HYLNDS - Isle Ryder (2013)
by D.S. & Durga

HYLNDS - Isle Ryder information

Year of Launch2013

HouseD.S. & Durga
PerfumerDavid Moltz

About HYLNDS - Isle Ryder

HYLNDS - Isle Ryder is a shared / unisex perfume by D.S. & Durga. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Moltz

HYLNDS - Isle Ryder fragrance notes

Reviews of HYLNDS - Isle Ryder

My third try from D.S. & Durga's Hylnds line, Isle Ryder hits my nose with a heavy dose of jasmine, but also various herbal and woody elements that make it come off a bit animalic and dirty. I have to plead ignorance on several of the

This isn't terribly appealing to me--it might be slightly more flattering on a woman, but I'm not sure I'd want to smell it on anyone. It's just at an odd floral / animalic / dirty crossroads that I see little merit in.

Performance seems fine, though. I appreciate the house's creativity, but obviously with daring scents, some dare further than my tastes go.

4 out of 10
24th May, 2017
Opening smelled like lily of the valley with a boozy note mixed in. I assume what I was smelling were the jasmine and mead notes listed. I wanted to sample this to smell the coniferous notes of fir cone and Norway Spruce. Unfortunately I didn't smell either one. I did smell a slight hay note, which I'm assuming is the straw note listed. I then picked up a slight animalic note. I'm not a fan of animalics, but it seemed to help this frag by toning down the strong floral opening and rounding the overall smell out. It then started becoming a much smoother overall scent and I began to enjoy it. There is a bit going on here, and I need to try this several more times before I have a good feel for it, but it seemed to develop into something I enjoyed before it was all said and done.
17th January, 2017
Started out a real stinker IMO. Quality ingredients though. Doesn't show in the notes, but I could swear it had Oud in it. If you are a earthy wood fan, this is for you.
11th December, 2015
Bitter but warm and outdoorsy, and suitable for year round wear. Does one feel as though they are wandering over the moors ? It accomplishes that well I believe . Dure and a bit melancholy perhaps, but sometime that's what a fellow's OK with, so there's no problem with it being a masculine scent.

This fragrance was included as SO1E10 in Chandler Burr's "Untitled" series, so some folks may know it from that. It took me a while to warm up to at first, but finally I was forced to spring a full bottle, which is something I don't often do.

Discontinued, along with the rest of the Hylnds line, but still available through Luckyscent at the time of this review.
06th July, 2015 (last edited: 24th July, 2018)
DS & Durga is a line that I *want* to like much more than they’ll let me. Their distribution is limited; no samples are available; and the stores that I’ve visited that stock the line have been beyond lousy in their presentation (empty and/or broken bottles; large parts of the collection missing entirely). What I’ve smelled, I’ve only smelled in passing, and so one of these days, I’ll hopefully spend more time with them, but what I’ve tried so far hasn’t grabbed me.

But Isle Ryder is different.

It aligns with the rustic / natural aesthetic that the line seems to rely upon with a bitter jasmine taking center stage. This jasmine is surrounded by a series of wild grass and fern-esque green notes, placed over a somewhat oily base that seems to be structured upon a subtly earthy beeswax. Despite being a fairly busy composition, the scent smells very much like a natural environment, and the overall effect is a fascinating take on jasmine. It’s much more bitter than most jasmine fragrances, running even slightly sour, but this bitterness works surprisingly well here. Although I tend not to subscribe to fragrances for certain seasons, Isle Ryder conjures up the image of Spring while offering a fresh, crisp take on the white floral genre. Surprisingly distinct and well-crafted, this is compelling green twist on an overplayed primary note.
20th October, 2014
Spruce, fir, honey, whiskey; then gradually sweetens with a build of spicy woodruff, jasmine and mead. On me, the deep sweet notes tend to linger through the next hours, while the herbal and resin notes do not, so I am left with honey and white floral at the end of the evening and when wakening (excellent longevity, then). Would like to keep, but I fear that of the Hylnds scent-stories in the current Celtic trilogy, Bitter Rose, Broken Spear captured my heart.
30th August, 2014

Add your review of HYLNDS - Isle Ryder

Shop for HYLNDS - Isle Ryder products online

D.S. & Durga Hylnds Eau De Parfum ISLE RYDER 1.7 fl oz New In Box Sealed

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 11:36:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $190.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of HYLNDS - Isle Ryder

There are no member images of HYLNDS - Isle Ryder yet. Why not be the first?