Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique (2013)
by Guerlain

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique information

Year of Launch2013
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique fragrance notes

Reviews of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

I love the original vintage Shalimar which does not have the "blast of sour citrus/bergamot" that is in today's "original" formulation.

That being said, I find this one very ordinary and totally lacking in sophistication. It does not smell anything like Shalimar to me. It is too much vanilla and too much sugar for my taste. I could find something very close to this in a drug store chain or any department store for a lot less.

I really wish Guerlain would stop with the Shalimar flankers and just name these things something else as any relationship to the real Shalimar is in name only.
11th August, 2015
I will say that I enjoy this more than the original, the recent version that is. At the opening I didn't get that blast of sour citrus/bergamot which could be slightly potent and overbearing. I also got less of that leather/animalistic note, it was there but subdued. As for the vanilla, it was a lot more pronounced in this one: sweeter, sugary, and not too powdery. The drydown leans into the gourmand territory slightly as there was a little of bit of chocolate and caramel. The summer heat actually helped this project more and so I was able to get good whiffs of the drydown. Amazing stuff, I'll need to acquire more of this at some point!
06th July, 2015
When Angel met Shalimar then Ode la Vanille Route to Mexique was born...
Realistic, complex scent of vanille, oppoponax and cacao...mixed with dried fruits and then you have this limited edition which is generated by Shalimar edp new version (2012)!!!
Great work of Alchemy indeed(Thierry Wasser) .
07th May, 2014
I love the smell of real vanilla extract/absolute and of the other dreamy components that complement it and can extend it into amber - benzoin, tonka bean, labdanum...So Shalimar has been a funny thing for me, because it's arguably THE definitive complex vanilla scent, yet what some have referred to as its skank becomes the overwhelming smell of a wet dog on my skin. I'm not averse to smelling weird, but I guess I'm not up for that particular weird! Coming to trust and enjoy Thierry Wasser's work for Guerlain, I bought this one blind hoping that I just needed a little different take on the fragrance for it to become a favorite. Indeed! I've since ordered four more bottles since it's a limited edition and now the closest thing I have to a signature scent.

The citrus in the opening is beautiful - I understand that it's bergamot, yet my nose sometimes reads it as a little lime-y, too; maybe I just associate limes with Mexico. The signature wet dog accord does indeed show up, yet in this formula I realize that it's actually rose in combination with something animalic - roses can have a sulfurous aspect. All gets overtaken by a vanilla that's more in the dulce de leche direction than the vanilla in the original. I really loved the burnt caramel-y drydown of the original Dior Addict, and the way it radiated off of warm skin; the vanilla in this Ode isn't nearly as burnt as that, yet it's sure magic with body heat. I was brave/foolish/impatient and initially tried it on - one quick spray - outside in 95 degree weather. Modestly applied, it's just glorious in the heat, a case of reveling in it instead of countering it.
03rd May, 2014 (last edited: 06th October, 2014)
RHM Show all reviews
Beautiful Shalimar for those of us who react badly to the cinnamon in the original.
This softer version is an absolute delight.
Still Shalimar but creamier, a bit veiled.
23rd December, 2013

Add your review of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

Shop for Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique products online

Shop for Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

Member images of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique

There are no member images of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route du Mexique yet. Why not be the first?