Bottega Veneta Pour Homme (2013)
by Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme information

Year of Launch2013

HouseBottega Veneta
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Bottega Veneta. The scent was launched in 2013

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

I love the scent, one of my favourite smell, but longevity is poor.
15th November, 2017
Nice, clean, mature office scent with average performance. This won't offend or wow anyone but it is very appropriate in an office/business setting. Might have the slightest bit of "mystery" mixed in too, not sure what it is, but it has something mildly intriguing to it.

Opens with green-spicy notes and later dries down to a clean, soapy leather. It does not project in a big way and starts to fade after about 4 hours on me, so this can be sprayed many times without any nose-fatigue or room-clearing effect.
10th August, 2017
This is one classy clean smelling cologne. The top notes are an invigorating mix of virgin forestry scents with Pine & Fir. The dry down is a nuanced blend of fresh & herbal scents with a base note of clean leather. I love it. Bottega Veneta Pour Homme is like my "on person" aromatherapy as throughout the day I get occasional gentle whiffs. Each whiff fills me with calm and just enough spiciness to perk my motivation. As far as I am concerned, office colognes don't get much better than this.
12th February, 2017
This one was a bit of a revelation for me. Not to say it's completely original, but it's such an interesting take on an older theme. As usual, Signor Maillard writes a terrific review, and he really nails it when he says that this is a contemporary version on a cologne. I have spent ages wondering about this: what is the logical relationship between older cologne type fragrances and this one, with very little overlap of notes, that makes BVPH reference them so clearly? Perhaps it is the aromatics and herbal components, perhaps the freshness, perhaps a parallel in the development of accords. Any thoughts on that, let me know.

So what makes something so referential so paradoxically revelatory? A few things: first, I can make out all of the listed notes... I mean, all of them. Too often fragrances present a melange of general stuff. But here, I can pick out the notes individually if I want to. Second, I had a completely different experience buying and using the full bottle compared to sample size atomisers. Sure, the latter was nice enough to make me grin in recognition and commit to getting a big one. But the spray of the larger bottle reveals bigger, bolder and fresher top notes than the sample could possibly provide - I would go so far as to say that this is possibly the best opening of any scent I have tried.

The fir and sage then stiffen things up, while the leather and patchouli provide a very masculine spine, from which the other accords never fully disappear.

I think for some the end might be a little on the sour side, but having checked this carefully over recent uses I would say that the patchouli adds just the right amount of spice and sweetness to the mix. Perhaps a touch more sweetness might have been desirable, but I wouldn't risk changing it. The propensity of the earlier notes to reappear in different quantities day by day just adds to the experience.

Strength, projection, and longevity calibrated just fine as far as I am concerned.

I like the bottle, personally, especially the leather trim.
09th June, 2016
An office staple for me, outstanding green opening puts a smile on my face as I get ready for the day's duties. By the time I get to work the green opening has left and what is left hard to describe but suffice to say it is quite sophisticated. This phase has garnered a compliment from the work secretary. I get good performance from it, no issues there.
04th May, 2016
BoxPred Show all reviews
I like this, full of high quality pine, fir and berries to my nose. I also get good sillage and longevity which is contrary to the majority of reviews I have read. It is also quite different from anything else I own. As has been mentioned by other reviewers this is an example of taking the more traditional style of male fragrance and making it contemporary. It is almost as if they have managed to restart a trend cycle and that is what I really like about Bottega Veneta Pour Homme. Far from the sweet modern offerings (many of which I like), it is able to reproduce the type of characteristics which made fragrances great in decades gone by. It in turn offers a versatile scent that differs from the current "mainstream" and for me it fully deserves any praise it gets. Highly recommended.
23rd March, 2016 (last edited: 16th May, 2016)

Add your review of Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Essence Aromatique 1.7OZ. EDC for Men NEW in Box

• USD $44.95
  • Time Left: 21 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Parfum Eau De Perfum 3 Fl Oz / 90 ml New in Box Sealed

• USD $69.99

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Cologne Edt 5ml Sample Travel Decant Extreme Parfum

• USD $8.99
  • Time Left: 3 days

Member images of Bottega Veneta Pour Homme

There are no member images of Bottega Veneta Pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?