isn't your typical, modern, linear, chemical, hairspray ingredient-quality fragrance, that barely changes, from beginning to end.

On the other hand, if I really can get a suntan lotion that smells even half this natural and beautiful somewhere, please do let me know where... :D

10/10.
10th March, 2019
I cannot be an impartial reviewer here since tuberose is one of my least favorite notes. So far, I am only able to tolerate it in Vero Profumo's Rozy. Here it is, unfortunately, paired with jasmine and something I'm assuming is coconut and/or fig. Regardless, the entire thing makes me feel slightly queasy and claustrophobic. This is much too sweet and overpowering and tropically FLORAL. I'm guessing, however, that if tuberose and a strong-arming jasmine are your thing, this one will be also.
02nd November, 2018
This is my perfect tuberose. Full stop. I ordered a sample to round out a sample deal, not expecting much at all, and was completely bowled over by this scent. I am not a tuberose or white floral fan in general, but this fragrance has converted me.

It goes on VERY strong, which had me scared for just a few seconds, but the scent is so good that it actually becomes a plus. This is definitely a tuberose-centric perfume, and the flower is presented in all its heady, indolic, tropical glory. There is a touch of pissiness (in a good way), and a touch of humid swampiness (again, in a good way). It has tropical sweetness that reminds me of coconut, but it's certainly not of the sickly sweet, synthetic variety, and it blends perfectly with a golden ylang note to play a supporting role to the glorious tuberose. There is also some green in this scent, which intensifies the lush, tropical forest impression Moon Bloom conjures up.

Despite its potent opening, Moon Bloom is not a loud or overbearing scent at all. It wears quite linear, which I don't mind at all, and it's very, very long lasting.

The first few times I tried this it was still freezing cold and wearing this instantly transported me to a hot, humid summer nights. I can't wait to try this in the summer heat, I expect it will be fantastic.
14th April, 2018
An invitation to look at the beauty of the moon with a starry sky.this one has sexiness,beauty and warmth, captures the essence of the charming woman, mysterious with a sultry romantic edge.one of those fragrances that you will probably wear for your own pleasure rather than for crowd pleasing.sweet tuberose and a little ylang ylang with a splash of coconut and green notes.Bewitching,Floral,Feminine, Sublime,Pleasurable,Smooth,Sensuous and Absolutely Gorgeous.

The Flowers make up the core of the scent with tuberose,jasmine and ylang ylang weaving their alchemic spell,with lighter notes of coconut,resin and spices layered above to add hints of light to the heart of the dark revealing the secrets of after-dark,night blooming and reflecting the smoldering sensuality like the moon reflecting on the water on a late summer night.in fact the tuberose dries down,jasmine takes over.great in every woman's closet bewitching.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Satisfactory on my skin.

7.25/10
04th September, 2016
I can appreciate this scent even though it is not my style. The floral notes are rich and opulent, and the resins and spices are very well done and add complexity and intrigue.
I find that ylang-ylang dominates in the early going, and then buttery/fleshy tuberose takes over. I think the jasmine is overpowered by these more aggressive floral notes and thus I don't get much of it. Coconut + green notes suggest fig to me. The spices and resins remind me of MPG's Eau des Iles. And overall, this is clearly a tropical sort of scent -- something in the style that Comptoir Sud Pacifique used to do, before they sold out to the vanilla-crazed mass market.
17th May, 2016 (last edited: 16th May, 2016)
rbaker Show all reviews
The top notes are absolutely delicious, consisting mainly of an unadulterated jasmine and, in the foreground, a gorgeous tuberose of rare exquisite distinction. This is a light, fresh and pure tuberose, of natural purity and without any waxy heaviness, just stunning. The drydown has a lovely ylang-ylang added, and a gentle spicy peach impression dominates the latter stages.

Overall this is a tuberose-centred light and slightly spicy brightly floral composition, with moderate sillage and eight hours of longevity on my skin. The most impressive feature is the natural beauty and outstanding quality of the exquisite ingredients - no fake tricks here! Who says natural ingredients can't have good staying power? 3.5/5
02nd January, 2016

Add your review of Moon Bloom

Shop for Moon Bloom products online

Member images of Moon Bloom

There are no member images of Moon Bloom yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Moon Bloom