Boutonnière No.7 (2012)

HouseArquiste
PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
SupplierGivaudan

About Boutonnière No.7

Boutonnière No.7 is a masculine fragrance by Arquiste. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Boutonnière No.7 fragrance notes

Reviews of Boutonnière No.7

rbaker Show all reviews
This is first and foremost about gardenia. Initially freshened up with a brightish vetiver and an orangey citrus undertone, it declares its gardenia-dominance in the drydown. This gardenia is quite subdued, less overt than in Creed's Fleurs de Gardenia and less direct and punchy than in Robert Piguet's version

The base adds a light musky element, but otherwise there is always the gardenia that peters out gradually. No carnation or rose despite the name.

The sillage is soft, the projection good and I get six hours of longevity.

A pleasant daytime spring scent, not bad but a tad unexciting and colourless on my skin. 2.75/5.
15th February, 2016
I really love it! Has almost a hint of licorice and smells true to the flower. It's very masculine because of the green notes, a little sourness brings it down from just straight floral
13th November, 2015
Genre: Floral

The convincing gardenia top note alone is almost worth the price of admission; I only wish I enjoyed everything that follows half as much. The gardenia is evanescent and subsides within a few minutes on the skin. What remains is a loud, sour vetiver, citrus, and generic green floral accord, anchored by an especially abrasive woody aromachemical. This last is probably included to make the fragrance smell “masculine,” but instead grates on my sensibilities like an ill-tuned violin. Spraying Boutonnière No. 7 on fabric extends the life of the gardenia accord, but perversely accentuates the nasty woody base note as well. I so want to like this fragrance, but instead I find it frustrating and disappointing by turns. I think I’ll go light my Frédéric Malle Gardenia la Nuit candle as consolation.
08th July, 2014
Five minutes of gardenia approximation followed by hours of standard white floral in a transparent and somewhat flat style. Surely not the intended effect of the charming marketing back story.

14th May, 2014
This starts out as a crisp, green-white floral with a touch of citrus. A few minutes in, a big white floral accord emerges; there's definitely gardenia here, but also a little jasmine. For the first hour or two, it puts me in mind of a softer, more smooth-around-the-edges version of Jardenia or Tawaf, with a projection to rival both. After this, it becomes more of a warm & creamy, but clean gardenia, with none of the blue cheese or mushroom notes. The base is slightly mossy, & here it turns more green again, fading but still present after nine hours.
There's no denying that this is a truly lovely gardenia fragrance. lt appears to be aimed at the masculine end of the market, but l find it absolutely feminine enough for me to wear. lt also reminds me, at a certain point in the drydown, of one of my very favourite spring florals, Un Matin d'Orage. l adore gardenia, & l'm very fussy about gardenia perfumes, having tried quite a few that missed the mark. This is one l would be delighted to find in my collection.
04th April, 2014
I really wanted to like No. 7, but I really don't. It is gardenia all right, totally gardenia all the time, and it's not a gardenia for men. It may be for a dandy, but the dandy in this case is Garbo in mens' clothes. I so hoped the floral would counterpoise the vetiver, and create something truly special, but no. It is a totally modern fragrance with allusions, very slight allusions, to an earlier time. It makes me think not just of Garbo in drag, but Marcel Proust, mulling over "Swan's Way" and wondering who would be taking him to dinner that night. Something like this may have been the scent of his handkerchief but I think his would have been a bit stronger and a bit more enigmatic.
28th January, 2014 (last edited: 13th February, 2014)

Add your review of Boutonnière No.7

Shop for Boutonnière No.7 products online

ARQUISTE parfumeur Boutonniere No. 7 Eau de Parfum NIB green floral unisex

End Date: Wednesday Apr-3-2019 23:00:28 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $165.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Boutonnière No.7

There are no member images of Boutonnière No.7 yet. Why not be the first?