La Route d'Emeraude (new) (2012)
by Isabey

La Route d'Emeraude (new) information

Year of Launch2012

HouseIsabey
Parent CompanyMarcel Guerlain > Panouge

About La Route d'Emeraude (new)

A new version of the original fragrance from the 1920s.

La Route d'Emeraude (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of La Route d'Emeraude (new)

Big, bold top notes. Tiny, creamy note mixed in with an immense blend of florals. Overwhelming jasmine with a hint of nuttiness underneath. Pungent, old rose. Touch of bitterness. Loads of tuberose. Airy, orange blossom. Everything eventually mellows and tames down. It all becomes creamier with an addition of vanilla.

The jasmine becomes quieter with a more boozy voice. And still, creaminess abounds. It morphs into an almost bakery smell. Amber and musk join in, with hints of orange blossom still present.

Moderate to heavy sillage. Jasmine and tuberose are really the main stars here. Lasts for many, many hours. A floral perfume with balls.

20th April, 2019
This struck me at first as a totally acceptable, old-fashioned "exotic" floral (jasmine being the dominant player) with a friendly, warm, cinnamon note that I now believe must have been present in the perfumes my grandmother wore--Youth Dew being at the top of the list. In fact, for a French fragrance, it reminds me very much of the "clean" Estée Lauder musk style.

Nostalgia alone made me keep smelling, because my grandmother was my favorite person in the whole world, and the only woman in our family who enjoyed fragrance or took it seriously. As I've let this evolve, I've begun to enjoy it, although I'd like a little more complexity in the drydown, Nonetheless, this is well structured, it's exactly as advertised, and it's hella powerful. 170 bucks' worth of this stuff will see you for a nice long time.

This is definitely the fragrance of a no-nonsense woman: shirtdress, proper pumps, a structured handbag containing Kleenex and a sturdy compact.

I'm sure this was funkier before its reformulation--it probably had those nitro masks we'll never see again. It looks like Isabey has discoed almost all of its old line, save this and its Gardenia (which I will now have to get my hands on). I'm surprised I like this as much as I do. Maybe it's because, even reformulated, nobody smells like La Route d'Emeraude anymore.

Edit 1 month later: I'm becoming unusually frugal with my sample and starting to eye that extrait option from time to time. I suspect that "like" is threatening to tipple over into "love."
02nd February, 2016 (last edited: 03rd March, 2016)

Add your review of La Route d'Emeraude (new)

Shop for La Route d'Emeraude (new) products online

Isabey La Route d'Emeraude Eau de Parfum 50ml New Without Box

End Date: Friday May-31-2019 18:54:53 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $179.10
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of La Route d'Emeraude (new)

There are no member images of La Route d'Emeraude (new) yet. Why not be the first?