L'Homme Parfum Intense (2013)
by Yves Saint Laurent

L'Homme Parfum Intense information

Year of Launch2013

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme Parfum Intense

L'Homme Parfum Intense is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2013

L'Homme Parfum Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Homme Parfum Intense

Love this cologne! I can pick it up right away if a man is wearing this around me. Strong, sexy, deep suede scent that settles nicely.
16th November, 2017
I really had high hopes for 'L'Homme' Parfum Intense, as the original and 'Intense' versions of YSL's 'L'Homme' really suffered in the performance category. Sadly, this Eau de Parfum concentration is also a very poorly performance fragrance.

The initial blast is a lovely mix of amber, spices, cedarwood and orange, very sensual and intimate without being offensive or over the top. This could work for both men and women. It really smells wonderful and really excited me for the drydown.

As it settled in, I got mainly amber, woods and a touch of sweetness. And into the drydown all I got was amber and subtle woods. Gone were any sweetness or citrus notes.

With even a liberal dose of a dozen sprays (neck, chest, wrists, and shoulders), I am only getting three to five hours of longevity, with about eight hours on clothes and maybe a day on fabrics.

The projection and sillage for the first hour is very good, but it dies down really fast afterwards. By the third hour, it doesn't project at all and stays very close to the skin. No one will smell you unless they bury their face into your neck or wherever you sprayed this. After four hours, they won't even smell you doing that.

For an EDP concentration, this scent is very weak and performs very poorly. The price just doesn't justify the performance for this. If it was much cheaper, i could at least rate it a neutral. But this is a premium priced designer scent from YSL, and i expect much more from this brand.

Performance is highly rated on my reviews, so I just can't give this a positive review, no matter how great it smells for the first couple hours. It seems like all the 'L'Homme' fragrances from YSL suffer from very poor performance, and this scent is no different.
25th May, 2017
Well, my first ever review.

I went to Sephora last year and asked one of the ladies if she would recommend a good men's cologne. This girl gives me a smile and proceeds to spray a piece of paper for me. I instantly fall in love with the smell and thought: "Fuck, this was way too easy.". So I ask her to offer me a few different colognes and none made me smile like the first one she sprayed. She offers to make me up a sample and I walk out of the store and immediately spray the sample on myself when I get to my car. I can't get this stupid smile off my face, I just love this fragrance. After wearing it for a few days, I rush out to buy a bottle. I look at what the Sephora girl wrote on the small fragrance bag and it said "YSL L'Homme". I never heard of this before so I bring this name with me to my local department store and ask the lady for this particular fragrance. She finds it, I buy it, and all is well..... until I get home and spray myself. I am hit with immediate disappointment. Instead of a smooth, sweet, unisex opening, I get a brash hit of sharp ginger and floral chemicals and my nose literally hurts (and brought on a mild headache). As the fragrance died down, I saw some similarities to what I smelled at Sephora, but it wasn't as deep, rich, smooth, and sweet. I kept trying this fragrance for the next few weeks and got the same disappointing result.

After pretty much giving up on this fragrance, 6 months later I casually walk into my local drug store and browse fragrances. A dark orange bottle of YSL L'Homme catches my eye and I start to wonder, "wait, what could this be? My bottle at home is a light yellow color." Then I notice the words "Parfum Intense". Hmmmmm, I walk closer and smell the atomizer. My heart races. Wait, could this be my long lost love???? I skip the paper and spray it on my wrist. My knees hit the floor and I bowed my head in euphoria (Okay, so I may be exaggerating here). I found the largest bottle I could find and proceeded to the counter like a crazed lunatic thinking he found the winning lottery ticket and must guard this with his life.

Okay, aside from my story, this is a beautiful fragrance. I like it more than the original L'Hommme by a long shot. The original L'Homme is too sharp and floral. This has florals but YSL added notes that really smooth everything out. I still get the original L'Homme DNA in here, especially after the 1 hour mark, but like I said, it's so smooth and beautiful. The added sweetness makes it a huge hit with the women in my life too. Some say it's like 1 Million. I can honestly see why they say that. The sweetness does remind me a bit of 1 Mil but it's no where near as annoying. The sweetness in 1 Mill has too much vanilla or burnt sugar. L'Homme Intense has a fruity/spicy sweetness, similar to that of an apple pie. If I would compare this to any other fragrance, it would be Armani Code Profumo. It's a similar spicy sweet vibe but Code is WAY more pronounced and powerful. Think of Code as the perfect outdoor Winter frag while L'Homme Intense is the perfect cold night snuggle scent (whether it be in the fall/winter/spring). Every time my girlfriend has her head on my chest, snuggling close to keep warm, she compliments me when I wear this and buries her head closer.

So bottom line, you want a cold weather snuggle/date scent that isn't cloying or screaming, this is it. It invites people in a gentle way to get close to you. I find I even wear this to work on very cold days and it seems to have a comforting/cozy effect on myself and those around me. Would I wear this in the summer? No. it's too sweet and I have many other frags that would fit the situation better (Aventus!, Channel Homme Sport, etc). But every other season, this is my signature (I'm in northern Canada). It's so good!

So don't listen to the haters or let them steer you away from this gem. There are almost no reviews of this. The original L'Homme and Nuit steal all the thunder from this underrated gem. And in a way this might be a good thing. No one else will smell quite like you.

So to sum it up: YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense is the THE perfect cool weather, indoor scent for work or intimate encounters with your loved one. People will want to get close. :-)

Projection? Great for the first hour. After that it gets to about 2ft for 3 hours, then it's close to the skin for the next 3 hours after that. Not perfume performance but still, the brilliant scent makes up for it. Sillage is about the same, it starts off strong and then tapers off progressively after the 1 hour mark. If you want club/outdoor performance with a similar scent, get Arani Code Profumo. I honestly like that this fragrance is not a beast performer though. I don't wanna knock my girlfriend out with a scent, I want her to want to get closer. And that's exactly what this beauty scent does.

Thanks for reading!
10th February, 2017
Too loud for me. Heavy overdose of newer notes makes the end product barely resemble the original YSL L'Homme which I really do enjoy.

Wish the cedarwood was more present; it seems covered up by the “suede”, davana essence and orange flower accords.

The fragrance does seem a little more palatable after it fades out on the skin (which takes a long time). Overall, L'Homme Parfum Intense is a different scent concept altogether compared to YSL L'Homme, a definite acquired taste due to its sheer sharpness.
30th January, 2017
This may say parfum and it may say intense but really its..edt ..anyway that's my performance rating ..the scent..very very cute ..rose ..leather wood combination that sits as a dior homme/one million type ..a female Co-worker went nuts for this scent so I guess it hits the mark with lady's but I'd take a decant out with you tho due to performance issues. I bought a 100ml in the airport and certainly don't hold back with the sprays. Interesting fade out ..becomes citric :s...one of those clever reverse scents. Update* this fragrance is superb in the winter and really comes into its own ..I spray my clothes and this seems to overcome any performance issues. I see many simularities with armani code profumo but prefer this.
28th September, 2016 (last edited: 03rd January, 2017)
This is a great scent for 2 to 3 hours. Then it's gone. The time that I get out of it is great... with performance lacking this is a slight thumbs up. Great suede start with hints of orange. Fades into a powdery suede. For the price I would say try before you buy. Enjoy!
21st September, 2016

YSL Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme L'Intense Eau De Parfum Cologne 2 oz

$33.00 (12 Bids)
End Date: Thursday Jan-17-2019 14:09:27 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

YVES SAINT LAURENT L'HOMME PARFUM INTENSE (2) *NEW, BOXED*.33fl.oz/10ml SPRAYS!

End Date: Thursday Jan-17-2019 14:14:13 PST

NIB Yves Saint Laurent L'HOMME PARFUM INTENSE Men's Travel Spray .33 oz YSL

End Date: Friday Jan-18-2019 11:42:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $16.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TRAVEL SIZE YVES SAINT LAURENT L'HOMME L'INTENSE EAU DE PARFUM 0.33 FL. OZ. 10 M

Member images of L'Homme Parfum Intense

There are no member images of L'Homme Parfum Intense yet. Why not be the first?