Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar (2013)
by Tauer

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar information

Year of Launch2013
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar fragrance notes

Reviews of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

I SO want to love this one! The opening notes fill me with the sort of delight that makes me immediately refigure my entire perfume budget. A tender rose all tarted up with spicy warm apricot--oh my! I fall in love each and every time I smell Phi's beginning. But then...then some sort of prickly and utterly synthetic chemical note/chord (Ambroxan? Iso Super E?) takes over and overwhelms the entire scent, pushing and shoving like a schoolyard bully anytime a bit of apricot or cinnamon attempts to raise its timid head. It's an unfair fight, and the smell of something unfortunately similar to rubbing alcohol wins by a knock out.

Call the principal. :-(
11th October, 2017 (last edited: 18th November, 2017)
I had high hopes for this, and when it first went on, it was stunning – beautiful rose, sweet apricot, vanilla, almond and a touch of spice. Alas, it must be my skin chemistry, because after an hour that gorgeous rose morphed into a dusty, musty, mouldy old wood smell. Shame, because the first hour of this was absolutely wonderful, and it smells lovely in the little sample bottle ☹ I don’t know if it’s that particular combination of notes that doesn’t work on me, but I tried another scent a while ago with similar notes and got the same musty, dusty smell. I’m giving it a neutral because I think it would be gorgeous on the person with the right chemistry.
06th October, 2017
A lovely sultry rosy opening that suddenly disintegrates into a cinnamon-ambroxan cloying stew.
09th July, 2017
The opening on my skin was more rose than apricot, which was barely detectable. The rose is quite fine but gives way quickly to faint tobacco and patchouli. Blending with the patchouli were musk scents and a bit of ambergris. From time to time the rose seems to bloom, but never overpower the base. It definitely did not read as a gourmand on my skin, but was a masterful creation. Longevity is great and sillage is moderate.
14th March, 2017
This is the kind of perfume that our children's children will be collecting and romanticizing.

This is a beautifully blended warm rose perfume. Upon opening, I can smell rose (of course), apricot, powdery musk, cinnamon and (although it's not in the notes) licorice. As it warms with the skin I get more vanilla, bourbon, almond and soft woody notes.

My skin is very dry right now, but it seems like it's going to last in spite of that. Sillage is moderate to heavy...I would say maybe a good 3 or so feet.

Like I said earlier, I could see this being a fragrance that future generations use to romanticize our time. Something that grandchildren hope to have passed down to them, much like coveted Chanels, Guerlains, Creeds and the like. This has that "something" that feels timeless and collectible.

Disclosure: Sample won in a randomized contest. This does not change my review.
05th December, 2016
I smelled this on someone today and it was impressive. The listed notes of tonka and vanilla sound right, I often appreciate the sweetness from those, and this had a broad, complex smell as well. Good projection and longevity from approximately 8 to 10 sprays.
12th October, 2016

Add your review of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

Shop for Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar products online

Search Amazon for Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

Member images of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar

There are no member images of Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar yet. Why not be the first?

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar News