Love Hope Denim (2012)

Love Hope Denim information

Year of Launch2012

HouseTrue Religion

About Love Hope Denim

Love Hope Denim is a feminine perfume by True Religion. The scent was launched in 2012

Love Hope Denim fragrance notes

Reviews of Love Hope Denim

Got this as a freebie sample and it's by far the worst perfume I have ever smelled. It's like someone tried to make Robitussin more palatable to children by attempting a cotton candy flavor but failed miserably and then pawned off the mistake to a perfumery. It's truly appalling in it's sickening sweetness. You would be better off breaking a gel cap of an expired cold medicine and dabbing on to your neck than using this.
12th March, 2017
Having not been this nauseated by a toothache-inducing sugary gourmand since Britney Spears Fantasy, which virtually turned me off to smelling fragrances at all for a few years, I find True Religion's Love Hope Denim to be particularly distressing and truly repellant.
31st August, 2016
I was in two minds about this when I got the sample - the first application I was unimpressed. Then I tried it again after a few months, and loved it, so when I was able to pick up a bottle very cheaply, I jumped at the chance. I’m so, so, so glad I did – this is yummy! Warm, creamy, smooth, delicious caramel, with lovely wafts of vanilla and almond. I’ve had a few people comment on this one when I wear it, and say how nice it is, and one of our RHD students liked it so much, she asked me where she could buy it. It lasts well and the sillage is pretty good. It makes me feel happy when I wear it!
07th August, 2016
I recently plucked this item from a shelf at Marshall's. After reviewing "Love Hope Denim's" notes online, I "blind purchased" this fragrance for a fraction of its retail price of $39.00. With spring & summer arriving, I'd like to depart from my usual "heavier" go to fragrances. As an aside, I bought a jar of Philosophy Pink Almond Candy Body Souffle a while back and I recognize I like the fragrance a lot. I'm not a "main stream" fragrance lover,preferring niche fragrances over all others. However, I realize I like almond-y sweet, cotton-candy kinda scents. I am NOT a gourmand-y fragrance lover; however I do like wearing creamy, vanilla, musk, caramel, fruity Oriental blends now and again.

So, after springing for Prada "Candy" (based on its notes and reviews) and not loving it (I used the 1.7 oz during a cruise...will not purchase it again), I bought True Religion "Love Hope Denim." Really, there is not much to say about this fragrance. In general, it is a very straight-forward, sugary, sweet, cotton-candy, caramel & vanilla, musk-y sweet delight.

Initially, I detected a definite synthetic aroma to this EDT. After initially spraying the fragrance on me, I thought, "Uh oh...this is gonna give me a colossal headache...this is NOT gonna work." However, I sprayed this on while driving home from Marshal's; so, scrubbing the fragrance off was not an option-smile! I had to give the fragrance some time to develop. After detecting an overwhelmingly strong (almost harsh) mixture of fruit...a real fruity aroma...not one particular dominant note...perhaps strawberry & raspberry...the EDT settled down and became tolerable...actually pleasant. After 10-15 minutes or so, middle notes of almond, vanilla, caramel and (slightly burnt) sugar definitely sparkled through...and the fragrance is not so bad! After 30 minutes or so, this fragrance is actually fun & pleasant!

Some folks compare this fragrance to Prada Candy. Much of what is written is true because "Love Hope Denim" varies from Prada Candy with top notes that are DRASTICALLY more fruity than Prada Candy. Thankfully, once on the skin this EDT settles down with incredibly delightful notes of caramel, vanilla, musk and (slightly) burnt sugar. While I do not agree that the base notes make this concoction more "adult" like than Prada Candy (as cited by another reviewer), I do agree that after 30 minutes or so and unlike Prada Candy, this fragrance is not dominated by a "powdery" note. This fragrance remains more airy & light than Prada Candy. With that said, I still think the final aroma and notes of this EDT make it more of a "young gal's" scent and not a scent I'd describe as elegant, mature, unique or unusual.

Love Hope Denim sits close to the skin, so silage is not great. For me, longevity is moderate because the aroma waned after a few hours or so...say 3-4. I found myself spraying Love Hope Denim on me once again, so I could make this review as realistic as possible! And I must say for what it is, the fragrance IS growing on me!

A simple, non-complex, linear fragrance that easily competes with many of the recent "fruity, cotton-candy, sugar, caramel, vanilla, musk" scents out there, I think I'll keep this one. Doubt I will buy more, however when this bottle is gone. A pretty good blind purchase. Definitely worth the discounted price.
20th February, 2015 (last edited: 11th March, 2015)

Add your review of Love Hope Denim

TRUE RELIGION LOVE HOPE DENIM FOR HER WOMEN PERFUME EDP 100 ML/ 3.4 OZ NIB

End Date: Wednesday Nov-14-2018 19:49:49 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TRUE RELIGION ~ LOVE HOPE DENIM FOR WOMEN EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY ~1.7 OZ SEALED BOX

End Date: Thursday Nov-15-2018 4:58:08 PST

True Religion Love Hope Denim by True Religion Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz

End Date: Thursday Nov-15-2018 13:59:58 PST
Buy It Now for only: $54.39
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

10 True Religion Love Hope Denim by True Religion Vial (sample) .05 oz for Women

End Date: Thursday Nov-15-2018 22:26:03 PST
Buy It Now for only: $8.00

TRUE RELIGION Love Hope Denim Eau de Parfum Women Spray 3.4 FL OZ / 100ML

End Date: Friday Nov-16-2018 4:26:55 PST
Buy It Now for only: $45.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

True Religion~Love Hope Denim~EDP & Mini Spray-Body Lotion-Bath/Shower Gel~Women

End Date: Friday Nov-16-2018 12:16:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $49.95

True Religion Love Hope Denim Eau De Parfum Spray (Tester) 3.4 oz

End Date: Friday Nov-16-2018 15:02:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $74.94
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

True Religion Love Hope Denim Perfume by True Religion, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum ...

End Date: Saturday Nov-17-2018 3:33:41 PST
Buy It Now for only: $78.31
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

True Religion Love Hope Denim Perfume by True Religion, 0.05 oz Vial (sample)

End Date: Saturday Nov-17-2018 3:54:40 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.04

Member images of Love Hope Denim

There are no member images of Love Hope Denim yet. Why not be the first?