Gold Leather (2013)

Gold Leather information

Year of Launch2013

HouseAtelier Cologne

About Gold Leather

Gold Leather is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013

Gold Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of Gold Leather

Atelier Cologne Gold Leather is the first somewhat animalistic fragrance by the house that I've tried, and it does not disappoint in uniqueness or creativity. Certainly a leather-intensive fragrance, it nonetheless has a variety of influences. It's fruity and boozy due to the plum note (which factors in so prominently in my boozy enjoyment of By Kilian Single Malt, for one), woody and dark due to the oud and some other wood notes, and there are some green notes.

True leather fans (which I can't claim to be) might not like it because, while the leather is omnipresent in the fragrance, it doesn't dominate the experience of it. The opening is very citrus-dominant, and the dry down is much sweeter and woodier. It's unisex to me--not strikingly masculine or feminine, and probably is better for cold weather than warm weather, but like Vanille Insensee and Rose Anonyme, the cologne backing of it does seem to make it friendly enough for summer.

Still, bolder performer than most of the line, Gold Leather projects pretty well for a couple of hours before settling down but the longevity is solid, as it remains

Its pricing is higher than the Atelier norm: $215 for 100ml retail, but discounted at FragranceX to $140. It's a "like" not a "love" for me, as I'm pretty picky with leathers, though there's certainly a lot more going on here.

7 out of 10
08th June, 2016
Gold Leather has a crude and loud opening of fruit and leather. The fruitiness subsides a bit as a subtle rum note becomes discernible. There is a slight relief along with a hint of greenness. The subsequent dry down is mostly a woody leather accord.

Gold Leather comes across as chintzy, derivative and even hideous and vulgar. It's hard to imagine it being an Atelier Cologne creation. While I'm not generally a fan of this style of leathers, Paco Rabanne's $1 Million and Tuscan Leather are superior alternatives for being more well defined and/or distinctive.

Good sillage and longevity on skin.

17th April, 2016
I was happy to bump into this fragrance whilst on holiday, and it stuck with me....

As for the scent, for the moment I generally can't pick out and name the different notes, but bear with has a strong opening, which is almost too sickly for me, yet still's rich, sweet, strong, and fascinating. And keeps me regularly dipping back to smell my wrist!

For now I've just received a sample of this in the mail, from the AC website....but for the future, it would take a special fragrance to replace this on my to buy next list!
Very good..!!
28th November, 2015
Absolutely fantastic! My signature LEATHER scent. The booze at the top neutralizes the medicinal harshness As TF Tuscan Leather has. I'm wearing this since 11am this morning and 6+ hrs. later it's still kicking. TF Tuscan Leather is a great Fragrance, for me, this works better. Very comforting....
29th November, 2014
Straight to Heaven meets Leather Oud as Gold Leather opens with a boozy-fruity rum accord over woodsy hints of guaiac wood, something herbal-minty and something subtly animalic or barnyard-like. No leather yet but I'm enjoying this phase too much to complain. It takes the better part of an hour before the tops taper off and the leather grows a little more noticeable- it's warm if slightly salty. Like a well worn jacket it hugs the skin closely and seldom projects beyond a few inches. Perhaps my nose is jaded but by this time I'm almost bored to tears. Despite its promising start, Gold Leather chooses to play it safe and ends up right smack in the middle of the road where it quickly gets overtaken by other leather scents with more verve and personality.
10th July, 2014
Absolutely lovely balanced plum, oud and leather notes throughout the duration of the fragrance which last 10+ hours... I really enjoy how Atelier Cologne does plum! Fruity, but never crossing to the gourmand.

I agree this is perfectly unisex!

29th June, 2014