Nirvana Black (2013)

HouseElizabeth and James
PerfumerPierre Negrin
SupplierFirmenich

About Nirvana Black

Nirvana Black is a feminine perfume by Elizabeth and James. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Negrin

Nirvana Black fragrance notes

Reviews of Nirvana Black

Nice for a linear, grab and go type fragrance. Not a super sweet super synthetic typical celebrity frag, it is definitely synthetic, but not annoyingly so, and the accord is nice so it's okay, if not complex or particularly interesting. I can smell all 3 notes, with the violet being stronger at then beginning (I'd hesitate to say there's an opening or a mid really.) It's fairly versatile and a nice, warm comforting smell for when you want to spray something uncomplicated, or without much thought. Does what it claims.
09th March, 2020
Strong sandalwood.
Dusty violet.
Not overly sweet vanilla.
It all comes together as something, not quite boozy.
This fragrance is actually hard for me to describe. It becomes powdery and woody at the same time.
I enjoy it - I just can't create a better description.
11th November, 2018
Typically I hate: celebrity scents, scents with no staying power, perfumes which smell wholly synthetic, fragrances which have few notes. But, I love this. Or rather, I should say I love spritzing this on without overthinking it, wearing it happily through the four or so hours it lasts, and then not remembering it for another month. It's a skin scent and a comfort scent on me, and smells more expensive than it is. I would miss it if I didn't have it, but don't devote too much energy to it. Kind of perfect low maintenance but pretty niche (a kind of perfect girlfriend).
06th May, 2016
My favorite perfume. I guess I like simple and dark scents. This is the perfect unisex, warm, interesting scent that clings to the skin in warm weather. The longevity is not good, about 5 hours. I heard the oil has better longevity. I have the full size spray bottle and the rollerball. The rollerball seems to have aged (I purchased it when it launched, the spray much more recently) and lost the slight top note, but I don't mind as to me the sandalwood and vanilla are the best. It stays in my purse for touch ups. Some say the sandalwood is not very good quality, but I cannot find anything else similar to it - most sandalwoods are too sharp for me - so I honestly love it.
15th January, 2016
Nirvana Black smells incomplete to me, but maybe I am just looking for too much. The violet is very much in the vein of Eau de Cartier Concentree and keeps the whole thing from smelling trite and foody. The sandalwood constitutes most of the fragrance,which is fine, but the overall quality of materials leaves me wanting.

This kind of product isn't likely to please anyone with a collection like mine but for the easy-to-please, the younger crowd, or those who honestly enjoy the unfussy and simple design of scents by Victoria's Secret, there may be something in this interpretation of Nirvana.
28th November, 2015
I really and sincerely give this perfume a thumbs up! It's a wonderful exotic fragrance, and personally, I really don't mind the fact that it's mostly a skin scent when applied with a roller ball! Personally, I found the projection and sillage of the white version of "Nirvana" a bit much, when sprayed from the bottle (for me, personally.) I remember I sprayed this one on from the tester bottle in Sephora at least once too, but I can't recall what the sillage was like. I think this version does have a bit less projection than the white version, from what I can recall.
As far as what this perfume specifically smells like: if you've ever used vanilla-sandalwood incense,than you've pretty much smelled this before! The black version of "Nirvana" by Elizabeth and James smells almost exactly like sweet sandalwood incense, so if you've ever wanted to wear that as a perfume, I highly recommend you pick up a sample of this today! I don't think you'll be disappointed! Personally, I think this perfume is fantastic, and I think I would especially find it sexy on a man, so please ignore the fact that the Basenoters community have (incorrectly) labelled this one as a women's perfume! It is, in fact, unisex, and it's also amazingly sexy, dark, exotic, warm, sweet and spicy. I really don't think there's anything to dislike and a highly recommend it.
24th November, 2015

Elizabeth & James NIRVANA Black EDP Perfume Rollerball Combo + Nude Lip Gloss

End Date: Saturday May-30-2020 10:23:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.74
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

elizabeth and james nirvana black white and rose samples

End Date: Saturday May-30-2020 12:13:44 PDT

Elizabeth And James White Nirvana White Eau De Parfum EDP 50 ML 1.7 oz 60% FULL

End Date: Saturday May-30-2020 22:15:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $47.20
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

ELIZABETH AND JAMES NIRVANA BLACK & WHITE Rollerballs Set ~ 0.24 fl oz~NEW!

End Date: Saturday May-30-2020 23:46:23 PDT