Polo Red (2013)

HouseRalph Lauren
PerfumerOlivier Gillotin
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Red

Polo Red is a masculine fragrance by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Gillotin

Polo Red fragrance notes

Reviews of Polo Red

One venti decaf
Red Berry Cool White Powder
Polo latte please.
19th September, 2017
A slight thumbs up for Polo Red. It doesn't have the revered place in my heart that original Polo Green has, and it never will. My son says it smells like Skittles, and I can see where he's coming from. It is very sweet as others have mentioned, and does have a candy vibe going on. I don't mind spraying a very small spritz on one wrist and wearing it around once in a while, but I would never overspray this one. I tested the Polo Red Intense at the Polo outlet store and actually preferred it to regular Polo Red. I need to get a sample of Red Intense.
04th September, 2017
Boring, cheap-smelling crap.
11th May, 2017
Just got this as one of four perfumes in a RL gift set, and I must say, this is the one I prefer the least.

I like the scent, but I don't like it on me. The reason herefore is that I'm not too keen on sweet male scents. This is a bit spicy, and I wouldn't place it as a feminine scent at all, but it is very sweet. Just for the hell of it, I wore it a couple of times, and I couldn't really get passed the sweetness of it. If one likes sweet scents, I'd definitely recommend it, 'cause it does smell good, it's just not for me.

Also, I wouldn't view this as an everyday-perfume; both because it's quite powerful (and this means that everyone will notice it), and because it's a very special scent. I wore it on two dates, and I think that is the most appropriate occasion to wear it on. It is very much of a "Don Juan"-scent, and a lot of women like it, so if it fits you - wear it when you want to impress the ladies!

Longevity was great on me, and so was projection. But that's the case with all quality-perfumes I wear, so I can't really be general about this.

Just the smell: 6/10
All in all: 4/10

01st February, 2017
I actually like this one. I'm seeing conflicting reviews on here. But for the price point, it really isn't bad. Perhaps it's more mediocre to a trained (or spoiled) nose, but I'd say it gets some points in the uniqueness category. And I HAVE gotten compliments wearing this from female friends after hugs. It's not overpowering. I'd honestly consider it a safe scent, as they had to be fairly close to notice it. And this was after about 5-6 hours, meaning longevity is decent.

Starts off very honey sweet and a little floral. First time I sprayed it, it reminded me of something edible..... like a sweet pastry..... a jelly-filled donut, perhaps. Then it dries down to something a little spicier and woody, but still has a bit of that sweet floral quality.
04th December, 2016
Get it? All the ingredients are red-ish! That must mean they perform in perfect harmony.

In reality, Polo Red spreads itself thin stylistically and the well-traveled coffee and amber base is just positively scarred by the irreconcilable tangy fruit opening. The herbal components aren't too bothersome (they are barely present). Altogether, Red just smells like two disparate fragrance briefs poured into a single bottle and the outcome is gross. Longevity and projection run away with your money at about the twenty minute mark.
08th April, 2016

Add your review of Polo Red

Shop for Polo Red products online

Search Amazon for Polo Red

Member images of Polo Red

There are no member images of Polo Red yet. Why not be the first?