Fate Man (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseAmouage
PerfumerKarine Vinchon-Spehner

About Fate Man

Fate Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Karine Vinchon-Spehner

Reviews of Fate Man

Good lord, what a mess...

Being an avid user of the most heavy spicy orientals, male and all, I expected Fate to be exceptional.

One has to be a cumin addict to appreciate this.
The stuff which usually makes me sick are suffocatingly indolic flowers.
I have entered new territory here, where cumin, with slight immortelle, incense and licorice added, gave me a splitting headache within 5 minutes to be followed by a nausea which threw all previously experienced nausea overboard.

Kudos to those who love it.
30th January, 2020
This is my old review during my misguided naive impressionable youth as a reviewer:

If this got up Collin Maynard's nose one of the nicest guys here on basenotes (from the quality and good energy in his reviews) then you know something is not right.
This is essentially redundant. Its a boozy tobacco which is short lasting and not very potent and is hopelessly outclassed by Amouage's own Journey Man and by Roja's Fetish. The latter starts off strong but settles into a subtle deliciousness which is makes it the pick of the three here unless you like loudness then go for JM. Two winners so you can't loose.

Fragrance: 6.75/10
Projection: 6.75/10
Longevity: 6/10

In order to leave truly accurate and insightful reviews you need experience, comparing and returning and reconsidering.
Even the best can be wrong so not having the temerity to claim to be in the upper echelons as Collin Maynard and other esteemed members are I can now say we have all been horribly mistaken.
Fate Man is quite simply the best I have tried.
Masculine and fresh without a hint of the Amouage heaviness.
It is not a cumin bomb although there was one horrible instant after reading repeated comments about curry that I almost agreed but I have not since been afflicted with this unworthy misperception. An illusion of the halo effect let us say. Distorted perception influenced by the opinion of others.
This is genius. Mandarin, ginger, incense, cumin, frankinscence and cedar and its fairly linear with ginger and incense burning off becoming slightly more herbal but not terminally so.
This is the quickest full bottle purchase I have made.
The closest is Roja's Fetish but its a bit harsher and more uncompromising and quite simply not as pleasurable or as wearable.
Amouage's Journey Man is excellent and another full bottle purchase but they are not comparable. Journey Man is more a special occasion or very cold day scent , heavier while at the same time clean cut with the best tobacco note I have ever experienced.

Fragrance: 9.5/10 well nothing is perfect and neither should it be otherwise there can be no progress. But this is my choice for now as the closest anything has come.
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10

This is my cold month signature scent.
14th September, 2019 (last edited: 14th March, 2020)
On my skin I initially get mostly liquorice, and a boozy scent, then I recognize cumin and incense, and light floral notes. It reminds me of Tom Ford Tobacco Oud. After a while, it becomes very dry, and evokes l'Air du Désert Marocain. A very nice scent.
14th January, 2019
So disappointing! I had really high hopes for Fate Man, but on me it is a very synthetic mixture of Alien Eau Extraordinaire and Platinum Egoiste: completely dominated by white musk. Very powerful and long lasting, with strong sillage - which is great if you like the fragrance.
27th October, 2018
Kaern Show all reviews
Cumin and Everlasting Flower -- hard to tone that accord down and Fate Man just lashes it up.

I find it totally unbalanced and difficult to wear.
30th July, 2018
Have had this one for six hours. The open is not nice for me. I smelled pungent cumin and citrus for about 40 minutes. However, the middle is sexy, rich and enticing with a sweet resinous scent. It has fairly strong sillage. I will not buy this again. It is a bit too manly for me, but I want to sniff this on a man, after that opening blast fades. I rank it a 7 out of 10.
30th March, 2017

AMOUAGE FATE FOR MEN TYPE- 2.5 oz EAU DE PARFUM - EDP -BEST DUPE OUT THER

End Date: Wednesday Jun-3-2020 8:30:28 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.99

Member images of Fate Man

There are no member images of Fate Man yet. Why not be the first?