Ambre & Santal (2013)

Ambre & Santal information

Year of Launch2013

HouseL'Occitane

About Ambre & Santal

Ambre & Santal is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2013

Ambre & Santal fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre & Santal

I'm not a huge amber fan, but do own a few heavy amber fragrances. Ambre & Santal is my favorite amber that I own because it is a very good balance between sweet & spicy and it isn't very "dirty" smelling like some ambers. During drydown a sweetish, creamy sandalwood dominates which I really enjoy. I get pretty good longevity out of this one - 8 or 9 hours. A definite thumbs up.
02nd October, 2016
This is an excellent scent for Amber lovers of which I count myself as one.
However I will probably sell my bottle after only 2 wearings.
Why? It just has no longevity. And even though I prefer it to Lubin's Amber offering, it disappoints every time by pulling a disappearing act.
My advice is to save up a little bit more and go for Serge Luten's Ambre Sultan.
04th November, 2015
Beautiful. The right balance between sweetness and spiciness. Very good sillage and longevity.

Amber lovers should definitely give this a try.
21st June, 2015
Sampled after reading the positive reviews. Ambre & Santal is an interesting fragrance that reminded me of a section of a bazaar I visted while in Turkey that sold incense and aromatic candles. It's a very soft, exotic scent, that lacks the stringent or pungent notes common to most oriental fragrances. It's the type of scent you would expect from an oriental powder. That said, A&S is IMO an entirely feminine fragrance and I couldn't see me wearing it in any situation. Nice, elegant, but not to my tastes.
19th May, 2015
A great amber-powdery woods accord which doesn't fail in comparison with more renowned and expensive amber "recipes". By soon bright, translucent and deliciously talky-figgy L'Occitane Ambre&Santal performs well for daily and night time with the support of balsams, musks, refined sparkling/aromatic opening bergamot and neutral floral patterns. Along the dry down the (yet present) typical talky animalic amber vibe slightly recedes and sandalwood jumps on the stage supported by a subtle rosey spark. A more than decent "royal" aroma (with a traditional recipe- amber/bergamot/rose) in which the synthetic side remains under control and with a surprising level of texture and subtleness. Recommended.
26th August, 2014
Very beautiful and exotic.

Very Middle Eastern and seductive,..

a nicely done perfume!
24th July, 2014

Add your review of Ambre & Santal

Shop for Ambre & Santal products online

Member images of Ambre & Santal

There are no member images of Ambre & Santal yet. Why not be the first?