Peety (2013)

Peety information

Year of Launch2013

HouseO'Driù

About Peety

The fragrance contains 49ml. It is suggested you make up the final 1ml with a drop of your own urine.

Reviews of Peety

A casual glance at the reviews available will reveal that Peety opens with a volley of ripe, rich notes – a plethora of dry floral notes, bitter citruses and herbal notes, pungent resins, smoke, darkness, beeswax.
The overall impression once the notes begin to blend is of an old wooden floor, impregnated with the dirt and polish of decades and reeking of dried urine – this last piercing, salty and cloyingly honeyed.
Fortunately, this is a transitioning phase before the true heart of this fragrance is revealed – a wild animal prowls here, one feels its hot breath and feral tang marking out its territory among the strong citrus inflected herbs and the piss-and-honey tobacco. A curious duality of plant accents – both dried out and alive – tricks the nose. The florals exist in their fatty, essential oils incarnations rather than as the airborne notes we are more used to.
I didn’t customize my sample; I feel the composition has quite enough pee of its own. I’m undecided about Peety – it gives me a strong sense of ‘trying too hard’ and I feel I have to justify what I am smelling. The aura of this perfume is complex and rich, but up close the ranker elements just fail to convince.
Peety gets rounder and sweeter in the late drydown sharing a family resemblance with some of the spicier Tauers.
15th March, 2015
This was quite nice before personalisation by urine, as directed. Thereafter, perhaps owing to the predominance of asparagus in my diet at this time of year, it smelled like the gents toilets in Soho Square.

In for a penny, in for a pound: I decided to personalise further, by defecating in the bottle. I found the aperture inconveniently small for this purpose. I adopted a 'plug and extrude' approach, which needed some considerable subsequent clean-up.

The result: Not as bad as Cool Water, but not good.
10th March, 2015
Slightly deceptive, Peety starts out on what appears to be a new path for O’Driu but then switches direction, heading instead toward more familiar aromatic territory.

The initial application reminded me a little of L’Ombre Fauve’s patchouli muskiness placed over a series of balmy notes. Initially absent was the standard aromatic blast of herbs that dominate many of the scents from this line, replaced instead with a warm and inviting coumarin kind of feel—not quite vanilla, but sweeter than tonka or benzoin. And then as if from out of nowhere, hot spicy notes and herbal flourishes come striding in positioning Peety as back in familiar territory.

While the herbs and spices start to take over, it retains some of its warmth, creating a bit of a juxtaposition. I picked up on some candied citrus upfront that reminded me a little of Bohemian Black’s herbal limoncello opening in which culinary spices and candied lemons converge. The spices are sharper and more “pink” here than in the Matriarch—more of a combination of clove, cinnamon, and pepper with a slightly sweaty cardamom lurking around as well. Subtle minty facets pop up, but I think this is perhaps residue from one of the floral notes. Once the scent has reoriented itself on this more traditional O’Driu aromatic path, it stays fairly linear and consistent throughout, wearing as quite cooling given the hot nature of some of the spices.

I’ve smelled a lot of O’Driu perfumes, and this is really the first to embrace such amber-y characteristics, and it seems to work in the scents favor. While I’m personally a bit unsure about how successfully balmy notes function when placed against sharp, almost medicinal herbs, the scent stands out from the rest of the line. It’s still O’Driu—meaning that it’s kind of weird—but this one of the more accessible scents that I’ve smelled from the brand. Of course it’s no secret by now that you’re supposed to top this scent off, but I’ve opted to pass on this part of the process so that I can focus more intently on what’s already present. I think it’s a good scent overall—one of the better from the line, but a still a few notches away from something like Lalfeogrigio.
01st July, 2014
And now even O'Driu makes a fragrance with rose. YAY!
This fragrance is definitely an oriental fragrance with completely familiar vibe in the mid and base. it's only the opening that is a little different and in my opinion the best part of the scent. the rest is same old same old vanilla, rose, patchouli which you can find .... blah blah blah!
The opening is a very nice combination of sweet and warm tonka bean with it's bitter vanilla like vibe, rose, patchouli and tobacco.
The tonka bean/vanilla and rose mix is something very common nowadays and if you've already tested just a few of them, you know what I'm talking about. we have exactly the same thing here. sweet and kind of syrupy rose which is very sensual in many people eyes.
But something here that makes things a little different and kind of interesting is tobacco and patchouli.
The patchouli is very sharp and strong and give the scent a pungent aromatic and kind of herbal edge.
The tobacco note is very well done here that give the scent beautiful dark and heavy aroma.
I believe there is also some leather here because I can feel it's present and soft smoky vibe that gives the scent.
In the mid while tobacco note starts to decay and patchouli become smoother, I can feel more sweetness and more rose.
The mid is a warm and sweet vanilla and rose combo with smoother yet sharp patchouli and very weak tobacco in the background. it's nice but something that I've smelled many times before.
In the base things got a little better. in the base tobacco is completely gone and I can feel the shadow of patchouli in the background. the sweet rose is something that you I smell easily plus very smooth animalic dirty aroma in the scent which was a nice surprise at the end.
Projection is very good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.
If you're into rose based fragrances, there is nothing exciting or different here. but at least it worth a shot to get a sample and see what "Angelo Orazio Pregoni" did with rose.
22nd May, 2014
The opening is, again, brilliant and unique: dark, velvety, in a nowhere between vanillin and frankincense, floating above a warm, thick sea of ambroxan and benzoin. Anise and liquorice on woods, with quite a number of spices, notably cloves, which Angelo seems quite fond of. Dense animalic heart, utterly sophisticated and captivating, shady and materic, with some sweet, sticky aromatic feel. Part of this you can feel it better in the sillage than close to skin. As other O'Driù scents, an abstract, compact composition which manages to smell at the same time totally pleasant, wearable and soothing, still interesting and complex. And incredibly smart. Which to me is quite a rare and precious feature, because many "avant-garde" scents smell either bad, or interesting but "un-wearable". This instead can be enjoyed as-is, or unwrapped and dissected like a magic candy. One of the really few scents around for which I'd use the term "new", and in fact, you'd better just stop reading this and just wear Peety (with or without "personalization"). Aerial and dimensional, futuristic and translucent, with the same oniric opalescence of Eva Kant, rarified and without a detectable structure, yet completely "clear" and... well, "there", hard to get and to describe with classic perfumery's terms and concepts, but perfectly "there". A really smart and fun interplay between naturals and aromachemicals, which also moves through different moods and ambients; once the opening evolves, it slowly becomes warmer and dustier, a floral heart emerges, and for a while you're close to a classic chypre, yet, as in a dream with your Charon driving you through a hall of mirrors, the chypre is destructured, appearing more linear, more abstract, more "fake", yet palpable and tasty. Rubbery tar echoes emerge too, drowned in a sticky lotion that makes them sound restrained, "mute" and pale. The fil rouge here, and also the link to other O'Driù scents, is a sharp medicinal vibe comprising vanillin and cloves, pungent and vivid like a blood-stained gauze, as if sniffing that was the key to access this surrealist, oniric, mutating gallery of realms and suggestion. The warm, dusty ambroxan base – not sure about the material, however that is how it smells to me – makes this scent a bit close to Tauer's style, I agree with Darvant below on that; although here is just more... bizarre. It's warm and soothing, but also somehow morbid. After a couple of hours an animalic note pops out again, dry and rubbery, which then drowns down again, and you're back again on that warm medicinal amber-spicy sea, with its synthetic sharpness and a dusty, geometric feel. The drydown is mostly based on this warm and dusty ambery-vanillin-medicinal accord, which is terribly sophisticated and really pleasant, and also incredibly persistent. It was with me basically the whole day. A totally consistent, dense scent, in which you hardly smell something you have already smelled elsewhere, which manages to be totally pleasant and the same time, totally and genuinely new to all extents. You just come back to smell it again and again, like something you don't want to see because you don't get it, yet you keep spying and peeping. Intriguing, versatile, refined, playful and irresistibile.

(and now comes the joke I saved there for the whole time: "I tried to pee in my sample, but I wasn't able to hit it").

8,5/10
13th May, 2014
The opening blast is amazing: a mix of dark rose, orange, jasmine and pepper form a unique, comforting but balanced experience. Then an incense-like aroma deepens it, without being churchy or heavy, with some cardamom and cinnamon present in the background. After the first couple of hours is recedes to be closer to my skin, and a woodsy-vanilla base emerges that over time adopts a powdery characteristic on me. The last few hours this an at times Guerlinesque elegant yet rich powdery note, together with the vanilla, is what remains to the end; never musty or old fashioned, like powder in a silicone wrap. The superb natural purity and quality of the ingredients and the superb blending are evident. Good silage and projection for the first couple of hours, with an excellent longevity of over eight hours in total. One of the most versatile O'Drius I know.

On me the personalised scent overall is a bit less complex, with less vanilla and lasts less long.
10th March, 2014

Add your review of Peety

Shop for Peety products online

Shop for Peety at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Peety

Member images of Peety

There are no member images of Peety yet. Why not be the first?