Dior Homme Eau for Men (2014)
    by Christian Dior

Average Rating: 4

Based on 17 ratings

Dior Homme Eau for Men Fragrance Notes

Dior Homme Eau for Men information

Dior Homme Eau for Men is a men's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2014

Reviews of Dior Homme Eau for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

thatsmr2usir's avatar

Dior Homme Eau is a relatively nice/safe designer fragrance in the vein of it's father the original Dior Homme but it is not better. This is a more fresh take on the original minus the leather with added bergamot to make it more wearable for the warmer months. The iris/make up smell is still there supporting citrus & some light woods.

This is a daytime fragrance for me at least. It is to light for evening wear. Suitable for office and casual dates, brunch etc.. It is one of the better designer scents thus far making it a go to stable. It's projection & longevity is both average on me. If you want a Iris fragrance check out Hermes Iris Ukiyoe. 3/5 rating

25 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier released Iris Bleu Gris in 1988, and Divine introduced the iris-based L’Homme de Coeur in 2002, yet Dior Homme was still considered something of a breakthrough when it appeared in 2005: the first mainstream designer iris scent marketed to men. I’ve always wanted to like Dior Homme more than I do, but it’s never won the place in my heart that its two great predecessors occupy. It’s not a matter of niche snobbery, but rather a particular potent, chemical-smelling fruit note that ruins Dior Homme for me every time I sample it. When I received a sample of Dior Homme Eau, I was hopeful that Dior might have seen fit to tone down the artificial fruit, and give me a flanker that I could love. Alas, it was not to be. The cloying fruit note is still there, and I still don’t like it.

Happily, the iris is still there too, and Dior Homme Eau is not just a lighter and more ephemeral version of the original. On the debit side, Dior Homme Eau trades in the original’s plush, leathery drydown for blatantly artificial woody base notes, so it winds up feeling cheaper and less comfortable as it wears. I’ll be sticking to Iris Bleu Gris, L’Homme de Coeur, or Heeley’s outstanding Iris de Nuit when I want my iris fix.

06 July, 2014

Tmoran's avatar

Honestly I have not a clue where the hate is coming from recently with this fragrance. I got an insane deal on a 3.4 and honestly I wish the bottle was bigger as I know this will become a staple in my rotation. IMHO it has everything I like about dior homme but with a little extra spice that makes the lipstick vibe a little more multidimensional and interesting. It doesnt have huge progression but its far from what I would call linear. Projection and sillage as well as longevity are excellent and I usually dont get good performance from most fragrances. What I really love about this stuff is that I get the impression that most people will not think I am wearing cologne but rather think you just naturally smell good. Sometimes you dont want something that screams " I just bathed in EDT!!!! SMELL ME NOW!!!". Bottom line is I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. I think its a great flanker with its own personality while retaining enough original DNA to be worthy of the dior homme name. Is it as powerful as dior homme intense? No. But thats not a fair comparison and I doubt it was their goal. I say try it for yourself before you give even one negative youtube review a second view.

28 June, 2014

OCNBreeze7's avatar

Eau Dior Homme... Believe the hype... The "Wow Factor" is A+...

I recently purchased Dior's new fragrance, Eau Dior Homme, and I am thoroughly impressed. I have worn it once and should the "performance" continue, EDH could be in my Top 10 by end of the month. As noted by other reviewers, there is a striking resemblance to Dior Homme, but sufficient difference that EDH has created it's own identity. That identity - an extraordinary fragrance...

While opening the cologne, I noted typical Dior packaging and bottling - first class. I especially like the bottle - clear and transparent to allow the user to see the clarity of the fragrance - I imagine connoisseurs of fine wine and a great bourbon (yes, I am a Southerner) enjoy a similar "clarity". The color of the fragrance is a great shade of light blue, almost clear with a "smoky blue" tint. A great representation of the fragrance.

Out of the bottle, EDH is a blend of many notes, first the floral and fruity, and then the coriander, amber, and woodsy. The end result is a very pleasant fragrance. Actually - this stuff rocks..!! First day wearing - I received two positive comments (the "Wow Factor") from two very attractive females - one a co-worker that is very married and the other - well, she is smokin' hot and I would love to date her - I will keep you posted on the progress. She is as big an aficionado as I regarding fragrances and she has the "nose" to do reviews. The "Wow Factor" is first rate.

Projection/Sillage and Longevity are above average. Following an 8 hour day - OK, it was more like 10 - I could still detect EDH on my wrist and even stronger on clothing. Most reviewers suggest that EDH is a Spring/Summer fragrance, but I will pitch that given the complexity of the notes, EDH offers great flexibility/versatility to allow being worn during any season. Hey if you like a fragrance, have the confidence to wear it anytime you want - I do..!!

For most users, the Dior fragrances can be considered a little more expensive than other fragrances. What is the old saying - "you get what you pay for"...?? - I am a believer. It is obvious to me that a great deal of effort went into defining EDH and designing the bottle. Both - first class..!! (not to mention above average longevity and projection/sillage).

All things considered, I am rating Eau Dior Homme at 4.7 stars out of 5... The fragrance and longevity/projection/sillage are fantastic, the "Wow Factor" has been great, and I love the bottle. Highly recommend adding to your collection. On a sidebar - I am a James Dean fan. That said, the add features a quote from this departed actor (much too soon, I might add) that adds to the attraction of this fragrance.

Daily I.M. - It is a beautiful thing when you discover that finding true love has changed your life... Enjoy life...

16 April, 2014

lespritz's avatar

This would have to be give-away for me to buy it. Never smelled the Dior Homme intense(but want to), Dior Homme Sport sucks(and in no way smells like the original) and of course Dior Homme is sexy. This one smells like it, if it were lemony, lighter, and cheaper(quality). You don't need to smell this if you're that curious.

02 April, 2014

Archer51's avatar

Just smelled this at macys, it was really clean and has a little spice, overall i enjoyed it and could see it worn day or night. They didnt carry original homme to compare but it smelled nice on paper. Give it a try its only at macys for a few more months.

18 March, 2014

• 3 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 1 day
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior Eau De Parfum Spray for Men 5.0 oz.(sku:15382)
    • Time Left: 25 days
    • 3 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHRISTIAN DIOR HOMME INTENSE EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 50 ML / 1.7 OZ (UNB)
    • Time Left: 1 day