Blue Encens (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerEvelyne Boulanger

About Blue Encens

Blue Encens is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Evelyne Boulanger

Reviews of Blue Encens

The marketing that came with my sample emphasised the presence of incense, artemisia, and "frozen spices" - whatever they are. To be honest, in the light of that I wasn't expecting much. I've always found "blue" fragrances to be disappointing.

As it happens, Blue Encens takes a fairly original, although unexciting, path towards providing a clean and refreshing scent, relying neither on aquatic accords nor any form of citrus. The result is transparent and pleasant, albeit far from natural-smelling. The artemisia is prominent and the spices, perhaps the least convincing component, provide a mixed and rather chemically coda. It does sit lightly on the skin, though.

The main problem here is the chronic lack of performance. Two separate applications over the course of the day led to at best four-hour duration with low sillage - for fragrances on my skin, this is dismal.

The school report would read: good imagination, but finds it hard to focus. Consider yourself lucky to gain a Neutral rating.
06th August, 2017
So when I finally ran out of my bottle of Kyoto a few years ago, I bought a replacement on ebay and just couldnt stand the pepper note. This is like the updated Kyoto. Woody, sweet, antique doll smell, like kyoto, without the sharp pepper note with a slight transparent tape smell! Would love a spray sample though becasue the last few cdg have been VERY weak as far as longitivity and sillage.
29th September, 2016
I can't understand why an House such as Comme des Garcons could produce this almost "Eau de Cologne". The sillage and the lasting power are nonexistent, I'm an incense lover and I cannot detect any, just a very very faint wormwort and gin note; it's a pity I bought blind just trusting the maison that makes my loved Avignon; Kyoto and Comme des Garcons ( the very first one, almost medicinal in its clovey spiciness). If I had tested before I certainly wouldn't have bought this supermarket scent. Even dupe perfumes sold by multilevel marketing companies have more sense than this. Comme must concentrate on sperimental and spicy perfumes instead of trying to please the massess with these useless produces
12th August, 2014 (last edited: 20th August, 2014)
This is one of the most gorgeous incense blends I've experienced and I'm also comparing to Amouage BUT BUT BUT.....it evaporates off of my skin in literally 1 hour.... It does evoke a cool, blue effect, and it is easily wearable in heat which is impressive. Very fresh, metallic, crisp incense is the best way I can describe it.... The sillage is about average. I wish it lasted longer and projected better. I say this.......if you love incense and you are a fan of Comme des Garcons.....this is a must try. I wouldn't have sold my bottle had this lasted longer but the performance was absolutely abysmal.
30th June, 2014
Disappointing! Flat and boring and totally unnecessary!
17th May, 2014
Of the three recent CdG "Blue" scents, this is the stand-out for me. The number of incense-based scents out there seems to increase daily, but not very many -- if any -- opt for a clean, aldehydic slant. This one is a safe, no-frills crowd-pleaser, yet not necessarily mainstream either. Classy. You just can't go wrong.

As longevity is indeed lacking, reapplication on any given day will prove necessary sooner rather than later, so you'll actually be glad this is only available in a large bottle. But since the price isn't exorbitant, this is just a minor point. Too bad, though, this wasn't given the same staying power as, say, CdG's "2", which is a longevity bombshell and never ends. But still, a thumbs-up for a classy and most pleasant scent. A good friend wears it and always smells absolutely wonderful.
01st March, 2014

Add your review of Blue Encens

Shop for Blue Encens products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Blue Encens

There are no member images of Blue Encens yet. Why not be the first?