Gold Leather (2013)

Gold Leather information

Year of Launch2013

HouseAtelier Cologne

About Gold Leather

Gold Leather is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013

Gold Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of Gold Leather

Absolutely fantastic! My signature LEATHER scent. The booze at the top neutralizes the medicinal harshness As TF Tuscan Leather has. I'm wearing this since 11am this morning and 6+ hrs. later it's still kicking. TF Tuscan Leather is a great Fragrance, for me, this works better. Very comforting....
29th November, 2014
Straight to Heaven meets Leather Oud as Gold Leather opens with a boozy-fruity rum accord over woodsy hints of guaiac wood, something herbal-minty and something subtly animalic or barnyard-like. No leather yet but I'm enjoying this phase too much to complain. It takes the better part of an hour before the tops taper off and the leather grows a little more noticeable- it's warm if slightly salty. Like a well worn jacket it hugs the skin closely and seldom projects beyond a few inches. Perhaps my nose is jaded but by this time I'm almost bored to tears. Despite its promising start, Gold Leather chooses to play it safe and ends up right smack in the middle of the road where it quickly gets overtaken by other leather scents with more verve and personality.
10th July, 2014
Absolutely lovely balanced plum, oud and leather notes throughout the duration of the fragrance which last 10+ hours... I really enjoy how Atelier Cologne does plum! Fruity, but never crossing to the gourmand.

I agree this is perfectly unisex!

29th June, 2014
Very pleasant and sensual leather based fragrance that the leather note is perfectly balanced for both genders.
The leather note is not the dominate note at all, but it's always there to keel the fragrance exactly where it belongs to .... unisex!
The opening is a semi sweet, boozy and very sensual mix of plum, leather and some spices.
It's warm, a little heavy and naughty, but very sexy and pleasant at the same time.
As time goes by, boozy feeling goes away and the leather note settles down a little bit.
I can smell more plum and some saffron while there is some sort of spicy smell beside all these notes.
Something like cinnamon maybe.
It's sweet, fruity, spicy and a little leathery and dark.
Almost no changes to the end.
Projection is strong and longevity can easily pass 12 hours.
As far as comparing this to "Byredo Accord Oud" they do have the same DNA and similarities, but I believe BYREDO is a little more fruity and less spicy.
11th May, 2014
The name and bottle are corny to me, but the smell is interesting. The salesman described the different notes to me, but what I detect is lime, salt and tequila. I basically felt like I spilled a margarita on myself. There is a sweet, woody, musky drydown, but the margarita smell remains. It is also rather expensive to only contain an Oud "accord" and not actual Oud.
The Good: Sweet opening, opens up to more savory.
The Bad: The "margarita" smell gets tiring to me.
Overall: Expertly crafted, but probably not for me.
09th April, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
Great floral/fruity opening.. The orange strikes for 5 mins and then saffron an rum take over.. Plum and the floral notes are detected after about 15 mins and are very loud and upfront the way I like it.. One of the best openings I have smelled in some time. After about 3 hours of the lovely opening a very light leather scent appears as the tops and mids are totally gone.. I am not a leather fan, but this scent had so many positives going for it and then it's gone.. Very original and the leather does last some time albeit close to the skin..
02nd February, 2014

Add your review of Gold Leather

Shop for Gold Leather products online

Shop for Gold Leather at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gold Leather

Member images of Gold Leather

There are no member images of Gold Leather yet. Why not be the first?