Les Nombres d'Or - Violette Fumée (2013)
    by Mona di Orio

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 11 ratings

Les Nombres d'Or - Violette Fumée Fragrance Notes

Les Nombres d'Or - Violette Fumée information

Originally created by Mona di Orio for her business partner Jeroen Oude Sogtoen.

Reviews of Les Nombres d'Or - Violette Fumée

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

teardrop's avatar

England England

For the first hour on my skin, this is bitter, acrid & earthy, & hits the back of my throat like the eye drops l was given as a child after eye surgery. Not one of my most pleasant childhood memories. Gradually l pick out notes of lavender, vetiver, leather & most prominently, a dark tobacco, not the sweet cherry kind. The whole strikes me as very masculine, & it's not until two hours in that l get a hint of violet, but it's far more the leaf than the sweet bloom that l smell. Very slowly it dries down to a more palatable base of vetiver with a lemony frankincense, still going faintly after nine hours.
    l was attracted to this by reviews describing it as a "smoky violet", but it did not live up to my expectations. l got nothing in the way of violet flowers, & instead of a soft wisp of smoke, l got something very unpleasantly acrid & dark. The base is much more bearable, but it takes a long time to get there. lt's a long time since l tested Black Violet, but l remember that one as being far more wearable for me.

01st August, 2014

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

In a nutshell-Violette Fumee is a beauty.
    It's very strange - all the reviews I have read of Violette Fumee so far have described progressive single notes as the perfume opens and unfolds. Having worn this for a little bit - I get no distinctive notes standing out ( apart from the obvious - violet ) but instead I get a really very blended distinctive aroma.
    Papery small violets and light woods . Aromatic , diffusive, elegant.
    On my skin, it is not especially sweet nor especially tart in any way .I get no smoke at all .
    There is a fragility about this scent - a wispiness and yet also a feeling of quiet strength . Very yin and yang- masculine and feminine. Very balanced.
    It's absolutely gorgeous .Violette Fumee just simmers gently on my skin with good longevity and average sillage I guess but the quality is just superb.
    Many thanks to Joreon Oude Sogtoen for making Violette Fumee available for us all .

01st November, 2013