Les Echappées - Luxor Oud (2012)
by Memo

Les Echappées - Luxor Oud information

Year of Launch2012

HouseMemo
PerfumerAliénor Massenet
SupplierIFF

About Les Echappées - Luxor Oud

Les Echappées - Luxor Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Memo. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aliénor Massenet

Les Echappées - Luxor Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Echappées - Luxor Oud

Oddball. The top smells like a brand-new, plastic dolly, from the 70's. Bitter Mandarin. Hot, dry patchouli. Oddly enough, a soapy accord emerges. Burnt oud note. Broken rose stem, greenish, almost tea rose accord. Deep labdanum. Gets kind of skanky, later on. I like this creation - it's different.
29th October, 2018
Tested from a 5ml sample.
What I like about this : the first blast is a rich, deep, dense, leathery, smoky-woody, perfumed cloud, luxurient and full of eastern promise. Then coming through there's a sort of sharp, not-unpleasant, camphory smell, accompanied by a warm, sexy rose. The wood is deep, sharp and rich. In fact it's the mixture of the rich wood and the rose that's my favourite part; it's oriental, grown up and seductive.
What I don't like about this: it's a bit too fruity for me. I don't mind fruit in fragrance as long as it's just one single note and I can clearly discern it. The fruitiness here coming through after the initial sultry start reminds me a bit of a bag of multi-coloured jelly beans, and I couldn't get this out of my head. Not to say the scent isn't pleasant, just an odd association for me. The scent also fades quickly, after an hour, (for me too quickly) to a pleasant skin scent.
I decided this isn't for me, but I would say it's a perfectly wearable scent, any time of day really, because it's not strong enough to offend, and I'm sure there are others who would like it.
February 2016
27th February, 2016
Luxor Oud is a more-than-delicate floral-fruity scent with a quite unsubstantial texture, smelling basically of plastic scented with edible fruit syrups and a faint oud note which smells more like an accidental burnout on the base, a note of ambery cedar and not much else – perhaps a subtle smell of licorice, or however a sweet-earthy-smoky note. It does not smell that bad, but it’s actually really delicate to the point of smelling boringly thin – basically it smells like a dull skin scent which may sit close to any woody-floral designer fragrance, if it wasn’t for that microscopic hint of rubbery oud. Short persistence. If it cost a third of its price I’d have considered it a bit better. As-is, let’s be generous: just a “meh...”.

09th January, 2015

Add your review of Les Echappées - Luxor Oud

Shop for Les Echappées - Luxor Oud products online

Member images of Les Echappées - Luxor Oud

There are no member images of Les Echappées - Luxor Oud yet. Why not be the first?