Aqua Vitae (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Aqua Vitae

I love the opening of Aqua Vitae. It is a very fresh and clean from lemon and mandarine that wanes quickly to take on the IsoE woodiness with some tonka. I enjoyed this more than I did Aqua Universalis, and would probably consider getting a decant of this one.
06th August, 2018
I love to wear this perfume ,most at the morning when I need something fresh for the morning. The lasting is very good :)
27th November, 2017
Starts out with a citrus (lemon) kick with a metallic side kick. Quickly turns into a lightly woody fragrance. A summer gem. I will be getting a bottle of this soon.7.5/10
29th March, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a fresh, somewhat restrainedly citrusy impression, very much hedione-infused - some jasmine is there - and pleasant, but not in any way special. Nice.

The drydown sees the hedionesque freshness fading and being replaced by a rather generic woodsy note, with the hints of an actual guiac impression being not very convincing.

The base, eventually is a tonka note that, again, is pleasant but about as ordinary as it gets - again, nothing remarkable here either.

The sillage is soft, the projection adequate and the longevity seven hours.

This summery scent is not the Water of Life, but the water that is run-of-the-mill. 2.5/5.
05th August, 2016
Aqua Vitae took my husband and me to Perfumery School last night in the most delightful way. On my smooth lady arms, it is a refreshing bath of Hedione-smoothed lemon and vanilla. On my husband's significantly more hirsute arms, it's much more about tonka and guaiac (probably due to all those little surfaces). Either way, it gives the sensation of cooling the skin while smelling warm.

But how this really works for you may depend on your tolerance, or need for, quiet, cool perfumes. I live in a place where temperatures routinely climb above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and where the air conditioning hovers around 65 inside. Four months out of the year, our bodies take a beating from this, and we're all constantly sweaty, clammy, half sick, and gross. This may be just the thing for consoling oneself in and out of the heat.

MFK offers this in a body lotion and "scented shower cream" (I assume that's soap) and the idea of layering this is appealing. I don't typically gravitate toward vanilla perfumes; but I like strange, inedible vanillas, and this one works. It could be a really nice go-to crisp daytime scent if it just hung around a little longer. I plan on revisiting this review after I get my hands on one or both of the layering products.
06th July, 2016 (last edited: 17th July, 2016)
The ultimate in sweet nothings. Aqua Vitae by Maison Francis Kurkdijan is a fresh, summery fragrance that sparkles with zesty citrus, a green, crisp jasmine, and a whisper of tonka. There are massive amounts of hedione in this – about 50%, according to Kurkdijan himself – and this is what creates that green, crispy effect overlaying the citruses at the start.

Despite the dry, woody flavor contributed by the Iso E Super here, the effect is not overly chemical or harsh, which is to Kurkdijan’s credit. Kurkdijan is nothing if not a skilled perfumer and knows how to dose these synthetics just right. Other perfumers should learn from him. The effect is total radiance and luminosity, kind of like the effect achieved in Timbuktu.

It’s nice, but emphatically not for me. It is far too light to make more than a brief impression, and slides off the skin (and out of mind) in a couple of hours.
01st July, 2015

Add your review of Aqua Vitae

Shop for Aqua Vitae products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Aqua Vitae

There are no member images of Aqua Vitae yet. Why not be the first?