Dior Homme Cologne (2013) (2013)
by Christian Dior

Dior Homme Cologne (2013) information

Year of Launch2013

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme Cologne (2013)

Dior Homme Cologne (2013) is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Dior Homme Cologne (2013) fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme Cologne (2013)

A modern cotton scent – clean and clear from the outset, rooted in a translucent base, with a filmy rasping texture. It has a sharply rendered, slightly bitter, crystalline structure with a metallic feel which may remind one of lactonic citruses or glass fiber. The composition develops through out and, what caught more my attention, becomes softer in its early base while keeping its metallic, aromatic, citrus-like quality. Its feathery bitterness and delicately dry (woodsy) vibration go very well together with certain aspects of vetiver – notes of grapefruit and blond woods as you may find them in some vetiver absolutes or Vetiveryl acetat. At this stage I connect vetiver to the flowery and purple sides of iris. Later, after 48 hours observed on a blotter, the base fades out into a restrained iris – powdery, almost creamy, violet, carrot root.
23rd August, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
This is the best of the Dior Homme line--the lipstick has been put back in the purse, the bottle of foundation screwed closed and the powder puff put back in the compact. This is a light, fresh cologne with just enough musk in its base to give it a little oomph. Refreshing and citric, it has the typical longevity of a cologne and is definitely unisex. Is it an improvement on the Guerlain eaux? On Chanel's Cologne? Dior's own Cologne Blanche with its almond note? Mugler's Cologne with its "S" note? 4711? Not really, but it is a respectable offering and certainly an improvement on its parent.
17th August, 2015
I bought this for my husband because he needed a good summer fragrance, and it turned out to be perfect! As many have mentioned, it's a very zesty citrus opening (lemon-lime, or a fresh cut of lemongrass) which transitions to iced sweet tea and gradually develops into a cedar-infused musk.

The fragrance lasts a long time (4-5 hours) despite being a cologne, and it's never overpowering.

My husband wears it as an everyday fragrance, and I'm glad I got the larger bottle because I must admit, I sneak a spray in here and there on myself--it definitely works for men and women as it is neither overly feminine or masculine.

It's very reasonably priced so I think this will be a summer staple. Versatile, alluring, and refreshing, this one is sure to please.
30th July, 2015
bigbz Show all reviews
I first smelt DHC 2013 on paper in Macy's about a month ago. All I remember is the opening was amazing to my nose, but after getting a bottle and trying it on skin...not sure it's a love me. But we'll see, it's supposed to get in the upper 90's again here in a couple days and that's exactly what I got this for.:)

As it's already been said, this composition does have a "frozen lemonade" smell in the opening despite the citrus in this case being bergamot. So very refreshing! I also completely agree with the person who stated this smells like 2008 Dior Homme Sport without the ginger in the drydown....totally agree! And that's a good thing, because ginger is a hit or miss note for me...and in 2008 DHS it was overbearing and most definitely a miss in that one IMO.

Very well composed, simple citrus based cologne scent here that is well above average in scent and has acceptable/adequate longevity for this type of genre. Definitely worth a look and to sample.
28th July, 2015
cadenz Show all reviews
What a beautiful aside to Dior's typical renderings! Not that they're bad by any stretch of the imagination! But this one is akin to someone dashing an ice cold glass of lemonade in your face and it smells too doggone good for you to even get angry! ! On a very hot day, this baby is peerless and the longevity is surprising for an aquatic. I love it all the way down to its slightly musky drydown. If you're not ready for that, just touch it up again for that beautiful, crisp splash of ice cold lemonade in the face! It is quite lovely!
06th July, 2015
Wow Dior Homme Cologne is freshness in a bottle. At first spray I get lots of citrus and in the dry down I get citrus with a little bit of musk. Perfect for the hot summer months. For a cologne, it has a lot of staying power and makes me feel fresh and clean all day long. Definitely a must try for every man or woman (it could be unisex).
01st May, 2015

Add your review of Dior Homme Cologne (2013)

Shop for Dior Homme Cologne (2013) products online

Search Amazon for Dior Homme Cologne (2013)

Member images of Dior Homme Cologne (2013)

There are no member images of Dior Homme Cologne (2013) yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Dior Homme Cologne (2013)