Place Vendôme (2013)

PerfumerNathalie Lorson
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Place Vendôme

Place Vendôme is a feminine perfume by Boucheron. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Nathalie Lorson and Olivier Cresp

Place Vendôme fragrance notes

Reviews of Place Vendôme

Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Orange Blossom, Rose, Tangerine.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Honey, Peony, Praline.

Base Notes: Benzoin, Cedar.

I love these notes, especially the orange blossom, honey, praline, benzoin, and cedar. This is a beautiful fragrance that is slightly gourmand and extremely feminine throughout its evolution from top notes to base notes. The only complaint I have concerns performance. It performs more like a body spray than an eau de parfum. It is light and almost ethereal but delicious. I use at least six sprays anytime I wear it. It has mild projection and sillage, and longevity is poor. I get approximately three hours wear out of it, but I adore it for those three hours. If these notes appeal to you, then I highly recommend it. Just do not expect great performance.

I do not think anyone would be offended by in an office setting, but it is a romantic type of fragrance, so one may wish to reserve it for after work. Given its lightness, I think it will work best in Spring and Summer. I think very cold weather would probably mute these notes, but I look forward to testing it in the cold weather this Winter. This is definitely a winner for Bucheron. If only it had greater projection, sillage, and longevity especially.

Fragrance: 7.5/10
Projection: 5/10
Sillage: 5/10
Longevity: 5/10
29th July, 2017
The review is for Place Vendome EDT.

Yuzu always makes me fall in love at first sniff with a perfume. Osmanthus, on the other hand, as much as I appreciate the natural smell, is a tricky note in perfumes for me, like freesia. So, it wasn't perhaps really surprising that my affair with Boucheron Place Vendome EDT remained a short one: Fell in love with the slightly sugar-coated yuzu opening, the floral bouquet très chic and very French, so dreamily romantic and delicate--not only peony and rose, but jasmine and osmanthus altogether seem to have been gently dusted with a rose-coloured powder. A more eloquent person would paint the imagery this perfume evokes in richer words than myself, so I will not attempt further.
For a while, I was floating on the luminous, rosy cloud of sweet powder--and fell down when the musk began to grow larger and larger, covering the light and taking out the air, heavily laden with the powdery sweetness now threatening to cause headaches. And of course, osmanthus had emerged, adding a high-pitched tone to the overall fizziness in the base which I suspect to be Iso E Super, judging from its nose-tickling quality. It is categorised as "a woody citrus floral" on the Boucheron website, and I seem not to be the only one being reminded of Light Blue, also because of the basenote.

It remains a very chic and feminine fragrance, like a pair of intricate silver studs with rose quartz, requiring a certain fashion and occasion to be worn with; whatever the base components are, they lend this perfume a very bright 'fizz' and effervescence despite its warm and earthy powderiness, making this an adequate choice for young ladies who wish to smell mature and elegant and yet, retain a certain youthfulness.

Notes from the official site:
Top: Yuzu, Osmanthus, Peony
Middle: Iris, Rose Essence, Jasmine Petals
Base: Cedarwood, White Musk
23rd April, 2017 (last edited: 13th June, 2017)
To me this is not an oriental at all, but a delicate and beautiful floral all the way. I pick up no benzoin (which is a shame) and no cedar. What I smell in the opening is a drop-dead gorgeous honey and rose, then a lovely orange blossom and Jasmine.If this opening could last for an hour I'd give this five stars; it's that nice. But unfortunately, on me, in an hour the whole thing is gone. Completely gone.
So why did I give it four stars? Because it's a divine floral. It's chic, not sexy....and frequently we need that kind of scent. For work, for church, for weddings, for meeting the in laws..It's truly spring in a bottle. And what a bottle!!
I want this, in spite of it having no weight and not lasting. If I get it I'll just reapply every hour!! It makes me feel feminine, chic and happy. And that's pretty good!
26th June, 2015
The main trait is aroused by a jasmine/orange accord (which is spicy and probably flanked by minimal hints of red berries) standing over an honeyed oriental base (synthetic benzoin, musk and may be vanilla). The aroma is unoriginal, pungent at the beginning and almost cloying at the end (may be slightly one-dimensional too and anyway useless), it plays beyond the classic Boucheron's style as it is more leaning over a mass appealing contemporary fruity/oriental side (slightly pungent, fruity and oppressing as many others of the same category). Many aromas jump on mind with all the plain differences as a tad of Le Petit Robe Noir (which is worse than PV and comes in mind because of its similar oppressing oriental fruity vibe), Elie Saab (more rosey/honeyed/orangy and less spicy fruity and floral) and others as vaguely Lola by Jacobs for instance and 212 Summer by Carolina Herrera. I will go further for sure.
05th January, 2014

Add your review of Place Vendôme

Shop for Place Vendôme products online

Search Amazon for Place Vendôme

Member images of Place Vendôme

There are no member images of Place Vendôme yet. Why not be the first?