London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper (2014)
by Jo Malone London

London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper

London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper fragrance notes

Reviews of London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper

I find this starts a little too harsh with overwhelming tanginess from the juniper. However once that fades after just a few minutes, there is little to no juniper left in the scent. It settles to a warm, buttery cedar with a not insignificant dose of pepper, some smokiness and a touch of leather. I definitely wish that there was more longevity to the juniper notes as I think that would bring more balance and depth overall.
Absolutely perfect to bring a bit of warmth on a rainy day but does feel a bit one dimensional after an hour or so of wear. Longevity and sillage are good similar to most other Jo Malone scents I have worn.
17th January, 2019
Woody, fresh and spicy aromatic creation from the "London Rain Collection" by Jo Malone.

Black Cedarwood & Juniper was meant to evoke images of London showers falling at midnight. Constructed from cumin and chili pepper in the head, juniper in the heart, and cedar wood in the base, BC&J has an interesting rainy day in an urban setting vibe, to be sure.

Cedar feels a bit watered down here, oddly enough; I'm used to a stiff, starchy wood cord thing from cedar, but not here. Juniper is aromatic and stands out among all other notes, supported by non-sweaty subtle cumin (which adds a bit of the urban feel to the scent) and chili pepper.

Overall result is woody and fresh, a basic fragrance that is no longer discontinued and back in the Jo Malone collection again.
07th October, 2018
I've been enjoying Black Cedarwood & Juniper, though I'd probably have been disappointed if I'd expected it to smell like its name.

Instead, it's very buttery sandalwood, lifted with aldehydes. The woods are very subtle, more like a hint of dark woods and peppery, sweaty leather hovering beneath the butter. The mix of wood and animalics reminds me of something Le Labo would do, but the aldehydic butter focus is clever and unique. Probably not for juniper or cedar fans, but I'm enjoying it on its own terms.

22nd August, 2017
The opening of this fragrance is not one I'm enjoying. It has a feminine note that reminds me of something I've smelled from Serge Lutens. I can smell a very dry Cedar, but it's surrounded by a powdery scent. I'm not smelling any juniper berries, which is the note I was looking forward to the most in this fragrance. I just made the connection. The powdery smell reminds me a bit of Serge Lutens L'Incendiare...not my favorite. Upon further reflection I believe some type of incense is being used in Black Cedarwood and Juniper that is similar to the one used in L'incendiare. This smells like you opened a cedar chest lined with powdery, lace soap sachets that have permeated the cedar smell. That's the visual this scent is putting into my mind.
16th July, 2016
I love the cedarwood note on perfumes, I love the juniper note and I love the cumin note, but in this perfume they do not get along very well. Not a bad scent, but I was expecting a lot more since, as I just said, I love the three notes of this perfume.
When I read the notes I imagine a fabulous scent in which by synergy the notes will support each other elevating the total to more than just the sum of the parts, but I think that the notes fight each other to give a sum that is below the individual components, a pity.
Longevity and sillage are better than average.
29th October, 2014

Add your review of London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper

Shop for London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper products online

Member images of London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper

There are no member images of London Rain Collection : Black Cedarwood & Juniper yet. Why not be the first?