Oajan (2013)

HouseParfums de Marly
PerfumerShyamala Maisondieu
SupplierGivaudan

About Oajan

Oajan is a masculine fragrance by Parfums de Marly. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Shyamala Maisondieu

Oajan fragrance notes

Reviews of Oajan

Cinnamon, patchouli, musk, osmanthus and honey mixed with smoky deep notes...yes! A real masterpiece and a great gourmand.

I got plenty of compliments and the silage and longevity is very good also.
30th August, 2018
Hands down the best gourmand I have ever tried. One of the best fragrances I have ever tried. This is coming from someone who on the whole doesn't care for gourmands.

I must admit that I have been a little let down by much of what PDM have released. But this??? MAN.....Its just SOOOOOOO good. It projects class, sophistication and attractiveness while still being a little daring and fun!! Very opulent with plenty of depth and character. Strong apple pie vibe but also a cherry pie vibe. At the same time it also has a freshness to it which stops it becoming overly sickly! The longevity, projection & sillage are super impressive. Beautiful looking bottle. Best PDM offering by a million miles.

01st May, 2018 (last edited: 13th November, 2018)
I get a vanilla flavored cherry pie drizzled wth honey and then sprinkled with a ton of cinnamon...one of those scents to reach for when its time for winter holidays , parties and family get togethers...not a super big fan of gourmand type fragrances , but I enjoy wearing this...has a nice semi-smoky resiny touch...I can see this guy hanging around with the likes of Burberry London . Bogart Witness , Wazamba , John Varvatos and his older brother JV Vintage...only drawback for me is the lack of longevity and projection on my skin...happy with the decant I have of this , no need for a full bottle...
23rd April, 2018
Just received my Oajan in the mail, and I must say I am amazed! An excellent excellent fragrance!

After the first spray, I detect a boozy, cherry tobacco, sweet, gourmand, slightly vanilla, with a small hint of cinnamon in this. Oajan sits right in the middle of Herod and Habdan; a gentle yet alluring fragrance. Habdan has a cherry/smoky tobacco vibe and Herod has a sugar tobacco vibe; Oajan has a cherry tobacco vibe that is less sweet and less smoky as opposed to Habdan. The cherry chapstick vibe I get is likened to Speakeasy of Frapin and not bad, just something I observed as the scent developed. This fragrance is phenomenal!!

Along with the Honey, the Tonka Bean, Ambergris, and Artemisia show up quite nicely. The Patchouli, Musk, Labdanum, Benzion, and Osmanthus are however very faint in that they aren't so heavy that they take center stage or overpower the aforementioned notes.

Overall, manly goodness-a VERY nice fragrance from Parfums de Marly!!
23rd December, 2017
Very similar to Hermes Ambre Narguile as many have already mentioned, except much more bold. I personally really enjoy this one. Whenever I smell it I am reminded of Fall. In fact, I would say that this was probably made with Fall in mind. Really looking forward to wearing this one once the weather starts cooling down. I'm a rather huge fan of Parfums de Marly so to me this is a beauty of a scent.
22nd August, 2017
Parfum de Marly Oajan. I wonder why this gem doesn't get more attention. Projection, sillage and longevity are amazing.

It gets compared a lot to ambre narguille which I have never tried personally so I can't comment on that. However, it has that cinnamon, spicy, vanilla vibe which remind me of TF Tabacco Vannille or Phaedon Tabac Rouge with a twist of oriental. The warm honey gives it a gourmand vibe without the powdery side of By Kilian Back to Black. The boozy note keeps me addicted and asking for more and more.

To me this fragrance, is a the perfect winter scent. Throughout the day I would get a little whiff here and there, nothing too cloying, just enough for me to enjoy this wonderful smell. It's a complex fragrance but it's so easy to fall in love with Oajan.
23rd February, 2017

Add your review of Oajan

Shop for Oajan products online

Shop for Oajan at online perfumeries

Parfums De Marly Oajan - 17ml/0.57fl.oz Perfume extract based EDP, Decanted

End Date: Sunday Jan-20-2019 9:27:22 PST
Buy It Now for only: $33.99

OAJAN BY PARFUM DE MARLY TYPE - EDP SPRAY -1.7 oz (50ml) BY FRG UNLMTD

End Date: Sunday Jan-20-2019 12:33:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $27.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Alexandria Fragrances Apple Crumb 2.5ml/5ml Sample: Oajan Parfums de Marly Clone

Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Buy It Now for only: $13.99

Parfums De Marly Paris OAJAN Royal Essence EDP Perfume Spray 4.2.oz 125.ml

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 0:38:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $240.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

7 Parfums de Marly Samples ! Delina, Pegasus, Oajan,& More!

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 9:56:51 PST
Buy It Now for only: $29.00

Oajan by Parfums de Marly - 4.2 oz /125 ml EDP Spray New In Box

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 16:14:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $150.40
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Parfum De Marly Oajan 125 Ml 100% Authentic Ships Fast!

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 19:42:01 PST
Buy It Now for only: $165.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Parfums De Marly Oajan Eau De Parfum EDP 10ml Decant Spray Bottle 100% Authentic

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 20:26:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $22.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Parfums De Marly Oajan Eau De Parfum EDP 30ml Decant Spray Bottle 100% Authentic

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 20:26:49 PST