Gold Rose Oudh (2013)
    by Tiziana Terenzi

Average Rating:

Gold Rose Oudh Fragrance Notes

Gold Rose Oudh information

Gold Rose Oudh is a unisex fragrance by Tiziana Terenzi. The scent was launched in 2013

Reviews of Gold Rose Oudh

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

SexySmells's avatar

Bergamot, Fir, Ember, Sand Accord.
    Rose, Patchouli, Black Pepper.
    Oudh, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Honey.

After reading numerous reviews, with almost all extolling Gold Rose Oudh to be a top tier player in its genre, I pulled the trigger blind, once again because........well, what else could I do? Should I have used common sense and obtained a sample first like I always recommend to others? In my case, the answer is yes........but probably not for the reasons you think.

Gold Rose Oudh is a quality Spicy Rose creation, so that's a good thing. On the flip side, Gold Rose Oudh is the same pattern I've smelled time and time again, well made or not. The listed notes are here that I wanted, but the tuning is for a song that simply wouldn't make it to my playlist anymore, well played or not.

I suppose that, in a nutshell, my wearings of Gold Rose Oudh have afforded me the experience of Peppery Rose and Oud. In a genre that has kind of run its course for me, I held out hope that the Amber and Honey would be up front, pronounced and steer this into sweet and slightly feral territory. It was not to be however and as well done as this uncomplicated fragrance is, it's simply another expensive rehash for me.

I get Rose. I get Pepper......and I also get oud. This just so happens to be the variety that morphs into a mild B.O. quality on my skin. It is mild and it takes 30 minutes or longer to come to fruition, but it's there nonetheless. I'm persuaded that others have not had this experience or else they would have said so.

So, I'm bucking the trend here and stating Gold Rose Oudh is a nicely done run-of-the-mill Spicy Rose with woods. Sillage is moderate at best with longevity approximately 4 hours before becoming a close scent. Neutral rating from SS with a strong recommendation to try before you buy.

04th March, 2015

ClaireV's avatar

Ireland Ireland

I’m just going to come out and say it: of all the rose-oud combinations that currently exist (and it is a very crowded field), Rose Gold Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi is by far the best. It is one of those fragrances that is so blindingly good that it makes you want to throw about a dozen bottles out of your collection and start again from scratch. It makes me regret the lesser versions of this genre that I’ve settled for over the last few years. But it also gets me excited about a style (rose-oud-patchouli combinations) that I thought had no gas left in the tank.

The opening is bright with bergamot and has a slightly camphorous, bitter green edge from the fir – it has the effect of snapping you to full attention. The oud used here is dry and woody, with none of the overtly medicinal overtones of the Montale-style oud, and fairly explodes in combination with a fleshy rose and a rich, chocolate-like patchouli. Everything about this central rose-oud-patchouli accord is rich, bright, and vivid - vibrating in all directions. I don’t know what ember is, but there is something very resinous here too that adds a necessary backbone to the whole thing. You get the sense, somehow, that the perfume is alive, as if someone has reached in and finally figured out how to animate the basic skeleton of the rose-oud structure, fluffing it out to its full potential.

I tested it again with Black Aoud on my other wrist, and I can say that the central difference is this: whereas Black Aoud has an impressive start, it drifts off into a soapy-white musk drydown that feels a bit flat and one-dimensional, whereas Rose Gold Oudh stays bright, golden, resinous, rich, and vibrant all the way through, from top to tail. Surprisingly, Rose Gold Oudh is also far more animalic in feel and tone than Black Aoud – and this animalism breathes yet more life into an already ‘alive’ fragrance. The drydown is a gorgeous and pleasant surprise. Unlike many of its peers in this category which drift into a soapy, musky, slightly boring ending (Black Aoud, as mentioned, but also Rose Nacree du Desert, and St. Dupont’s Rose et Oud), Rose Gold Oudh has a drydown characterized by a dry, resinous amber-benzoin combination and warm honey. It’s not the usual place for a rose-oud to end up, but it feels like a very good idea. It is sensual, rounded, ambery and ‘full’ in feel.

In other words, while somebody certainly didn’t stint on the quality of raw materials used in this fragrance, it is also clear that there was a skilled hand here in guiding this fragrance through its transition from its bright, camphorous start to its animalic, rich, woody-rose heart, and then finally into its amber-honey base. In a corner of the crowded rose-oud-patchouli field, someone decided – finally – not to just phone it in. For which I am very glad.

04th December, 2014

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

What a Fantastic Complex Fragrance made of rose, oud and several other top quality notes with superb longevity.

I absolutely recommend a try and if you like it, get the pretty golden bottle.

28th October, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Must say I have never been a fan of oud scents, as they all smell pretty much the same to me, and I am honestly not a fan of "that" prominent note. This one instead, together with M7, Dior's Leather Oud, a couple of Montale and another couple of Arabian cheapos, is one of the very few which I admit I quite like. Basically, it's extremely well-made, with extremely high-quality materials, as far as I can tell. The agar wood note is superb: rich, vibrant, dense, with a lot of natural, raw nuances, finally really "woody" and not only a monotone rubbery smell. Really pleasant and realistic, surely dark and austere, but full of organic richness, mysticism, and elegance. The same for the main counterpart – the rose note, whose darker, carnal side perfectly integrates with oud. Rose here bears many facets as well: it's incredibly aromatic, resinous, fruity and velvety, so tasty it's almost edible. And incredibly vibrant and bright. I also detect pepper and a herbal-mossy note of fir balsam, which adds a balsamic "resinous woodiness" to the blend. Really evocative, charming and full of beauty, it gets more and more irresistible as minutes pass, with a splendid fruity, sensual, captivating, at the same time narcotic and lively floral-woody aroma that emerges with increasing sharpness and brightness. Still with a lot of nuances, which then evolve into some more dark, animalic, musky and carnal notes, with a subtle honey note floating underneath. An incredible harmony rotating around the rose-oudh central bone accord. Still, there is no "opulence" or excessive manierism: it's all about nuances, facets and "breezes", more than thickness or complexity. All is crisp and surprisingly simple, it's more a matter of materials which are - or at least, appear - so natural they carry their organic richness. Sophisticated, dense, somehow luscious and somehow innocent, relaxed but captivating. The drydown unexpectedly gets more ambery and dusty, still woody and somehow narcotic, just softer and extremely velvety. One of the best ouds I've ever tried, and more generally, a great scent, surely worth at least a try.

8,5/10

11th June, 2014 (Last Edited: 17th February, 2015)

drseid's avatar

Gold Rose Oudh opens with a dominant slightly raspberry jammy rose light as air supported by sharp green bergamot citrus. As the composition enters its early heart the airy rose remains the star, now supported by a relatively refined Oud and patchouli tandem with hints of underlying green fir and some of the slightly sweet honey rising from the base. During the late dry-down the rose and Oud slowly recede though never completely disappear as the slightly sweet honey takes over as star with subtle dry amber support remaining through the finish. Projection is excellent to outstanding and longevity excellent at about 12 hours on skin.

The rose, Oud and patchouli trio is such a classic combination that it is hard not to yawn when yet another rendition is released (no matter how competent). It is all too easy to dismiss Gold Rose Oudh as just that... but there really is more to this composition than its surface classic structure indicates. The first thing notably different than the norm is its sharp green underlying nature immediately noticeable at the open through the deft use of bergamot citrus in an unexpectedly different way, furthered by an infusion of coniferous fir later in the early heart. Just when one may feel the composition has revealed all its secrets the late dry-down comes seemingly out of nowhere, turning it into a dry honey and amber driven affair through the finish. The bottom line is the $145 per 100 ml bottle Gold Rose Oudh does little to plow new ground for the crowded classic rose, patch, Oud genre, but its brilliant execution and subtle nuances throughout distinguish it, earning the composition an "excellent" 4 stars out of 5 and a strong recommendation.

15th February, 2014

Darvant's avatar

I'm particularly impressed by the artisanal knowledge and the ancient craftsmanship swirling behind the marvellous Tiziana Terenzi's creations. The quality is utterly genuine and veritable, the vegetable waxes (implemented in the candles appointment), as well as the genuine materials and the olfactory fire power, open new sensorial horizons for our nose. What a magnificent rose/aoud combo this fragrance is!! Really. Gold Rose Oudh is another winner and an "ambiental" new release arousing ultra-sensorial atmosphere and almost somnolent (I mean narcotic) warmth around. I have to say anyway that this versatile and multifaceted aroma is also at once vibrant and temperamental, combining such a sensorial bliss effect, with classic luxuriousness and modern daring (almost brash) dynamism. A fragrance full of diverse "sides" I would say. The ethereal rosey subtleness is finally extreme in a musky, boise and honeyed (really honeyed, almost creamy and anyway ambery) way. The first blast is a more than vague conjuration about the compelling Montale Black Aoud's beginning (aoud, patchouli, citrus, musk, labdanum, rose, may be also saffron in common), so angular, somewhat massive/retro, medicinal, deep and spicy (even more spicy than Black Aoud and soon more aromatic and rosey). This beginning is probably less rooty (less powerful over the rooty patchouli element) but more spicy (really peppery under my nose) than the Black Aoud's introduction which is anyway really so close to this initial Gold Rose Oudh's phase. The cypress presence (combined with musk and labdanum) provides by soon a diffused mossy/boise aura around which is spicy and exotic while the note of bergamot (in its royal classic connection with patchouli) imprints a luxurious (almost vintage/decadent) vibe to olfactory fatigue. I detect by soon a really carnal and intimate deep resinous rosey vibe which is simply irresistible, mild but almost salty/organic (actually ambery/woody) at once. Probably the landmark ember presence (joined with pepper, sand and animalic notes) provides this vibrant, carnal, almost bursting effect which turns immediately this aroma out in a really erotic way. The rosey resinous bold combination keeps on to be penetrating and carnal throughout, becoming anyway gradually smoother and creamier with a final dark rose/honey/amber/sandalwood dry down simply to die for (profound, woody, intimate, daring, exotic, erotic, decadent and mystic). The amber/sandalwood accord in particular provides warmth and intimacy while the Black Aoud's dry down was more properly musky (creamy musky) and less woody/honeyed in my opinion (a tad drier). One of the best rose/aoud combo ever created in my opinion and a terrific new release to recommend around to all those wishing to appear bold and elevated. Compliments Mr. Paolo Terenzi. Unisex. Powerful longevity and really great projection over my italian skin :-).
    P.S:
    I have to say that the more I try this wonderful fragrance on my skin the more I crave for it. Really. Gold Rose Oudh jumped immediately on the top pics of my ouds preferences reflecting (on the olfactory path) the intellectual depth of its creator. The oudh quality is in my opinion one of the best around. Wait the dry down please, It's gorgeous, so organic, intimate and pheromonical. Great.

06th February, 2014 (Last Edited: 12th February, 2014)

Add your review of Gold Rose Oudh

Member images of Gold Rose Oudh

There are no member images of Gold Rose Oudh yet. Why not be the first?