Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique (2013)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating:

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique Fragrance notes

Mexican vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, Iris, Frankincense, Opoponax, Tonka bean

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique information

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2013

Reviews of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

sophi's avatar

Greece Greece

When Angel met Shalimar then Ode la Vanille Route to Mexique was born...
    Realistic, complex scent of vanille, oppoponax and cacao...mixed with dried fruits and then you have this limited edition which is generated by Shalimar edp new version (2012)!!!
    Great work of Alchemy indeed(Thierry Wasser) .

07th May, 2014

babsbendix's avatar

I love the smell of real vanilla extract/absolute and of the other dreamy components that complement it and can extend it into amber - benzoin, tonka bean, labdanum...So Shalimar has been a funny thing for me, because it's arguably THE definitive complex vanilla scent, yet what some have referred to as its skank becomes the overwhelming smell of a wet dog on my skin. I'm not averse to smelling weird, but I guess I'm not up for that particular weird! Coming to trust and enjoy Thierry Wasser's work for Guerlain, I bought this one blind hoping that I just needed a little different take on the fragrance for it to become a favorite. Indeed! I've since ordered four more bottles since it's a limited edition and now the closest thing I have to a signature scent.

The citrus in the opening is beautiful - I understand that it's bergamot, yet my nose sometimes reads it as a little lime-y, too; maybe I just associate limes with Mexico. The signature wet dog accord does indeed show up, yet in this formula I realize that it's actually rose in combination with something animalic - roses can have a sulfurous aspect. All gets overtaken by a vanilla that's more in the dulce de leche direction than the vanilla in the original. I really loved the burnt caramel-y drydown of the original Dior Addict, and the way it radiated off of warm skin; the vanilla in this Ode isn't nearly as burnt as that, yet it's sure magic with body heat. I was brave/foolish/impatient and initially tried it on - one quick spray - outside in 95 degree weather. Modestly applied, it's just glorious in the heat, a case of reveling in it instead of countering it.

03rd May, 2014 (Last Edited: 06th October, 2014)

RHM's avatar

Beautiful Shalimar for those of us who react badly to the cinnamon in the original.
    This softer version is an absolute delight.
    Still Shalimar but creamier, a bit veiled.

23rd December, 2013

Add your review of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

Search for on eBay United States

Shalimar Ode A La Vanille Sur La Route Du Mexique 1.6 oz EDP Spray for Women NIB
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 8 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    SHALIMAR Ode A La Vanille Sur La Route Du Mexique by Guerlain 1.6 oz EDP Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 7 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Guerlain Shalimar Ode a La Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique 50ml(1.6oz) new&boxed
    • Listing Type: eBay Store