Aqua Amara (2014)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyBulgari

About Aqua Amara

Aqua Amara is a masculine fragrance by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Aqua Amara fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Amara

I've really enjoyed wearing this during the summer ..makes for a really good summer evening scent in my opinion. I get a bright bitterish orange, a bit of neroli and some patchouli to keep it slightly darkened with a pinch of seaweed odour, This stays very much this way from start to finish. Performance is fantastic 8hrs+, (4hrs strong projection) for a citrus thats great and so is the price point. The presentation and sprayer are equally great. I've had a couple of people say I smell nice which is reassuring so it projects well too. Fans of citrus and aquatics should give this a try..shop around tho as this isn't expensive and you get an awful lot for your money. Full Credit to bvlgari for releasing some very original aquatics.
05th August, 2017 (last edited: 06th August, 2017)
This is a summer go-to for me, especially if I'm enjoying a day at the pool or beach. Very unique for a summer scent as it has lots of freshness and sweetness but also a bold, orangey-floral mixed with some spice or incense.

The only scent I have worn that can withstand ocean or pool water and stays on, still projecting for hours.

Performance is all day and projects so that you will get noticed.
02nd August, 2017
This is a must have summer fragrance. Bvlgari's 'Aqva Amara' is a powerful, strong and long lasting citrus bomb with enough patchouli and neroli notes to create an unmistakably masculine scent that cuts through heat, humidity and even pool and ocean water.

The initial blast is completely mandarin orange, full and fresh citrus with a light neroli and patchouli base. It is very strong, with somewhat of an ocean and watery accord, but its not an aquatic. More like a fresh saltwater drenched in citrus and white sands vibe. Amazing and energetic.

The middle and base are all neroli and patchouli, with an incense and slight musk note towards the end.The citrus and orange are heavy and dominate the fragrance throughout the entire life of the scent. The incense in the base really balances the oceanic citrus extremely well.

With a liberal application of a dozen sprays (neck, shoulders, chest and wrists), I am getting 10-12+ hours of longevity, with several days and possibly a week or more on clothes and fabrics.

The projection and sillage are outstanding, people will smell this clearly and it is definitely one of the finest summer and citrus fragrances I have ever come across. Definitely one of the strongest fresh scents I have ever owned.

I wore this in thick summer heat with high humidity at a hotel pool party and this scent projected extremely well and stayed on me for six hours. It stayed on the skin while swimming, under the misters, splashing water and everything.

I can definitely highly recommend this scent as a must have for your spring and summer collections. There is nothing out there that has this specific blend of notes or performs as well as this. This stuff is powerful and magnificent.

28th May, 2017 (last edited: 29th May, 2017)
I really didn't expect to love this, but I do. It's not unique or bold, but it does what it does extremely well. Have you ever peeled an orange and accidentally squirted the skin's zest on yourself? It's like that, but spicier. Nothing about it is harsh or synthetic. It projects politely for around five hours and then is almost invisible, so the longevity isn't ideal.

All elements of the scent are present from the beginning, and as it dries down it showcases different elements, avoiding that Neapolitan ice cream effect some scents have where they pull a three-in-one. It starts bright with a hint of patchouli, dries a little more bitter and almost rum reminiscent, and then at its base it's a mellow, spicy-sweet warmth.

It's not complex or unusual, so maybe it'll bore you. But I like how straightforward and unpretentious it is; it makes it versatile and wearable. It's hard to imagine this offending anyone--it's one of those bury-your-nose-in-your-wrist scents.
22nd February, 2017
lex Show all reviews
to me this basically smells like chemicals then synthetic notes starts to form. synthetic neroli, synthetic patchouli. it calms down and gets better at the drydown. ill see if it grows on me but as of today, this is just too synthetic and chemically for me.
21st February, 2017
Golden Aquatic...

This is a really nice one. A creation by the master perfumer Jacques Cavallier, this one is great. I do love the way it has been done. Done in such a way that it doesn't feel like a typical aquatic. With bitter orange, patchouli and possibly some cardamom and herbs, this is a good one. I would happily wear it. It reminds me of the beach and sea, and warm skin. I think it's a masterful fragrance, and really clever for it's genre. With another perfumer this could've been a very generic scent, but with Jacques Cavallier it became something unique and intriguing. I think this is definitely one to try for summer nights and hot, beach vacations. Really well done and it surprised me in a good way.
11th October, 2016

Add your review of Aqua Amara

Shop for Aqua Amara products online

Search Amazon for Aqua Amara

Member images of Aqua Amara

There are no member images of Aqua Amara yet. Why not be the first?