Gold Rose Oudh (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseTiziana Terenzi
PerfumerPaolo Terenzi

About Gold Rose Oudh

Gold Rose Oudh is a shared / unisex perfume by Tiziana Terenzi. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Paolo Terenzi

Gold Rose Oudh fragrance notes

Reviews of Gold Rose Oudh

This fragrance is another add to the list of oud, rose and patchouli combo (something like Montale Black Oud as a good example) with exactly the same DNA and smell but something here is different and that's very heavy dose of patchouli that stays strong all the way through.

The opening is a very pungent and kind of aromatic patchouli note along with some oud, very soft rose in the background and small dose of sweetness.
If you've tested many oud plus rose based fragrances, the opening will be something completely familiar to your nose but as I said patchouli here dominating completely over the scent.

As time passes oud is almost gone, patchouli settles down a little bit but still it's the dominating note while rose gets stronger and scent gets sweeter in vanilla/amber way.
Smells fine and in my opinion more masculine than "Black Oud" because of stronger and more earthy patchouli note but it's still something the same.
There is nothing new and different about it.
Projection is strong and longevity is 8-10 hours easy on the skin.
17th April, 2015
Bergamot, Fir, Ember, Sand Accord.
Rose, Patchouli, Black Pepper.
Oudh, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Honey.

After reading numerous reviews, with almost all extolling Gold Rose Oudh to be a top tier player in its genre, I pulled the trigger blind, once again because........well, what else could I do? Should I have used common sense and obtained a sample first like I always recommend to others? In my case, the answer is yes........but probably not for the reasons you think.

Gold Rose Oudh is a quality Spicy Rose creation, so that's a good thing. On the flip side, Gold Rose Oudh is the same pattern I've smelled time and time again, well made or not. The listed notes are here that I wanted, but the tuning is for a song that simply wouldn't make it to my playlist anymore, well played or not.

I suppose that, in a nutshell, my wearings of Gold Rose Oudh have afforded me the experience of Peppery Rose and Oud. In a genre that has kind of run its course for me, I held out hope that the Amber and Honey would be up front, pronounced and steer this into sweet and slightly feral territory. It was not to be however and as well done as this uncomplicated fragrance is, it's simply another expensive rehash for me.

I get Rose. I get Pepper......and I also get oud. This just so happens to be the variety that morphs into a mild B.O. quality on my skin. It is mild and it takes 30 minutes or longer to come to fruition, but it's there nonetheless. I'm persuaded that others have not had this experience or else they would have said so.

So, I'm bucking the trend here and stating Gold Rose Oudh is a nicely done run-of-the-mill Spicy Rose with woods. Sillage is moderate at best with longevity approximately 4 hours before becoming a close scent. Neutral rating from SS with a strong recommendation to try before you buy.
04th March, 2015
My FIRST FULL BOTTLE of this extrait perfume arrived and I am in love! Standing out from the many other rose oudh perfumes currently on the market, Gold Rose Oudh is wearable and a beautiful entree for anyone wanting to try a floral-rose-oudh perfume.

The initial notes of this perfume are intense chypre with spicy, almost harsh balsam, evergreen, moss, IMHO. I detect bergamot, fir-tree, moss, evergreen & earthy notes that eventually recede but remain throughout the entire application. Within 3-5 minutes, the opening morphs into mid-notes that land HARD. After the initial application, I definitely smell strong notes of oudh, Bulgarian rose, earth, patchouli, moss, woody resins, HONEY & AMBER & DIRT. At times, the middle practically smells fecal & cloying. At times, the mid-notes are DIFFICULT to take, smelling like a sour & moldy, messy mixture.

Stay with the fragrance because the dry-down is where the true magic begins. Becoming perfectly balanced, the dry-down and base notes of this fragrance are lovely. Pulling off what (at times) seems like an impossibility, the entire fragrance DOES settle down into a perfectly balanced mixture of chypre, honey-amber, faint rose, oudh, other woods & musk. Woodsy, musk-y, earthy, creamy, resinous & rich, I also detect some powdery notes during dry-down. I must say the subtly added honey-amber notes, as well as the perfect addition of musk contribute to the balance, warmth and well-rounded, almost creamy ethereal nature of this fragrance. Leaning towards the feminine side, I cannot imagine this perfume on a guy.

Initially uncertain, I am thrilled I purchased a full bottle of Gold Rose Oudh for under $200! If you love oudh & rose fragrances, please give this fragrance time! I am so glad I did! A lighter, somewhat "younger" version and more affordable alternative to Frederic Malle Potrait of a Lady (which I love but $$$$$$), as well as By Killian Rose Oud ($$$$$$$), this fragrance drew me in and I'm glad it did! Gold Rose Oudh DOES have a lot going on but the dry-down is lovely!

I thought for my tastes, I preferred a rose-oud fragrance to be complex but (perhaps) a bit more straight-forward, simplistic and linear in the end than TT Gold Rose Oudh. But I am loving this fragrance a lot!
03rd March, 2015 (last edited: 26th March, 2015)
I’m just going to come out and say it: of all the rose-oud combinations that currently exist (and it is a very crowded field), Rose Gold Oudh by Tiziana Terenzi is by far the best. It is one of those fragrances that is so blindingly good that it makes you want to throw about a dozen bottles out of your collection and start again from scratch. It makes me regret the lesser versions of this genre that I’ve settled for over the last few years. But it also gets me excited about a style (rose-oud-patchouli combinations) that I thought had no gas left in the tank.

The opening is bright with bergamot and has a slightly camphorous, bitter green edge from the fir – it has the effect of snapping you to full attention. The oud used here is dry and woody, with none of the overtly medicinal overtones of the Montale-style oud, and fairly explodes in combination with a fleshy rose and a rich, chocolate-like patchouli. Everything about this central rose-oud-patchouli accord is rich, bright, and vivid - vibrating in all directions. I don’t know what ember is, but there is something very resinous here too that adds a necessary backbone to the whole thing. You get the sense, somehow, that the perfume is alive, as if someone has reached in and finally figured out how to animate the basic skeleton of the rose-oud structure, fluffing it out to its full potential.

I tested it again with Black Aoud on my other wrist, and I can say that the central difference is this: whereas Black Aoud has an impressive start, it drifts off into a soapy-white musk drydown that feels a bit flat and one-dimensional, whereas Rose Gold Oudh stays bright, golden, resinous, rich, and vibrant all the way through, from top to tail. Surprisingly, Rose Gold Oudh is also far more animalic in feel and tone than Black Aoud – and this animalism breathes yet more life into an already ‘alive’ fragrance. The drydown is a gorgeous and pleasant surprise. Unlike many of its peers in this category which drift into a soapy, musky, slightly boring ending (Black Aoud, as mentioned, but also Rose Nacree du Desert, and St. Dupont’s Rose et Oud), Rose Gold Oudh has a drydown characterized by a dry, resinous amber-benzoin combination and warm honey. It’s not the usual place for a rose-oud to end up, but it feels like a very good idea. It is sensual, rounded, ambery and ‘full’ in feel.

In other words, while somebody certainly didn’t stint on the quality of raw materials used in this fragrance, it is also clear that there was a skilled hand here in guiding this fragrance through its transition from its bright, camphorous start to its animalic, rich, woody-rose heart, and then finally into its amber-honey base. In a corner of the crowded rose-oud-patchouli field, someone decided – finally – not to just phone it in. For which I am very glad.
04th December, 2014
What a Fantastic Complex Fragrance made of rose, oud and several other top quality notes with superb longevity.

I absolutely recommend a try and if you like it, get the pretty golden bottle.

28th October, 2014
Must say I have never been a fan of oud scents, as they all smell pretty much the same to me, and I am honestly not a fan of "that" prominent note. This one instead, together with M7, Dior's Leather Oud, a couple of Montale and another couple of Arabian cheapos, is one of the very few which I admit I quite like. Basically, it's extremely well-made, with extremely high-quality materials, as far as I can tell. The agar wood note is superb: rich, vibrant, dense, with a lot of natural, raw nuances, finally really "woody" and not only a monotone rubbery smell. Really pleasant and realistic, surely dark and austere, but full of organic richness, mysticism, and elegance. The same for the main counterpart – the rose note, whose darker, carnal side perfectly integrates with oud. Rose here bears many facets as well: it's incredibly aromatic, resinous, fruity and velvety, so tasty it's almost edible. And incredibly vibrant and bright. I also detect pepper and a herbal-mossy note of fir balsam, which adds a balsamic "resinous woodiness" to the blend. Really evocative, charming and full of beauty, it gets more and more irresistible as minutes pass, with a splendid fruity, sensual, captivating, at the same time narcotic and lively floral-woody aroma that emerges with increasing sharpness and brightness. Still with a lot of nuances, which then evolve into some more dark, animalic, musky and carnal notes, with a subtle honey note floating underneath. An incredible harmony rotating around the rose-oudh central bone accord. Still, there is no "opulence" or excessive manierism: it's all about nuances, facets and "breezes", more than thickness or complexity. All is crisp and surprisingly simple, it's more a matter of materials which are - or at least, appear - so natural they carry their organic richness. Sophisticated, dense, somehow luscious and somehow innocent, relaxed but captivating. The drydown unexpectedly gets more ambery and dusty, still woody and somehow narcotic, just softer and extremely velvety. One of the best ouds I've ever tried, and more generally, a great scent, surely worth at least a try.

8,5/10
11th June, 2014 (last edited: 17th February, 2015)

Add your review of Gold Rose Oudh

Shop for Gold Rose Oudh products online

Search Amazon for Gold Rose Oudh

Member images of Gold Rose Oudh

There are no member images of Gold Rose Oudh yet. Why not be the first?