Gold Leather (2013)

Gold Leather information

Year of Launch2013

HouseAtelier Cologne

About Gold Leather

Gold Leather is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013

Gold Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of Gold Leather

Gold Leather has a crude and loud opening of fruit and leather. The fruitiness subsides a bit as a subtle rum note becomes discernible. There is a slight relief along with a hint of greenness. The subsequent dry down is mostly a woody leather accord.

Gold Leather comes across as chintzy, derivative and even hideous and vulgar. It's hard to imagine it being an Atelier Cologne creation. While I'm not generally a fan of this style of leathers, Paco Rabanne's $1 Million and Tuscan Leather are superior alternatives for being more well defined and/or distinctive.

Good sillage and longevity on skin.

17th April, 2016
I was happy to bump into this fragrance whilst on holiday, and it stuck with me....

As for the scent, for the moment I generally can't pick out and name the different notes, but bear with me.....it has a strong opening, which is almost too sickly for me, yet still enjoyable....it's rich, sweet, strong, and fascinating. And keeps me regularly dipping back to smell my wrist!

For now I've just received a sample of this in the mail, from the AC website....but for the future, it would take a special fragrance to replace this on my to buy next list!
Very good..!!
28th November, 2015
Absolutely fantastic! My signature LEATHER scent. The booze at the top neutralizes the medicinal harshness As TF Tuscan Leather has. I'm wearing this since 11am this morning and 6+ hrs. later it's still kicking. TF Tuscan Leather is a great Fragrance, for me, this works better. Very comforting....
29th November, 2014
Straight to Heaven meets Leather Oud as Gold Leather opens with a boozy-fruity rum accord over woodsy hints of guaiac wood, something herbal-minty and something subtly animalic or barnyard-like. No leather yet but I'm enjoying this phase too much to complain. It takes the better part of an hour before the tops taper off and the leather grows a little more noticeable- it's warm if slightly salty. Like a well worn jacket it hugs the skin closely and seldom projects beyond a few inches. Perhaps my nose is jaded but by this time I'm almost bored to tears. Despite its promising start, Gold Leather chooses to play it safe and ends up right smack in the middle of the road where it quickly gets overtaken by other leather scents with more verve and personality.
10th July, 2014
Absolutely lovely balanced plum, oud and leather notes throughout the duration of the fragrance which last 10+ hours... I really enjoy how Atelier Cologne does plum! Fruity, but never crossing to the gourmand.

I agree this is perfectly unisex!

29th June, 2014
Very pleasant and sensual leather based fragrance that the leather note is perfectly balanced for both genders.
The leather note is not the dominate note at all, but it's always there to keel the fragrance exactly where it belongs to .... unisex!
The opening is a semi sweet, boozy and very sensual mix of plum, leather and some spices.
It's warm, a little heavy and naughty, but very sexy and pleasant at the same time.
As time goes by, boozy feeling goes away and the leather note settles down a little bit.
I can smell more plum and some saffron while there is some sort of spicy smell beside all these notes.
Something like cinnamon maybe.
It's sweet, fruity, spicy and a little leathery and dark.
Almost no changes to the end.
Projection is strong and longevity can easily pass 12 hours.
As far as comparing this to "Byredo Accord Oud" they do have the same DNA and similarities, but I believe BYREDO is a little more fruity and less spicy.
11th May, 2014